KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Updated Jun 2, 2021

3.1
Core-Mark CEO Scott McPherson
Scott McPherson
Pros
  • "Good benefits; flexible work schedule(in 27 reviews)

• "The Company is fun to work for, good pay(in 27 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Employee turnover, Long Hours, Lean Staffing(in 31 reviews)

• "Low Pay & Limited Growth Opportunities(in 18 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee

Better Than Average Work Environment

Jun 2, 2021 - Training and Development Manager in Phoenix, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Constant work available Family-like atmosphere Decent work-life balance

Cons

Frequent policy changes Demanding customers Benefits are so-so

2. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

This job Sucks

Mar 15, 2021 - Order Picker in Whitinsville, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

It gets the bills paid if you willing to over work yourself for minimum pay

Cons

Management sucks and are completely biased and show extreme favoritism towards female employees and white males . If you are a white male chances are you will thrive , and if you are a female they’ll add you on for some eye candy for the night shift.. extremely over worked and I mean one person does the work of 2 or 3 people every night,. Extremely understaffed so the staff that are there typically pick up the slack , the shift starts from 4-3:30am but you’ll be lucky to leave at 4am and you can’t leave until the job is finished.. there is a point system so if you leave early that’s a point ... you have 6 points until your are terminated and the start of the week counts as Two points,, the end of the week also counts as two points.. and even sick days are counted as points even with a doctors note.. the main goal is get in and get out as fast as possible.. you have 2 15 min breaks and a half hour lunch again you can’t leave until the job is finished so if it’s 5am by the time you are done let’s just hope those two 15 min breaks hit the spot... management sucks and will continually threaten to fire you if you don’t move to the beat of their drum .. overall this is one of the worst places I have worked in my life and I wouldn’t even took time to write this much of it wasn’t.. good luck but save yourself the head ache

2 people found this review helpful

Manager, Recruiting

We’re sorry to hear about your negative experience at Core-Mark. We take our reputation and the happiness of our employees very seriously and are sincerely apologetic that your experience did not meet our intentions. . If you'd like to discuss this matter further please contact me at lianne.daues@core-mark.com. Thank you for the feedback.

3. 5.0

Great company and culture

May 19, 2021 - Warehouse Worker in San Antonio, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome company, the culture here is the best I’ve ever seen. Management is very involved and I guess that’s the difference. They know me personally and always take time to say hi and ask about my family. The Whse is very clean and everyone knows what their job is.

Cons

No incentive pay for day shift but other than that the benefits are great

Manager, Recruiting

We’re so happy your experience at Core-Mark was positive. And thanks for taking the time to provide feedback. We’re always aiming to be better and do better.

4. 4.0

Great steppingstone

May 2, 2021 - Order Picker in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay. If you do your job well, management rarely interferes with you. Benefits, yearly raise.

Cons

Often short handed. Seems like there is some favoritism, which can be very frustrating to see. Work can be demanding when not all team members in you department are pulling their own weight to get the job done.

Manager, Recruiting

Thank you for reaching out. We apologize that your experience was not as exceptional as we intended. Please know that we take feedback seriously. We will review your comments and consider making adjustments on our end based on your comments. Please reach out if you’d like to discuss this matter further by emailing lianne.daues@core-mark.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great people and great environment!

May 5, 2021 - Manager in San Antonio, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very clean and organized facility, very family oriented culture! Everyone is focused on safety and everyone cares for one another! 4-5 day work schedules, creates a great work life balance Leadership has been focused on safety and COVID safety all year during the Pandemic and protecting the employees from risks!

Cons

none at this time, overall great experience from the top on down.

Manager, Recruiting

We’re so happy your experience at Core-Mark was positive! And thanks for taking the time to provide feedback. We’re always aiming to be better and do better.

6. 5.0

I love my job

May 26, 2021 - Reset Lead in Corona, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Coremark is a great company to work for

Cons

Hours can bea bit long sometimes

7. 3.0
      Current Employee

Trailer loads are seriously screwed up!

Apr 19, 2021 - Truck Driver in Las Vegas, NV
      Business Outlook

Pros

They do treat you like family. The trainers are straight up and true to their word. Follow their directions and you won’t be steered wrong.

Cons

The way that the trailers are loaded suck! The new warehouse employees don’t know how to build a pallet! So expect delays and repercussions for their in adequate pallet building. The way they are building pallets makes life difficult for us drivers! Other than that I have no complaints

8. 2.0

Out of touch

Mar 23, 2021 - Marketing in Westlake, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Currently focused on the right technologies to grow business but poorly executing those rollout.

Cons

Low salaries. Lack of advancement opportunities. No yearly bonus (manager and above ONLY) Lack of diversity in the workplace (mostly white men). Management is only interested in advancing their own careers and out of touch with those who do the work. No work/life balance. Unrealistic work demand. Benefits are basic. The business allows each Division to have too much control - corporate needs to be more involved. Very little employee team building events - just work and go home.

1 person found this review helpful

Manager, Recruiting

Thank you for your feedback. We're always striving to make Core-Mark a more diverse and inclusive workplace. We take our reputation and the happiness of our employees very seriously and are sincerely sorry that your experience did not meet our intentions. Please contact me at lianne.daues@core-mark.com if you have specific recommendations for how we could do better, or to discuss this matter further.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great place, great values!

May 11, 2021 - Manager in Gardiner, ME
      Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone is working towards the same priorities under the umbrella of our Core Values.

Cons

Can be some long hours during the heavy season, but is very rewarding!

Manager, Recruiting

We’re so happy that your experience here at Core-Mark has been a positive one! We’re always striving to make this feel more like a family than a workplace. We welcome all feedback – please feel free to reach out with any additional comments at lianne.daues@core-mark.

10. 4.0

Great for experience

May 13, 2021 - Sales Consultant in Bakersfield, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great way to get into the industry and learn the business

Cons

Low pay Poor management No room for a personal life

Manager, Recruiting

Thank you for reaching out. We apologize that your experience was not entirely positive. Please know that we take feedback seriously and we will use it to help improve the Core-Mark experience for all. If there’s anything more you’d like to add you can reach me directly by emailing lianne.daues@core-mark.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 569 Reviews