Cottingham & Butler Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 2, 2017

2.9

Network Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubuque, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Cottingham & Butler (Dubuque, IA) in March 2017.

Interview

First had to take a Wonderlic online assessment. Next week I had a short phone screening with a human resource recruiter. The next week I meet with the director of the IT department. Two weeks later I meet with the lead developer. It's been some time and I haven't heard anything back.

Interview Questions

• Typical personality questions and troubleshooting questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cottingham & Butler (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2017.

Interview

3 part interview process. The first part consisted of a basic personality test. Second Part consisted of a basic screening conversation with a member of the HR department. Last Part consisted of a skype interview with a regional manager.

Interview Questions

• All questions were behavioral based
      - How do you work in teams
      -Describe yourself in one word
      -What is your favorite tv show
      -What are you motivated by
      -What do you consider fun   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dubuque, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cottingham & Butler (Dubuque, IA) in April 2016.

Interview

Take online DISC personality test. Phone interview with HR Talent Acquisition. Take Wonderlic assessment. In person conversation with HR. In person interview w/ 3 different interviews and a job shadow. Heard back from VP of dept. I interviewed with about 2 weeks later offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• Lots of psychological questions. What are 3 things you are afraid of? Do you believe in luck? What is your largest success? How do you define success? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Why would you be good for this position? etc.   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubuque, IA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cottingham & Butler (Dubuque, IA) in July 2015.

Interview

It was very intimidating meeting with multiple department heads. The timing of setting up the actual interview took quite some time as well as hearing back either way after the actual process.

Account Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dubuque, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cottingham & Butler (Dubuque, IA) in June 2015.

Interview

Took less than 2 hours to respond from when I applied. Took 1 day to have a phone interview and then another week or two depending on availability for in person interview.First Interview was done over the phone by a Human Resoruce recruiter. Second was an in person interview with the vice president of the department, then the department head. If that department head did not hire you, you would then interview with other department heads. Very quick and efficient however, compared to other companies.

Interview Questions

• Why would did you apply for this company? What makes you want to work here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not really up for negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Dubuque, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cottingham & Butler (Dubuque, IA) in January 2015.

Interview

Intense.
    Personality and IQ Tests
    Phone Interview
    Sales Benefit Dinner (Social Test)
    First Round Interview
    2nd round interview > 4 hours worth with top people of the company

There's a lot of step through in order to get an offer at Cottingham & Butler.

Interview Questions

• What do an elephant and a bee have in common?   1 Answer

Safety Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubuque, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cottingham & Butler (Dubuque, IA) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online through their website. I had two phone interviews and then they had me come to their office in Dubuque, IA. I was already nearby when I received a phone call moving the interview back one day. They had me complete some testing and also write a sample report. (First time in my career this has happened). Very pleasant staff and very professional. They made an offer but well below what I was looking for (average salary is nearly $15,000 above where I live) and they require a "non-compete" to be signed. I waited nearly 3 weeks after the Dubuque, IA interview. No offer for expenses to travel to Dubuque, IA. This was a position I was very interested in, I did get the feeling that I would spend more time outside of my normal working times working on reports.

Interview Questions

• They mainly focused on my experience and how to handle training, inspections, and reports.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubuque, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cottingham & Butler (Dubuque, IA) in June 2014.

Interview

The company is not very good about setting the expectations of the interview process or letting you know the status. The interview process is long and drawn out and you must be very good about following up constantly for updates. The interview itself was not difficult, but feels like a waste of time.

Anonymous Employee in Dubuque, IA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cottingham & Butler (Dubuque, IA) in March 2014.

Interview

Very professional organization.Blown away by the growth and ability to earn great money. I would recommend this organization to anyone looking for a great future in the Dubuque area. I interviewed all over, but nothing compares to C&B.

Multiple Positions Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dubuque, IA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cottingham & Butler (Dubuque, IA) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview process was long and painstaking. It took several months from start to finish and included multiple in-person interviews with several people at a time. It started with a phone interview, then in-person (including taking Wonderlic and DISC assessments), followed by group interview with several managers.