Coursera Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Coursera

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Operations Interview

Interview

Connected with a recruiter first who did a brief phone screen with standard interview questions (why this role, tell me about your past experience). Moved on to a phone screen with the hiring manager with additional standard interview questions (why this role / why this team / why this company, give a few examples of relevant work experience). Proceeded to an in-person interview panel with five 30-minute interviews, which ranged in topic level and difficulty. The interview questions were largely specific to the role, including giving past examples of relevant work/projects and doing a few thought exercises. I went back for a second round of in-person interviews with two higher-level people at the company; these questions were more general.

Heard back about the role and received an offer within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• How does this role fit into your career goals and aspirations?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Coursera (San Jose, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

I applied for Coursera 1 month before I got the interview. In this interview, I was asked to finish two coding challenges in 60 min. I only finished one of the challenges.

Interview Questions

• There are N songs to create a list of length L.( L is greater than N. )When a song has played, there have to be K songs before it can be repeated. The question is how many lists can be created. The answer should be the mod of 10^9 + 7   Answer Question
    • There are N numbers in an array. Each move can choose (N - 1) of the numbers to plus one. How many moves does it take to make them all equal?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Coursera.

Interview

It was good, 45 minutes to answer a two-part question. They didn't really help but they were friendly at least. We went directly to the questions, so make sure to prepare

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Coursera.

Interview

Online exam and that was it. There was really no preparation instructions and it was a typical algorithm-based coding exam. There was no personal interaction with anyone from the company.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Technical manager reached out promptly. Gave me a technical exercise to complete and helped me along the way. Very courteous and direct. I'd highly recommend Coursera for its mission and culture.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Coursera.

Interview

Just an online assignment, the first question is pretty normal, the second question is a little bit too long and not clear that even after the interview I have to take more that 10 mins to repeat it.

Interview Questions

• A normal DP question, based on the edit distance between two words, give the edit distance.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Coursera in August 2017.

Interview

I got the phone interview, it is the question about decoding JSON to String and then encoding String to JSON back.
    Steps:
    1. Self introduction
    2. Most challenge project
    3. Coding question
    4. Question for Coursera

Interview Questions

• 1. JSON to String
      2. String to JSON   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Coursera (Mountain View, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Contacted by the recruiter on a third party site. Did an onsite shortly after. The onsite is par for the course for technical onsites. Questions included CS fundamentals (write an algorithm to...), coding question on whiteboard (how would you implement X of this library), an architecture design question (how would you build an API for...), as well as a behavioral/team-fit interview.

Engineers were cordial and enthusiastic about their product and impact. Questions were balanced and interviewers were fair.

Interview Questions

• Given a library function X, please implement it. What advantages does this library function provide versus this other method? What are some runtime concerns of your implementation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Coursera (Mountain View, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

My interview experience with Coursera was outstanding! First, I had a phone interview with a recruiter, then a phone screen with the team manager. After that, I was invited to come to an onsite interview. The onsite interview consists of 2-hour onsite coding exercise where you bring your own laptop with dev environment, single "algorithms" round, "architecture" round and 2 "behavioral" rounds with managers/exec team. You might have to lead the conversation during behavioral rounds, which can be good, just prepare your questions. My recruiter was very helpful and responsive during all stages of the interview process.
    Everyone was super friendly, personal, positive and excited about the company. I felt very welcomed. Great engineers and very smart people!

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite course on Coursera? Why?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Coursera (Mountain View, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied with an employ referral. A 30 minute phone screen a couple of days later. Talked about the company and why I was interested and what they were doing . Then got an email for a 7 Day coding Challenge. That went well I was asked to do a on-site.

Interview Questions

• parentheses algorithm, event delegation and framework specific questions   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Coursera in April 2016.

Interview

Connected by the recruiter and the phone technical interview was then setup in a week. The interviewer went over some insight about the company and continue with technical questions. Got the feedback after a week saying they considered not to move on. The overall process was normal but could have move a bit faster.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions regarding serialization and deserialization.   Answer Question