CounterPath Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CounterPath Corporation Interview Questions

Interviews at CounterPath Corporation

2.9

QA Lead Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CounterPath Corporation in April 2014.

Interview

I was originally seeked out by a recruiting company from outside counterpath, however, counterpath was good about gathering more information from me if needed. Once the recruiter made her thorough pass with me via email and a phone screen, she set up a phone screen with the hiring manager. As the phone screen with the hiring manager was coming to a close, he mentioned he would be at the local location for the day (in a few days) and if we could meet then. The in person was uneventful - meet the team, discuss the product(s) and the role to be filled to include skill set matches.

Interview Questions

• After the in person interview, was asked to provide a test plan based on requirements provided.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at CounterPath Corporation in June 2016.

Interview

One interview, fairly simple. Lasted no longer than 30 minutes, talked about highly technical stuff. Most of the interview was fine, no surprises or mishaps from both sides. Offered job in a week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you worked on so far?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Non-negotiable

IT Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CounterPath Corporation (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in April 2013.

Interview

I applied through my college's co-op office. I had a 1 on 1 interview with the IT manager for about thirty to forty minutes. He asked technical and behavioural type questions.

Marketing Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CounterPath Corporation in April 2012.

Interview

I traveled for this interview, and it was a "soft" conversational interview for a contract position. It lasted a little less than an hour, after which they said they really liked me and would prepare a contract for me to look over. I was a little surprised they didn't already have the details worked out yet.

Long story short, I never heard from them again. I would bug them by e-mail, they would say something is in the works... rinse, repeat. I eventually stopped bugging them.

In my opinion, it was a really crappy thing to do to a young professional on the job hunt.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CounterPath Corporation in June 2018.

Interview

- screening call with HR
    - abrupt interview
    - I read a lot of bad reviews about this company so was not surprised by uncomfortable phone interview
    - they pay commissions every 3 months

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply if you have no experience selling into call centres?   1 Answer

Co-Op Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at CounterPath Corporation (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

Went into their downtown office and sat with the team for about an hour. Later did a video interview the next week which required solving of a coding problem.

Interview Questions

• What strategies would you use to improve teamwork in a group that is low on morale   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CounterPath Corporation.

Interview

Past QA experiences and knowledge of Desktop and Mobile platform.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

slight, but not too much room for negotiation

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CounterPath Corporation (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online and there where two rounds of interview. Both rounds were over the phone with IT Director for about thirty to forty minutes. I was asked technical and behavioral type questions and was offered job but salary was about 15-20K under market. More over I was told there is no IT people working and If I took the offer I would be entirely responsible for the IT at that location. When I asked if there is any flexibility in that number I was told that they will get back to me by the end of the day. Finally after 2 days received a unpleasant and unprofessional email saying they won’t budge with the offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      What is DHCP and DNS
      Do you know Linux and what do know?
      How to upgrade server 2008 to 2012
      Questions on VMware vSphere   Answer Question

Pay offered to me was 15-20K under market for this position. They didn't want to negotiate the salary.

Junior Build/Branding Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CounterPath Corporation (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in April 2013.

Interview

The 1st round interview was on-site. The person who scheduled interview told me the guy I would be meeting was the hiring manager, but when I got there and waited for 40 mins after the scheduled time, I found the guy's real title was director of engineering....So I got a lot of unexpected questions regarding to technical things since I only prepared several behaviour questions....The interview last around 1.5 hour and basically covered all things included general trouble-shooting on computer hardware, basic programming algorithm, brain teaser, network protocol. I didn't do well since that was my second interview in that afternoon, my brain was slow and obviously I didn't prepare well due to the incorrect info from the interview scheduler.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you found your computer is super slow when building softwares?   Answer Question
    • Given two coconuts and a 20-floor building, how do you efficiently find from which floor if you throw the coconut , it will be broken?   1 Answer
    • state an algorithm to reverse the order of the words in a given string.   Answer Question
    • Tell me what happens after you enter a URL in your browser and hit "enter"   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CounterPath Corporation (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by a project manager, senior developer and a co-op student. Mainly talked about my previous experiences and projects. I had a chance to talk with the co-op student to learn more about the job I might do in the work.