Cox Automotive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Scrum Master Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sandy, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Automotive (Sandy, UT) in November 2017.

Interview

Lengthy amount of time carved out (6 hours) to be interviewed by a panel of people within various departments. Overall, was interesting, and an offer was extended in 2 weeks time.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a scrum master and a product owner   2 Answers

Performance Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cox Automotive (Chicago, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

Long and multiple steps. You have multiple meetings with multiple people. They ask you questions about hypothetical situations. Be ready to describe yourself using pronouns. It isn’t easy but if you’re truthful they will be able to tell if you are a right fit.

Interview Questions

• What is better, collaboration or winning   1 Answer

Associate Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cox Automotive (Atlanta, GA) in December 2015.

Interview

Process what pretty normal, called by recruiter, interviewed with Manager and then Director and SVP. The process was average as far as set up and execution. Everyone I met was very nice and helpful with the process.

Interview Questions

• situational interview questions held by all. Similar if not the same questons   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cox Automotive in July 2018.

Interview

Applied online for the position and got a hacker rank challenge. After this was contacted by the HR to schedule an interview with the manager of the team to discuss the position and career interests. Had a 30 mins conversation discussing the resume and experience with the manager. But did get any response from HR even after several follow ups.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cox Automotive.

Interview

I submitted an online application and the recruiter called and left a voice message only a few days later.

I returned the call to express interest in learning more and the recruiter immediately jumped into (dis)qualifying technical interview-type questions.

Although caught off guard I feel as the though the interview was fair.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Automotive (Irvine, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied through college career fair. I had two rounds of phone interview.

First Round (around 30 min):

This was an introductory call wherein the HR lady asked me to introduce myself and then told me about the company, role and their products. At the end of the call she found my skills well aligned to the job profile and hence asked to schedule a second round on interview.

Second Round(1:30 hr):

This was with 3 team leads from different domains. They asked me wide range of questions ranging from OS concepts, basic Algorithms and data structures, Big data concepts, Java questions, object oriented scenario based questions, SQL. There was also a significant discussion on my resume and the projects that I have done.

All in all, the second round was a bit unorganized. They were randomly asking me questions and they seem to be unprepared. The interview went very well, I answered most of the questions but didn't her back at all.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Automotive (Atlanta, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

Cox Automotive treated their potential employees more like livestock than valuable candidates. They invited me, along with around 200 other candidates, to a "Blitz Day," where they forced us to wait in line for hours for a "pre-screen" resume review, all while filling the roles and announcing periodically for people to leave if they were there for X position. The least they could have done is said "thanks for your time." No formal rejection, nothing. Just leave, the position is filled, regardless of the fact that more than half the people hadn't even been interviewed. This is extremely disrespectful to the candidates involved, who spent literal hours waiting in line in this crap-show of an interview process.

Interview Questions

• We filled the position you applied for, do you want to check out our (other not related position)?   2 Answers

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cox Automotive (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

Was relaxed not overly complicated. A recruiter contacted me about the software engineer in test position that was needed to be filled quickly. They then asked initial skills screening questions then an in-person interview with a panel.

Interview Questions

• Do you like working in a team?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cox Automotive (Atlanta, GA) in September 2018.

Interview

I had a great interview with Cox. They were professional and yet personable. The manager detailed the position very well. They took a short time to decide on the person they wanted to hire.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Automotive (Atlanta, GA) in January 2018.

Interview

The hiring process was pretty normal. Phone interview then a month later got invited to a face to face after the face to face with 2 managers. There was a interview with the director.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cox Automotive (Pensacola, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

I was called by two different recruiters for the position. The position was located in there Pensacola office. I currently live in a different state and wanted to move to the area and found a job that I would be qualified for. I received a phone call from recruiter one and let him know I lived out of state and would need a two day notice if I needed to travel to the area to do a face to face interview. He said that would be fine and I would be moved on to the next step in the application progress. I then got a call from recruiter two a day or so later asking if I could interview the following day because the hiring manager was doing interviews that Thursday and Friday. I advised her that I spoke with recruiter one and advised that I would need a two day notice. recruiter two then advised me that she would get in contact with the hiring manager to see if there was anyway that I could do a telephone interview instead she asked me what day and time would be best for me to have the interview. I advised that Tuesday at eleven would be a great time to have it. She confirmed the time and everything with me and then sent an email to confirm the date and time of the interview. The day of the interview arrives and I have prepared very well for the interview. The time of eleven central time arrives, I wait and get ready for the call in a quiet place with no distractions. I wait for approximately 20 mins, just to see if they had any phone issues or anything like that. After the 20 min wait I call recruiter two back to advise that the hiring manager did not call for our scheduled interview, mark you she sounded like I was bothering her. She advised that she would call me back once she got in contact with the hiring manager to see what might have taken so long or what was going on. I waited about 2 hours and then received an email from them that I was no longer in the running for the position. I was mostly upset that they didn't have t he decency to call me and tell me that they had found another candidate. About 30 mins after receiving the email I get a call from the recruiter saying the hiring manager apologizes for the mix up and he would like to schedule the interview for the following day at eleven. I advise that is okay and that I will be available for the interview. In the back of my mind I am already saying to myself they have already found there candidate and are just interviewing me so that I cant sue the heck out of them. I get the interview and I think the interview goes well, but as I said before I knew it was just a formality so that I wouldn't h ave any bad press to say about them as a company. I finish the interview and the hiring manager advises that he will make his decision by the next day which should have been another red flag for me. I say thank you for the interview and go about my business. I go home and send a thank you letter and everything because that is just how things are done in the interview world. I get a call today at about 2:30 from recruiter one advising me that he just received an email from the hiring manager and unfortunately I was not going to be moving along with the hiring process, since I had already known that I was not very surprised so I said a happy thank you for the opportunity, he then advised that he would keep me in mind for a future opportunity.

Moral of the story is they are a good company to work for from what I hear but stuff like this turns people off