Countrywide Home Loans Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Countrywide Home Loans Interview Questions

2.6

Technical Manager Interview

Interview

not organized in the questions. had old math questions regarding time and distance. there were 3 managers interviewing and each repeated what the other said Same with the questions but reworded

Loan Closer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Countrywide Home Loans (Charlotte, NC) in March 2013.

Interview

It was very thorough and enlightening, She listed all the benefits to being employed with Countrywide and went over my experience in the mortgage industry. I started as a Closer and was promoted to Underwriter with two years. Great Company!

Interview Questions

• What are your expectations for this job?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Countrywide Home Loans (Spokane, WA).

Interview

I applied for the position after hearing about it through a friend. The new Branch Manager called me, we talked for a while on the phone and he said he would get back with me. A couple of days later, he called me and wanted me to come in immediately for a one on one interview. I was in jeans, dealing with a horse, he said "that's fine"...so I went. He called the Regional Manager while I was there...I joked around with him...they offered me the position then and there.

Interview Questions

• Would I be willing to fly to California for a week of training...I wasn't too excited about this, but agreed to it upon being hired.   1 Answer

Negotiation

All new employees of this division of Countrywide, selling loans were Account Executives, and the base pay was the same for everyone. After 3 months, you were paid commission on the loans closed. The rate was very specific and the same for everyone.

Cash Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Countrywide Home Loans (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

Ask questions about education and job history. The interviewer was very nice and talk a lot about the position and what are the expectations and career path. In addition to questions, I had a lot of time to ask questions back. Make sure you do a lot of background on the company. The overall experience of the interview was very quick.

Senior Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calabasas, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Countrywide Home Loans (Calabasas, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

Be prepared to provide work experience examples and be able to discuss your contributions in your current role.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had an issue with management and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Countrywide Home Loans in January 2011.

Interview

This was a standard in person interview with a member of the human resources department. No hard questions were asked, only basic history and my resume were discussed. The job was offered to me a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your previous work experience   1 Answer

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Agoura Hills, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Countrywide Home Loans (Agoura Hills, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

Discussed current skills and ambitions

Customer Service Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Countrywide Home Loans (Fort Worth, TX) in June 2009.

Interview

I had a panel interview, consisting of six managers and one HR representative. Overall the interview comprised of behavioral questions with a few management questions thrown in there.

Interview Questions

• Have you delt with a difficult customer before? If so how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Risk Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calabasas, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Countrywide Home Loans (Calabasas, CA) in February 2009.

Interview

The interview at Countrywide in Calabassas, CA started out with a phone interview with anHR rep. After 3 days I was called back by what I thought was the hiring manager. She was very polite and I made sure that the position was an excellent fit for both of us before flying out to Calabassas for an interview. The next stage was a multi person interview process 1:1 with three different people including the hiring manager I spoke to on the phone. The process started out 30 minutes late. The hiring manager was still very polite and I could tell that she was very smart and talented. We had a good interaction at this point and it would have been great if it stopped with her. The next interview was with her director and all I can say is that the true nature and morale of the department came through after this point on. The director's office was a mess with reports piled up all over the place and a stack on the conference table, so no place to sit. He was more concerned with finding a replacement for himself, so that he could move up into the Bank of America senior executive staff . "He should look at the hiring manager because he relies on her for everything, but did not seem willing to promote her." He stated how the previous executives all got rich and did not listen to his risk management presentations. Detected a huge amount of resentment here. First sign of trouble, next was the co-worker who stated that the director is only concerned about getting to know the new BofA management team. The co-worker stated he was tired of pushing out SAS code all day long and that he did not have the time to train anyone because his position was mission critical. He was pleased with himself because he was able to get out of BofA training due to this reason. News flash "He is replaceable, but doesn't realized it." The company even stuck me with a car rental. It was a waste of time and two long 3 hour flights. I'd love to live in Calabassas, CA, but not at the cost of working there.

Interview Questions

• What amount of SAS experience do you have?   1 Answer

Home Loan Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Rafael, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Countrywide Home Loans (San Rafael, CA) in October 2008.

Interview

I was called by the recruiter at my office saying that she heard I was very good at my job and was looking to move to more efficient company. She wanted to set up an appt with a local area sales manager to see if it would be a good fit. About three days later I was called to schedule a lunch interview with the manager. The manager was familiar with me since she had shopped me a few months ago pretending to look for a loan. I came prepared with my stack ranking within the company, proof of my sales record, and questions I had for her regarding compensation. I was made an offer a few days later and I had 24hours to accept or decline the offer. I didn't have to meet with anyone else above my area sales manager. As a commisson only sales person, its easy to interview and decide right away if you want to job or not. If you agree with the compensation plan and feel that your direct manager is supportive and can help you be successful its a good deal. If you don't like the comp plan why take the job? The office is very efficient, people are very resourceful and knowledgable. It was an easy transition.

Interview Questions

• How do you plan to get new business in a declining housing market?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Easy. I was able to negotiate a temporary increase in commission plan for 6 months and a sign on guarantee for moving over to Countrywide. I showed the manager my sales history and we worked out a deal within 24hours.