Core-Mark Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Core-Mark Interview Questions

Updated Apr 6, 2017

2.4

Merchandiser Interview

Interview

Applied online. Position was first opened a year ago, applied for it and never heard anything. Position once again came open. Applied for it again and heard back from HR. But... "While your skills and background are impressive, we have decided to proceed with other applicants who more closely fit our needs at this time."

So let's get this right: high school diploma needed (I have grad school) and 1 year of merchandising experience required (I have over 3 years plus 8 years of sales experience). Canned email response after applying for the position TWICE (last year and this year). Any women doing this job? Would love to see if there are any in the field.

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Core-Mark (Albuquerque, NM).

Interview

Applied online (very brief questionnaire) 2 days later was called to come down and fill out full application. Arrived and completed application and was immediately sat down for an informal interview. Everything was smooth and went well. Waiting for paperwork to clear corporate.

Warehouse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Core-Mark.

Interview

It was easy. the questions were really simple and the guy didnt seem like he was looking for much. Even if i was dumb i would still get the job. Just go in there confident. Doesnt take much for them to say you got it. If you have no experience that is fine becasue the job is really really easy

Inventory Control Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Core-Mark (Atlanta, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

Had a phone interview with the hiring Manager 1st who called the recruiter back to schedule an onsite Interview with Sr. Management including the hiring manager. So I interviewed with a total of 4 people,

Interview Questions

• How would I handle conflict between employees?   1 Answer

Trans Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Smyrna, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Core-Mark (Smyrna, GA).

Interview

good i knew the operations manager and he recruited me hard. subsequently he left 2 months later. i believe he did not give the ship enough time to right itself. since we have made leaps and bounds in on time deliveries and service level.

Delivery Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Core-Mark.

Interview

Came in for the interview, there was alot of waiting involved to be interviewed. They appeared to be confusion between the transportation supervisor and the receptionist about what I was supposed to do when I got there but I think it was staged to see if I was become frustrated or remain calm.

Interview Questions

• After a very brief description about the job and pay, I was asked if I could handle it. I appreciated the honesty about the work being hard   1 Answer

Warehouse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Core-Mark in July 2016.

Interview

Interviewer was extremely rude during interview. I was received a call asking me to come and interview for a warehouse position. I arrived and wait because the person seeing me was late. The interview took about 20 mins.

Interview Questions

• was I ok with working 12 to 15 hour days 5 days a week.   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Core-Mark (South San Francisco, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

The hiring process was very smooth and open. The corporate recruiter at HQ's maintained a professional and courteous approach, which made it pleasing. During the interviews, some of the questions were unrelated to the job itself, but I think it was just to create good rapport.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and walk me through your resume.   Answer Question
    • Name a challenge that you experienced and how did you overcome it.   Answer Question

Trainer, SAP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Core-Mark (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I was contracted by the Corporate Recruiter at the end of March of 2016. He stated his professional background and told me a bit about the company. After conducting a quick phone screen he told me I as perfect for the role and he would get back to me in a day. I didn't hear back from him for another couple of weeks. During our second call it was apparent that he didn't remember our conversation and was unfamiliar with my resume. His behavior during the telephone call surprised me and struck me as unprofessional. He was talking extremely fast, he seemed nervous, and he obviously didn’t know my resume or remember he called me a few weeks back. He proceeded to tell me I wasn’t a great fit for the role, when he told me two weeks prior I was a great fit. He also indicated that his client (the hiring manager) had unrealistic expectations regarding the role and that they were getting desperate so perhaps I had a chance to get it. Needless to say, I never heard back from this individual and probably would never consider working for a place that has someone not represent the company well.

Again, this was one of the most unusual, unprofessional conversations I have ever had with a Corporate Recruiter. Whoever hired him should really reevaluate his work. I would never have this person represent my organization.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Core-Mark (South San Francisco, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

They are such a crap company to work for, they checked my pulse and I was hired. I walked in to the office, noticed the mid 1980's decor and said, hey this is better than the refrigerator box I live in under the 101. I was encouraged because most of the dinosaurs/ employees have less skills than I do. And it smelled like cabbage in there. I think my interviewer gave notice right before my interview b/c they were packing their office during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Can you work exceptional hours at 20 - 30% below market pay   1 Answer

Make more panhandling.