Cover image for Coursera

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Coursera Interview Questions

Updated Dec 5, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 348 of over 348 interviews

Employee Referral12%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

Coursera

Application

I interviewed at Coursera

Interview

Great! The recruiter was really helpful in trying to set me up well for the first interview with the hiring manager. The interview with the hiring manager went well. Though I did not get an offer, they offered feedback for why I did not get the role.

Interview Questions
  • They were interested in my knowledge of A/B testing and machine learning.
    Answer Question

Coursera

Application

I interviewed at Coursera

Interview

Reached out by a recruiter, said that there would be an oa. I filled in the survey but I didn't get the oa. I think maybe they had a lot of candidates

Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about Coursera

Join the conversation on

Consulting

6h

works at

Deloitte

I'm very interested in PwC's Data, Analytics & AI consulting practice. I currently work at Deloitte in Audit and I am pursuing data analytics-related certificates on Coursera. Due to the type of work I do, I don't have project experiences, but I have trainings on Python, SQL, and PowerBI. Moreover, as I'm an audit senior, I have project management experience. I tried to apply to jobs at PwC but landing no results. I wonder if anyone at PwC is interested to connect/offer a referral? PwC

11 Comments

Teachers

202.2K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/teachers/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Employer-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Coursera~654749
Join the conversation on

Coursera

Application

I interviewed at Coursera

Interview

Overall it was good experience, interviews were based on case scenarios and going through different posibilites and solutions with the hiring manager. The only thing was that the process was a little confusing during the coordination of interviews, there was some miscommunication between the recruiting and hiring teams.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Coursera

Application

I interviewed at Coursera

Interview

Comprehensive, talk to several different PMs and directors. Most interviews are a combination of behavioral and case based questions. Be ready to speak to product-market fit, how to scale products, working with customers and influencing cross functional stakeholders

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cumming, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Coursera (Cumming, GA)

Interview

Talked to a recruiter first for technical background screen. Then a 1 hour “code up a solution to this problem” - passed that; then scheduled for 6 hours of back to back interviews with a 45 minute break in the middle. One of the interviews was another technical online coding problem but I wasn’t told that until we had talked for 20 minutes so I didn’t have enough time to solve the problem. After the last interview I was told that someone would be in touch for a follow up. Follow up call never came. No follow up email either. I emailed multiple times to find out a status and was completely ghosted.

Interview Questions
  • Vanilla JavaScript / HTML / CSS questions. Do your hackerrank.

Coursera

Application

I interviewed at Coursera

Interview

Recebi uma bolsa deles por sorteio e foi bem preparado e algo incrivel, totalmente transparente e rápido, acabou me ajudando muito a conseguir melhorar minhas habilidades, posso aproveitar até hoje tudo que me foi passado

Interview Questions
  • Escolaridade, nome, idade e demais perguntas similares a do IBGE, acabou sendo sorteio no fim das contas e fluiu bem

Coursera

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Coursera

Interview

There were no hiccups during this interview at all. Three rounds total: one over the phone, one technical, and one with the management. The interviewers are knowledgeable and attentive to your needs. In most cases, it's a very joyful experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Coursera

Application

I interviewed at Coursera

Interview

Straightforward and well communicated. Multiple steps over a period of months. Included questions with multiple stakeholder and a final role play scenario. Spoke with potential line manager and with some higher up in the company as well.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Coursera

Application

I interviewed at Coursera

Interview

Friendly and understanding recruiter and interviewer. Were open to questions and answered as honestly as possible it seemed, giving good feedback on what they were looking for. Seems like a fast paced environment so I appreciated that.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Coursera

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Coursera

Interview

Three rounds of 30 min meetings. First phone screening with recruiter, then manager, and the last one with a peer. The whole process was completed over the course of three weeks.

Interview Questions
  • Q: How would you handle communication with sensitive information?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 348 Interviews

Coursera Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Coursera as 49.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.96 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Software Engineer and Data Scientist rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Entry Level Software Engineer and Software Engineer(Internship) roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Coursera takes an average of 22 days when considering 280 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Software Engineer(Internship) had the quickest hiring process (on average 11 days), whereas Entry Level Software Engineer roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 33 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Coursera according to 280 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 35.70%

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Coursera? Share Your Experiences

Coursera Careers

Cover image for Coursera

We believe learning is the source of human progress, so our teams work together—and with the best institutions—to bring affordable...More

• Benefits and perks

Company Updates

661 days ago

Company News
We’re excited to welcome Howard University, a historically Black college and university with a distinguished legacy to the Coursera platform! Read the announcement from Coursera's Chief Content Officer, Betty Vandenbosch, to learn about the courses Howard will be launching on our platform later this year.
Shared image - Coursera partners with Howard University, expands social justice content, and collaborates with Facebook to offer scholarships to Black learners | Coursera Blog
glassdoor.com

673 days ago

Company News
We believe that learning is the source of human progress, and that Coursera and our community can play a vital role in rebuilding a more inclusive and sustainable economy. That’s why we’re proud to announce that Coursera has received B Corp Certification from B Lab, an independent non-profit organization, for meeting rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. We’ve also modified our corporate charter to become a Public Benefit Corporation. This means we now have a duty not only to our shareholders, but to also make a positive impact on society more broadly as we continue our efforts to reduce barriers to world-class education.
Shared image - Coursera Receives B Corp™ Certification | Coursera Blog
Coursera Receives B Corp™ Certification | Coursera Blog
glassdoor.com

Coursera Photos

+ Add Photo
Coursera photo of: Shantelle works with universities to bring courses and degrees to millions of learners
Coursera photo of: In the Toronto office
Coursera photo of: In conversation with Kim Caldbeck, CMO, during Make-a-thon in April 2018
Coursera photo of: Twice-a-year Make-a-thon weeks include dedicated time to work on big ideas, social events hosted by Courserians, and surprise treats throughout the day.
Coursera photo of: Jason, Corporate Strategy Manager, hosts a joke-writing workshop for colleagues during a recent Make-a-thon
Coursera photo of: Rob and Alex demonstrate a fun way to have a quick stand-up meeting
Coursera photo of: Join Coursera to become part of an awesome community that's committed to serving the world — and one another

Expert Career Advice