Cosentino North America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cosentino North America Interview Questions

Updated Jan 24, 2017

2.8

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Cosentino North America in November 2016.

Interview

The entire process took over two months. Started by being contacted by a recruiter, who was very thorough and professional. Then a phone interview was set up with HR, and second with the Regional Manager, a personality test, and a third. The problem is that Cosentino gives absolutley no feedback into their decision making processes. It became obvious that the ONLY person whose opinion mattered were the family members. Even if the hiring manager likes you, the owners will reject your application for whatever choice they have. The hiring manger was actually kept out of the hiring decisions for most of the part.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cosentino North America in September 2016.

Interview

There are too many good or even decent companies hiring to consider Cosentino.

Communication leaves a lot to be desired. Was called by recruiter, then set up to do in person interview. After initial interview was brought back to meet with the Regional Manager. After interview, NOTHING...The only communication was after my repeated attempts to contact recruiter.

If I am going to spend my time interviewing the least you can do is spend 30 seconds to send an email. Shameful.

I get that I wasn't selected, I don't however understand the lack of professionalism.

ALSO
    They offer a single week of vacation in your first year.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cosentino North America (Houston, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

I felt as though I was being interviewed by a child who had little to no experience in the surface industry. Lack of follow up from HR. Did not check references. Was offered a position but far less salary than market would support in other organizations.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I was willing to travel 100% of the time.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Accept offer or not.

Vice President Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Cosentino North America (Houston, TX).

Interview

Process was drive in a logical way major part. Only when arrive to final phase it looks rare for me: Strategy Director is same family person that HR Corporate Director, also IT Manager, also Deputy CEO in Spain,... So, that's crazy ! It is like if no one is good enough around family members. So, good luck. I don't like to work with amateur company with great numbers.

Interview Questions

I don't like to work with amateur company with great numbers. If you are not a family member or a close friend, they used you sometime and that's all. Take care !

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cosentino North America.

Interview

Phone interview was very detailed about certain rules that applied and very demanding on knowing everything required out in the field. The in person interview started about 45 mins late with no apologies and people kept going in and out. Next was the personality test. Last was the phone interview with the Spain office and they missed the interview twice before contacting me the third time only to do a 5-7 min interview where I could barley understand over the heavy accent.

Interview Questions

• The stupid test that they make you take that is of British standard. You are than either accepted or declined based on this inaccurate personality test.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. It was take it or leave it

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Cosentino North America (Atlanta, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

I had several phone interviews, most were scheduled, although a few times I would get a call from someone in the company who initiated a phone conversation with no notice. So essentially I wound up on an interview call that I had not planned for.

Interview Questions

• This position would have required me to move to a new market, so I was asked how I would develop leads/network in the market.   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cosentino North America.

Interview

I was contacted by Stephanie Hebert. for an op pen account manager position. I set up phone interview with her but she never called me on the day we where supposed to talk so I emailed her to set up another time for the interview, she never responded. I decided to call and she said that she was going to call me the next day Well she never did. I decided to email her one more time and I haven't heard from her since. Worst experience I ever had dealing with HR recruiter

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cosentino North America (Miami, FL) in January 2014.

Interview

Their interview process was short and brief first I interviewed with the operations manager and then The general manager then did a phone interview maybe two days later with someone from corporate in Texas

Compliance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cosentino North America (Houston, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

I interviewed in several stages. First, answering some emails with the HR Director and his Team. Then I came in for an office interview, where I met with the HR Director in person and several employees. Then i had a final interview with my potential supervisor. They asked several questions about my work experience and what talents I could bring to the company.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cosentino North America (Kansas City, KS) in January 2013.

Interview

Process was long. Took over a month. I had three phone interviews, two were bogus and unnecessary.This company is very insecure about their decision and character judgement abilities. They asked me what I thought about being micro managed. Then they denied that they micro managed their people. I was also asked my age, which is illegal. I now wish I wouldn't have accepted the position.

Interview Questions

• are you familiar with Sales Force   1 Answer

Cosentino North America Response

Jul 15, 2016 – Corporate Representative

Cosentino is an equal opportunity employer and follows all legal standards with regard to the interview and selection process. We value the diversity of our employees! We are continuously looking ... More