Cortland Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Supply Chain Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cortland (Atlanta, GA) in August 2019.

Interview

Was contacted by the recruiter. Had a 20 minute over the phone interview with my future manager. A week later, I was contacted to do an in office interview. Also had to complete a personality test and basic math/English test. The interview went great and received a call from HR with an offer. One of the smoothest and successful interviews I have ever had

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cortland.

Interview

Simple process, they were polite and professional. Very articulate in describing their work culture and what they expect of employees. As long as you carry yourself in a good manner it’s a good experience overall.

Interview Questions

• Describe a stressful work experience and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Investment Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cortland.

Interview

Met on campus with a recruiter before a career fair. She was very insightful and helpful. Asked very simple interview questions about myself mostly. Overall, it was a relatively simple interview process.

Leasing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cortland.

Interview

3 step interview process:
    1. Video Interview
    2. Onsite interview with Property Manager
    3. Interview with Regional Director

Once the interview process began, it seamlessly flowed from the first interview to the final interview down to the final offer.

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cortland.

Interview

The beginning of the interview process was fairly standard and straightforward (phone screen followed by in-person interview with two hiring managers). After the in-person interview, the company required a psychological assessment in order to complete the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What strengths do you have that would make you a good fit for this position?   Answer Question

Internal Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cortland (Atlanta, GA) in December 2019.

Interview

The interview process was thorough. There was an initial phone screening and then I was invited into the office for the first interview with the hiring manager. Then I was given a project to assess my skills for the role. From there, I went in again for a second interview to meet the team. Two weeks later, I was offered the job, but first I had to meet with a organizational psychologist to conduct a series of personality tests. Lastly, I was required to do a drug test and background check.

Leasing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cortland (Atlanta, GA) in November 2019.

Interview

I applied online, where I had to submit videos for a one-sided recorded interview. The next day a recruiter reached out and called me and we discussed the position, really seemed to hit it off, and ultimately I was sold on the position. She wanted to set up a second interview call. however when it came time for the day and time we arranged to speak I did not receive a call. I texted about 5 minutes after our scheduled time, to which she replied a last minute conference call came up and she would contact me afterwards. (it would have been nice if it had been communicated to me that she was no longer available for our second interview call so that I wasn't just sitting there waiting. The rest of the evening went by with no response so I reached out again but this time with no response. I called the recruiter the next day and again, no response. Overall this felt like an extremely unprofessional way to treat potential candidates. please improve your communication.

Senior Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cortland.

Interview

Submit job application online, received a call from HR, complete online assessment and had a phone interview with 3 different controller from 3 different cities. Everyone was "cold" and it felt weird and uncomfortable the entire time. Definitely not people i want to work with.

Interview Questions

• tell me how your past experience co-relate to this position?   Answer Question

Cortland Response

Sep 9, 2019

Hello, there! We wish that your interview experience had lived up to your expectations. Our interview process may feel longer than others, but each step plays a vital part helping you get to know us outside of a job description or job posting. It also allows us to understand what you have outlined for your professional goals. Because we’re a company who values collaboration, we often involve associates and leadership alike in the interview process to give you transparency into who we are and what Cortland is all about. We wish you luck in your future endeavors! – Ashley Gordon, VP of Talent Acquisition

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cortland (Addison, TX) in July 2019.

Interview

Interview process was long, however, it is because Cortland goes beyond in trying to make sure not only you are right for the company, but that the community you end up at is the right fit for you.

Interview Questions

• I really liked that I was asked to secret shop a Cortland community and report back to them. Not only is this smart to get feedback on how the current teams are doing, but it gives you insight on how Cortland operates.   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cortland (Atlanta, GA) in May 2019.

Interview

Online application and short IQ assessment followed by an interview with hiring manager, hiring manager's manager and a member of senior leadership. After positive feedback was received a 2-3 hour assessment/interview with a psychologist + multiple exams for intelligence, work style, and organizational fit was scheduled. Offer came shortly thereafter.