Cooper Tire & Rubber Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cooper Tire & Rubber Interview Questions

Updated Mar 22, 2017

3.2

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cooper Tire & Rubber in March 2016.

Interview

Phone interview was set for 30 minutes but only took 20 minutes. Interviewed by 5 people at once, including a team manager of a different section. Asked basic questions such as introducing myself and went through my resume and past experiences. Straightforward process and received a response in a week.

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cooper Tire & Rubber (Toledo, OH) in August 2015.

Interview

First interview was just to get details about my experience and what i have been doing with some management questions. 2nd interview was bit technical to screen if i had worked on technology and how i supported it. Final interview was in person with 6-8 different people.

Interview Questions

• Technical to logical to behavioral to management skills   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

I had a phone screen with the hiring manager and then was brought in and met with 4 or 5 managers separately for my interview. It took 3 or 4 weeks for them to finally make an offer.

Interview Questions

• Most of my interview questions were the standard, tell me about yourself, what kind of work did you do at XYZ.   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southaven, MS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cooper Tire & Rubber (Southaven, MS) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was on a Saturday at my request. It started off in the plant managers office and carried on into the plant. The interview was very thorough and answered all questions I had about the job and the company. There were quite a few questions asked of me that I answered accordingly. The facilities were nice and clean. The employees working on that day seemed interested to find out what position the interview was for.

Interview Questions

• Would you be interested in this position in hopes of it leading to another position.   1 Answer
    • Do you have a problem being on call after hours?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Short and to the point.

Business Process Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Findlay, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cooper Tire & Rubber (Findlay, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

Received a phone call to come in for a face to face interview. I met with 4 or 5 different groups of managers/analysts. I received an offer the next week. Be sure to negotiate your salary. They're willing to go up if you ask. Good place to work. Coworkers are friendly. Management isn't always open to change though. They tend to hire outside candidates rather than internal promotion.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. tell me about a a time when.... etc   Answer Question

Plant Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Findlay, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cooper Tire & Rubber (Findlay, OH).

Interview

I thought that the HR team at Cooper Tire and Rubber Company was pretty well organized and had everything setup and ready to go on time. During the interview process, you were able to speak to a variety of different positions including : VP of Finance, Plant Controller, Senior Accountant, HR Manager, and Manager of the SOX Department. Overall, the interview was like most other interviews in that you get asked several Behavioral based questions along with personal conversation.

Interview Questions

• During the interview process, I think the most difficult was with the Controller, he asked very technical questions that I was not expecting however, if you are right for the position the questions were easily answerable   Answer Question

Negotiation

Be sure to read over the offer letter and make sure that it is what you are seeking.

Compound Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cooper Tire & Rubber.

Interview

I was contacted for a initial HR screening through phone. This was a general getting to know the candidate interview & was asked to explain at technical term to the HR. The very same day I got a call to interview with the hiring manager who was extremely rude & felt like he wasn't interested in hiring anyone at all. 5 weeks later I got an email from the HR saying the position has been closed.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cooper Tire & Rubber.

Interview

Had one phone interview and then an in person interview. Asked general leadership questions and about analytical skills.
    Overall it was a good experience. Everyone was pleasant to interview with and the questions were not very difficult. The most important thing is to show that you are smart and can analyze large data sets.

Reclassifier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Texarkana, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cooper Tire & Rubber (Texarkana, AR) in June 2014.

Interview

It was the basic questions. It was laid back, but you need to show you can be professional and have an ability to grow within the company. It helps to have a degree or at least a degree plan in progress.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very basic, negotiations can be done on a one on one basis.

Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cooper Tire & Rubber.

Interview

It is not a quick process at Cooper. It can take over 3 months from the initial phone call to accept the position. There is usually a phone interview and then a full days worth of interviewing.

Negotiation

Not much negotations