Cortland Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Regional Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cortland (Atlanta, GA) in February 2018.

Interview

My first phone interview was with someone from the talent department, my second was with my potential boss. After completing those interviews I took online personality/analytical assessment tests. After taking the test, I completed an in person interview with 5 people(separately). Lastly, I completed 4 in-person assessment tests with a psychologist. Overall, this company is thorough and ORGANIZED! I couldn’t have picked a better company to work for. While the interview process was intense, knowing that they care that much about who works beside them makes all the difference.

Interview Questions

• Pick the closest person to you. How would you describe them? How would they describe you?   Answer Question

Apr 6, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Spcialist

Wow, thank you for leaving such a rave review! We know our interview process can be a little extensive, but we want to know more about you than just your skills and experience. We want to get to know... More

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cortland in March 2015.

Interview

I was actually promoted from within. A position became available and my manager recommended me for a promotion. My performance was reviewed and evaluated. I was approached by the regional to see if I was interested and then took the personality/IQ test, as well as other routine required screening test. After all the screening was cleared my regional came and discussed the position in detail and ways I could enhance my strengths and weaknesses in order to excel in my new position.

Interview Questions

• We discussed my performance and strength and weakness and how I would enhance my strengths and work on my weaknesses.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cortland (Orlando, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

Excellent interview process. Friendly and professional. Very organized interview process. The phone interview was set up with a date and time. The talent requisition person called me exactly the time that they promised. It was about 45 minutes long. However, the conversation was very interesting, I was not boring. I had a great time speaking to the professional interviewing me.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cortland (Dallas, TX) in April 2018.

Interview

2 months!! (Thus far!) 1 video interview, 1 phone interview and one cancelled 2nd interview without a new rescheduled date or even a respectable email response from numerous follow up emails. Ugggh!!

VERY POOR COMMUNICATION!! Thank you for leading me on and on the ENTIRE 2 months. We have laws and best practices in place, have you ever heard of them???!

Was I offered the position?? I has LEAD to believe I was. If there was a response to reschedule a 2nd interview that the AOM CANCELLED due to his emergency then I could probably answer this...

Interview Questions

Cortland Response

Jul 5, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Spcialist

Hello, there. We hate to hear that your experience was less than our Cortland best. We’ve worked to get to the bottom of the situation, and although there is no excuse for poor communication, you... More

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cortland in July 2014.

Interview

Hiring process for this company is very detailed. They will send you to an onsite interview with one of their Director's of Operation (also known as a Regional Manager) and if that goes as planned then you will be sent an online assessment to take, if you pass that and fit into their sandbox they will then schedule you to see a Psychologist in person for about 4 hours of your time. If all goes well with this you are likely to have a final interview or two.. Then possibly be asked for references and maybe a job offer. I really do not know because I passed everything up until the final interview after the Psychology analysis.

Interview Questions

• Not really any unexpected questions. They really care about what is on paper and what you have accomplished not what they can train you for or guide you into.   Answer Question

Construction Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cortland (Atlanta, GA) in August 2013.

Interview

Interviewed with 3 executives, they were inquisitive, open and down to earth. They explained what was required and expected within this position as well as gave a briefing on what the company does. The interviewees were professional, relatable and very respectful. I left out of there feeling pleased and excited about working for these individuals.

Interview Questions

• General interview questions pertaining to my job experience and qualifications that I had that would fit the position they were fulfilling.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Cortland.

Interview

Got a initial phone screen then a online test. After that did another phone interview which went well. Waited 2 weeks to hear back then spent the next 3 weeks trying to get some feedback. Never heard from the recruiter again. Reading others feedback it appears this is common.

Interview Questions

Cortland Response

Nov 28, 2017 – Talent Experience Manager

We appreciate your feedback and your interest in interviewing with Cortland Partners. We are working to speed up the interview process, but unfortunately some of our positions require many interviews... More

Anonymous Employee in Smyrna, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cortland (Smyrna, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

One phone screen followed by an in person interview. The interviewers were very friendly and did a great job of making me feel at ease. There was one in person interview after the phone screen and they asked basic personality questions.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cortland.

Interview

So I got the interview by applying online. I got an email and finally scheduled a phone interview...interviewer never called. Called them back and emailed, they never responded. Weird HR department. Once when I called, the interviewer answered, heard me, then hung up.

Jan 17, 2018 – Talent Experience Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We’re sorry that your experience was less than our Cortland best. While we are definitely a busy bunch, we certainly want to take the time to... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cortland (Atlanta, GA) in July 2018.

Interview

I applied online and a recruiter reached out to set up a call. We arranged a time to speak and when it came time for the recruiter to call, I did not receive a call. I called the recruiter and no response. I followed up over email to make sure I got the time/date correct and no response. Overall this felt like an extremely unprofessional way to treat potential candidates. Especially since I took time off from my full-time internship to learn more about the company; overall not very respectful. I would understand if they filled the position or changed their minds, but to not send a quick cancellation email and dodge phone calls is just in poor taste. In the future, the HR team should really rethink how they're engaging with people as it seems I am not the only person to experience this.

Training and Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cortland (Atlanta, GA) in December 2014.

Interview

I had a short phone interview after submitting my resume online. I was then scheduled for a face to face at the office. The woman conducting the face to face was very unprofessional and seemed intimidated by me. She set me up for the next step, which was an online assessment and said I would hear back for the next face to face. I did the assessment and never heard back...even after numerous attempts to email and call.

Interview Questions

• They asked to bring some of my previous work to show. I brought it to the interview and she hardly looked at it.   1 Answer