Cover image for Coupang

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Coupang Interview Questions

Updated Nov 16, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 131 of over 131 interviews

Recruiter32%
Employee Referral11%
HardAverageEasy

Coupang

Application

I interviewed at Coupang

Interview

Hiring manager interview followed by four rounds of interviews. Good balance of technical understanding, product knowledge, program and project management questions. Interviewers are nice and try to put you at ease through the process.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about you program, the risks and issues you faced.
    Answer Question

Coupang

Application

I interviewed at Coupang

Interview

resume screening, OA and interviews with software engineers and hiring managers. Got a result few days later after the interview. This process is not for this year and last year process

Interview Questions
  • Algorithm problems and resume detail. (cannot mention specific problems)

Coupang

Application

I interviewed at Coupang

Interview

3 interviews, very warm yet quite hard to get through with challenging questions about market trend, previous experience (good things / bad things done), vision, point of view on Coupang and competitors, etc.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Coupang

Application

I interviewed at Coupang

Interview

I first applied to the company with required information and documents. Then I got an acceptance mail and an interview scheduled. I had one-to-one technical interview with the future supervisor. I got accepted to the company.

Interview Questions
  • The interviewer asked about my graduation project and methods used in the project.

Coupang

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Coupang in Oct 2022

Interview

At first there was a live coding session. After passing there were final 4 rounds. 2 coding, 1 system design and 1 leadership principle based. Typical FAANG interview process I would say.

Interview Questions
  • For coding: Leetcode medium level questions. System design: Design an online hotel booking platform

Coupang

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Coupang

Interview

Had an initial phone screen. The first impression was impressive in multiple aspects and it may shows a glimpse of the company culture (1) as soon as we started zoom call, the recruiter received a phone call and put me in a hold. Definitely the candidate is a second priority. (2) Zoom call, the recruiter did not turn on the video throughout while I was on video. Again, there is a serious cultural deficiencies in how to treat candidates (3) I asked about company value - the answer was customer centric - the way the recruiter treated the candidates did not reflect customer centric. Then said it is depending on departments - are you saying different departmental culture is the company culture? then said a lot of managers "foreigners" so they are different - instead of describing specific value, this implies more generalization approach of all "foreign leaders" are operating a certain way. It is just inappropriate answers

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Coupang

Application

I interviewed at Coupang

Interview

First step: Application through career web site. Second step: Phone Interview Thrid step: Interview via Zoom (One-day interview, with three interviewers, took about 1 hour for each interview) Last step: Offer negotiation

Interview Questions
  • Which Leadership principle do you think most important for your position? What did you do at your previous company? Why do you want to move the company?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Coupang (Seoul) in Jul 2022

Interview

Application review - Telephone interview - Video interview - Final acceptance announcement I got a phone call from a recruiter after 2-3 hours I had applied for this position. She asked me if it's possible to schedule the interview very next day. The next step(telephone interview) took like more than 10 min, and she kindly asked me some questions during the interview.

Interview Questions
  • Q1: Please introduce yourself Q2: What was the most challenging thing in your last company? Q3: What did you do in your last company? Q4: Here's the case. We need to employ a staff asap, but only a few of people have applied for this position. In this situation, what would you do as a recruiting assistant?

Coupang

Application

I interviewed at Coupang

Interview

There are two many interviews for similar questions. Also, the process was a bit confusing. HR could coordinate the process better. I was not sure who was the main contact person from HR.

Interview Questions
  • They asked me to provide an example where I used one of the Coupang's Leadership Principles in my work experience.

Coupang

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Coupang

Interview

The hiring process was very smooth, you first talk to the recruiter and then the hiring manager followed by multiple stakeholder meetings in the business and your team as well.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a challenging project/situation you handled recently and walk me through how you overcame this challenge.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 131 Interviews