Convergex Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 28, 2016

2.3

Tech Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Convergex Group (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

What am I currently job doing, and a few tech questions. In addition, there were some background check. I spent most of time in stating what my current job is doing. Not too many tech problems and it seems not a difficult phone interview. hope this will be helpful. I think it is enough for fifty words, right?

Interview Questions

• how to reverse string and can we reverse string without using O(n) extra space   Answer Question

Trade Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Convergex Group (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Easy. Began with phone interview with HR director, then phone interview with who would come to be one of my bosses, then finally an in person interview with ~6 different people. The questions they asked were not technical or financial related at all. They mostly just looked for someone they can get along with and teach.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in the financial industry?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you and a coworker had a disagreement and how it was worked out.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Convergex Group (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Refer by employee. Talked to HR from phone two days later, then she arranged another interview with hiring manager. But one day before that, I suddenly got phone call from hiring manager, felt so strange and I told him the true on site schedule. So he said he would check with HR. Next day when I headed to the company, I didn't see hiring manager, I met with the HR again, and she just asked me the same questions as our first phone talk. Then told me the manager already hired someone from yesterday's phone call. Very bad HR, who ruined the whole process.

Quant Interview

Interview

phone interview : talk about my experience, ask what have learnt in school, and some basic questions for trading. After 3 days, receive email for an onsite interview. They ask technical questions, it took longer than i expected.

Interview Questions

• two technical question. do not over thinking, try to do it as simple as you could. Also ask programming question. It should be easy for CS students.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Convergex Group (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Short interview with an exec, then a short interview with HR. The interview itself only took around an hour, but it took a few weeks to hear if I got the internship or not. Nothing too crazy. The entire office is extremely relaxed, but very professional.

Interview Questions

• How has your college experience prepared you for a job in finance?   Answer Question

Sales and Trading Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Convergex Group (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Started off by submitting an application and emailing the HR team. They gave a personality test email, followed by one phone interview. The questions were all behavioral. They asked about my major, my career goals, and what I would bring to the firm. They said that they were going to ask some technical questions but didn't ask any.

Interview Questions

• What are your career goals?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation phase

Settlement Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Convergex Group (Orlando, FL) in November 2015.

Interview

I was referred by one of their current employees for an open position. I applied online and they called me back right away for a short phone interview. They asked me what I knew about the company and what my background experience has been. Then they scheduled an in person interview. In person interview was casual. I met with two operations managers to discuss the position in more detail. Most of the interview was them describing what the position entailed followed by a few situational questions. I didn't feel they asked me too many questions that would have allowed me to really express myself despite me trying to discuss some key attributes that I wanted to highlight. They gave me a window of time in which they expected to get back to me. I sent a follow up e-mail that same afternoon thanking them for their time and waited for the indicated time frame. The employee who referred me told me they had really liked me so I was hopeful. When I never heard back, I waited an extra week before reaching out again to the managers to find out if the position was still open. About an two hours later I received an email that they were going to continue looking at other candidates. I think they weren't going to respond to me at all but since I knew an employee and because I continued to follow up they had to respond.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Convergex Group.

Interview

The interview consisted of two phone screens, three in-person interviews, very straight forward and welcoming. Questions were mostly behavioral and involved previous experience, background, and personality fit within the team and company. Interview was professional and informal team tried to gain an understanding of how a new member would align and interact with the group. After discussions and offer was presented.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Convergex Group.

Interview

I was initially contacted by the hiring department after submitting an application online. Interview consisted of one phone call one face to face with multiple people. Overall process was quick and pleasant. Everyone was professional and personable.

Interview Questions

• Straight forward situational and behavioral interview questions.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Convergex Group.

Interview

The interview process was very straightforward; they posted an opening through my University website, and I got a response the day after I applied. The interview was purely behavioral questions about myself and past experiences. Overall it was pretty easy and very positive -- the interviewers were smart, engaged, and sociable. I think part of the ease of the interview was attributable to the fact that they needed someone immediately and I applied the same day that they posted the opening, so maybe my experience was unique.

Interview Questions

• None really, just have answers ready for all of the standard questions.   Answer Question