Cox Media Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cox Media Group Interview Questions

Interviews at Cox Media Group

2.6

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cox Media Group.

Interview

The phone screen was very quick. There was not much dialogue or direct questions because local candidates were first choice. The interviewer seemed in a rush and only talked about the position briefly. Also, the interviewer seemed as though he was only reaching out just as part of a process not necessarily looking to hire anyone who did not reside in the city where the job was located.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate if the local candidates are not chosen?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Media Group in January 2020.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter. Had a very positive conversation regarding my background and experience. Met with two SVP the following week. There was a lot of momentum going into the interview; however, when I met the executives, I could tell they were just going through the motions.

Interviewing is time consuming. If you have some sort of bias, don’t interview for the sake of interviewing. It isn’t fair to the candidate. Luckily, I had a couple of other interviews simultaneously and received an offer for a great position w/ a great organization.

Just Another Corp Job Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hollywood, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Media Group (Hollywood, FL).

Interview

I had a call with the Atlanta office that I felt went really well. Then I went into the interview for Account Executive and I ended up going in for a second interview for Digital Project Manager but no one told me until I arrived what job I was now going for. My invite even said "Account Executive". Needless to say I was disorganized and caught off guard a lot of the time. I'm glad I got a rejection letter which was the only thing that I can say was nice about the experience.. The HR at least has some sort of courtesy. The process was long, they had a quiz that they categorized me in a bracket and tried to guess how I am as an employee, and the last interview almost took two weeks to set up.

Media Sales Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cox Media Group (New York, NY) in September 2019.

Interview

I applied online on Glassdoor. I thought the role looked like something I'd be a good fit for. About a day or two after applying, I received an email which allowed me to choose a phone screen that fit well for my schedule I talked to a gentleman on the phone for about 20 minutes. He asked me pretty basic questions; like "Tell me a little about yourself." "Why Cox Media Group?" "What do you know about Cox Media Group?" etc. At the end of the conversation he told me he would like to schedule an interview for me. About 3 days later I was taking a train to the city and went in for an in person interview, the real deal. Upon arrival, I spoke to a desk clerk who buzzed me in and allowed me to enter the elevator vestibule. Then I was greeted by a gentleman at the door who was really friendly, he offered me a coffee and then we went into a room to do a 1-on-1 interview. After about 30 minutes, I spoke with another man for about another 30 minutes. They primarily asked situational questions, like "explain a time when..." or "how would you react if..." They were great interviewers and able to make me feel welcomed. They did not place too much pressure on my answers, so I was able to answer them confidently and truthfully. I had a great interview experience overall.

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Great people. Met with different people within organization. Seems to be healthy and good culture with great future. Very relatable and not intimidating direct reports. If you’re outgoing. Go for it.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Media Group.

Interview

For a big place, their interview process was quick and easy going. They were super organized and responsive. The recruiting team were the best I’ve ever experienced even if I didn’t get the job. It was the best rejection and closure I’ve ever gotten, I’ll def apply again in the future

Director of Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cox Media Group (Tampa, FL) in June 2019.

Interview

First there was a phone screening, a phone interview with a 3rd party, a phone interview with the hiring manager, then a face-to-face with the hiring manager. I cam very prepared for the interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the market   1 Answer

Social Media Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cox Media Group (Atlanta, GA) in May 2019.

Interview

Very relaxed conversation. We took a while going over my resume. Was a little under-qualified for the job, however that didn't stop the hiring manger from taking an interest in my previous work. She walked me through other positions that better suited my skills.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your past experience and why you think you would be a good fit for our company?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hollywood, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cox Media Group (Hollywood, FL) in May 2019.

Interview

I applied to the official job listing and didn’t hear anything back. After 3 months they invited me to a phone interview. After the phone interview I was invited to the corporate office. The interview went well but I never heard back.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my experience and wanted to get to know me   Answer Question

Promotions Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Media Group.

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple, Just scheduled an interview in person with the two marketing and promotional managers and then was offered the job about a week later. Only had to go in to interview once.