Core-Mark Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Core-Mark Interview Questions

2.3

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scranton, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Core-Mark (Scranton, PA).

Interview

Pretty laid back. No stupid behavioral questions. No dopey tests given.

HR will call initially. Then contacted by an Area Sales Manager. (both of them are nice people.)

Then you travel to meet the Area Sales Manager in person.

Then you go to PA to meet the GSM.

Interview Questions

• They are looking for someone who can get the job done and sell sell sell. But it was a laid back interview environment.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They are flexible. It depends on your experience. They have the money to pay. It just depends on what your background is. Did you come over from a competitor...they would like that. Remember, they have the money to pay allot.

Associate Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Core-Mark (South San Francisco, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

E-mail, phone interview, first, and second interview

Interview Questions

• What my wife is doing for living (unexpected question)   1 Answer

Associate Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Core-Mark (South San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Phone interview: 2-3 technical questions/case studies, 1 about yourself question, 2-3 behavioral questions

Night Warehouse Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Core-Mark (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2015.

Interview

My first interview was with the new Ops Manager. He's a 20+ year Core-Mark employee. It was 2 hours, very laid back, and discussed what he was looking for and then we went over my relevant warehouse experience. Then he gave me a tour of the warehouse. He set a second interview for the following week with the Sr Day Warehouse Manager. His interview lasted 5 minutes as he quickly browsed my resume, asked me so you've never used AS400, well i'm going to tell you now, you're not going to get the Manager job. But we might have another position for you. 1 month later I was offered a night warehouse position, which I regretfully accepted. It lasted about 6 months.

Interview Questions

• Do you know AS400? Have you Managed a Warehouse before?   1 Answer

Warehouse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Core-Mark.

Interview

It was easy. the questions were really simple and the guy didnt seem like he was looking for much. Even if i was dumb i would still get the job. Just go in there confident. Doesnt take much for them to say you got it. If you have no experience that is fine becasue the job is really really easy

Warehouse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Core-Mark in July 2016.

Interview

Interviewer was extremely rude during interview. I was received a call asking me to come and interview for a warehouse position. I arrived and wait because the person seeing me was late. The interview took about 20 mins.

Interview Questions

• was I ok with working 12 to 15 hour days 5 days a week.   1 Answer

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Corona, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Core-Mark (Corona, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

The interviewer was extremely nice. He made me feel comfortable didn't give me the usual interrogation.Based on my resume he suggested I should look into management in the future. I took his advise and did so my next job.

Interview Questions

• What kind of work etchic do you posses?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Core-Mark (Sacramento, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

Heard the position was open internally,Submitted Resume, one in-person interview, a few follow-up negotiations, job was offered and I accepted. The process is a little different when you are applying externally. In that instance you usually submit your resume, have a phone screen, depending on the position take an online assessment, have an in person interview (if not 2) and then have the potential of receiving an offer.

Inventory Control Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Core-Mark (Atlanta, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

Had a phone interview with the hiring Manager 1st who called the recruiter back to schedule an onsite Interview with Sr. Management including the hiring manager. So I interviewed with a total of 4 people,

Interview Questions

• How would I handle conflict between employees?   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Core-Mark (South San Francisco, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

The hiring process was very smooth and open. The corporate recruiter at HQ's maintained a professional and courteous approach, which made it pleasing. During the interviews, some of the questions were unrelated to the job itself, but I think it was just to create good rapport.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and walk me through your resume.   Answer Question
    • Name a challenge that you experienced and how did you overcome it.   Answer Question