Core-Mark Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Core-Mark Interview Questions

Updated Jan 30, 2018

2.3

Pick Line Sector Interview

Interview

short and sweet, probably the easist place to work. Always hiring and willing to accept almost anyone. Just need bodies at this point, New faces always coming in. Managment needs some work, not everyone is on the same page

Merchandiser Interview

Interview

Applied online. Position was first opened a year ago, applied for it and never heard anything. Position once again came open. Applied for it again and heard back from HR. But... "While your skills and background are impressive, we have decided to proceed with other applicants who more closely fit our needs at this time."

So let's get this right: high school diploma needed (I have grad school) and 1 year of merchandising experience required (I have over 3 years plus 8 years of sales experience). Canned email response after applying for the position TWICE (last year and this year). Any women doing this job? Would love to see if there are any in the field.

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Core-Mark (Albuquerque, NM).

Interview

Applied online (very brief questionnaire) 2 days later was called to come down and fill out full application. Arrived and completed application and was immediately sat down for an informal interview. Everything was smooth and went well. Waiting for paperwork to clear corporate.

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Core-Mark (Houston, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

I put it an application I week before the interview and they denied me so the manager called me back said I want to talk to about a position and I was like y'all denied and she said well that because that position was closed. The interview was fairly easy she told me about the position and I offered the position a week later.

Interview Questions

• What is some of your experience   1 Answer

Warehouse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Core-Mark.

Interview

It was easy. the questions were really simple and the guy didnt seem like he was looking for much. Even if i was dumb i would still get the job. Just go in there confident. Doesnt take much for them to say you got it. If you have no experience that is fine becasue the job is really really easy

Inventory Control Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Core-Mark (Atlanta, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

Had a phone interview with the hiring Manager 1st who called the recruiter back to schedule an onsite Interview with Sr. Management including the hiring manager. So I interviewed with a total of 4 people,

Interview Questions

• How would I handle conflict between employees?   1 Answer

Order Picker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Core-Mark (Fort Worth, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online through Glassdoor. Waited a few days didn't hear anything so i gave them a call. they said they've been meaning to call to set up an interview but have been busy. The person conducting the interview was kind of rude. Had the too good for you look and tone. But the other lady in HR is great. Very kind and resourceful.

Interview Questions

• Why did you get the discharge you got? (Which is an illegal question for them to ask)   Answer Question

Trans Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Smyrna, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Core-Mark (Smyrna, GA).

Interview

good i knew the operations manager and he recruited me hard. subsequently he left 2 months later. i believe he did not give the ship enough time to right itself. since we have made leaps and bounds in on time deliveries and service level.

Delivery Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Core-Mark.

Interview

Came in for the interview, there was alot of waiting involved to be interviewed. They appeared to be confusion between the transportation supervisor and the receptionist about what I was supposed to do when I got there but I think it was staged to see if I was become frustrated or remain calm.

Interview Questions

• After a very brief description about the job and pay, I was asked if I could handle it. I appreciated the honesty about the work being hard   1 Answer

Warehouse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Core-Mark in July 2016.

Interview

Interviewer was extremely rude during interview. I was received a call asking me to come and interview for a warehouse position. I arrived and wait because the person seeing me was late. The interview took about 20 mins.

Interview Questions

• was I ok with working 12 to 15 hour days 5 days a week.   1 Answer