Cosentino North America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 8, 2017

2.7

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cosentino North America (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

The entire process took about 3 weeks. Very professional and organized. First a phone screening, second was an in person interview, third and fourth over Skype, one of which was with leadership abroad. Questions were basic and mostly spoke about previous experience. Really had a great experience and I think I would have loved joining Cosentino based on questions about the company and culture that I asked during my interviews. I was blessed to receive two good offers at the same time but decided to go with the one closest to home.

Interview Questions

Cosentino North America Response

Jun 23, 2017 – Company Representative

Thank your for your interest in Cosentino and we wish time of success in your future endeavors.

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Cosentino North America in November 2016.

Interview

The entire process took over two months. Started by being contacted by a recruiter, who was very thorough and professional. Then a phone interview was set up with HR, and second with the Regional Manager, a personality test, and a third. The problem is that Cosentino gives absolutley no feedback into their decision making processes. It became obvious that the ONLY person whose opinion mattered were the family members. Even if the hiring manager likes you, the owners will reject your application for whatever choice they have. The hiring manger was actually kept out of the hiring decisions for most of the part.

Interview Questions

Cosentino North America Response

Feb 24, 2017 – Company Representative

We appreciate you being candid with your feedback, and thank you for the time you took in considering Cosentino.
    Cosentino continuously strives to improve our Talent Acquisition process. We take... More

Anonymous Employee in Canton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cosentino North America (Canton, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

While working with Corporate HR there are several levels of interviews that moved rather fast. There were a total of 5 interviews in 2 weeks and discussions with HR in between each level.

Interview Questions

Cosentino North America Response

Mar 31, 2017 – Company Representative

Thank you for embodying the Cosentino DNA and for being a part of the Cosentino family!

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cosentino North America in September 2016.

Interview

There are too many good or even decent companies hiring to consider Cosentino.

Communication leaves a lot to be desired. Was called by recruiter, then set up to do in person interview. After initial interview was brought back to meet with the Regional Manager. After interview, NOTHING...The only communication was after my repeated attempts to contact recruiter.

If I am going to spend my time interviewing the least you can do is spend 30 seconds to send an email. Shameful.

I get that I wasn't selected, I don't however understand the lack of professionalism.

ALSO
    They offer a single week of vacation in your first year.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cosentino North America (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2016.

Interview

I had 4 phone calls starting with regional manager and then acquisition, then HR and finally a skype with a division head. Typically it ends with a meeting with GM of the branch.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle product objections about cost or aesthetics?   1 Answer

Mar 31, 2017 – Company Representative

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cosentino North America (Houston, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

I felt as though I was being interviewed by a child who had little to no experience in the surface industry. Lack of follow up from HR. Did not check references. Was offered a position but far less salary than market would support in other organizations.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I was willing to travel 100% of the time.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Accept offer or not.

Vice President Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Cosentino North America (Houston, TX).

Interview

Process was drive in a logical way major part. Only when arrive to final phase it looks rare for me: Strategy Director is same family person that HR Corporate Director, also IT Manager, also Deputy CEO in Spain,... So, that's crazy ! It is like if no one is good enough around family members. So, good luck. I don't like to work with amateur company with great numbers.

Interview Questions

I don't like to work with amateur company with great numbers. If you are not a family member or a close friend, they used you sometime and that's all. Take care !

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cosentino North America.

Interview

Phone interview was very detailed about certain rules that applied and very demanding on knowing everything required out in the field. The in person interview started about 45 mins late with no apologies and people kept going in and out. Next was the personality test. Last was the phone interview with the Spain office and they missed the interview twice before contacting me the third time only to do a 5-7 min interview where I could barley understand over the heavy accent.

Interview Questions

• The stupid test that they make you take that is of British standard. You are than either accepted or declined based on this inaccurate personality test.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. It was take it or leave it

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Cosentino North America (Atlanta, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

I had several phone interviews, most were scheduled, although a few times I would get a call from someone in the company who initiated a phone conversation with no notice. So essentially I wound up on an interview call that I had not planned for.

Interview Questions

• This position would have required me to move to a new market, so I was asked how I would develop leads/network in the market.   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cosentino North America.

Interview

I was contacted by Stephanie Hebert. for an op pen account manager position. I set up phone interview with her but she never called me on the day we where supposed to talk so I emailed her to set up another time for the interview, she never responded. I decided to call and she said that she was going to call me the next day Well she never did. I decided to email her one more time and I haven't heard from her since. Worst experience I ever had dealing with HR recruiter