Cox Media Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 20, 2017

2.7

Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cox Media Group (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I met with several people during the interview process and it seemed that my interview was going well. They all seemed to enjoy taking the time to meet with me. Not only did I send a "Thank You" email to each individual whom I interviewed with, but I called the main sales manager, as well as the recruiter who is based in Atlanta. After several more email and call attempts, I have received no notification of any kind regarding the position. This is very disappointing and unprofessional, not to mention rude. Needles to say, I have moved on.

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Media Group (Atlanta, GA) in November 2017.

Interview

Two parts to this process. The first part is a technical interview with the dev team, some are remote, and a live coding challenge. The second half is a meeting with the other half of the team and a general overview of their roles and how you fit into that hierarchy.

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cox Media Group (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

It involved multiple site visits to meet the whole Management Team. The first initial interview involved the two direct managers that I would serve under. The Second interview involved meeting with other Account Executives and managers. The Third Interview involved meeting with a psychologist.

Interview Questions

• They used a 3rd party Psychologist to see how we will integrate among the work culture.   1 Answer

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cox Media Group (Austin, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

"Long and drawn out they'll put you through 4 to 5 interviews and have you take an assessment." - as another reviewer wrote, and I fully concur.

I had to do OSINT research to find the status of my application process as no contact within Cox would reply. I finally receive a response from a personal email account I found, informing me that they had already decided to go in another direction, with fault of poor communication deferred to the recruiters (all three of them?).

Regardless of my qualifications and performance for this position: to give a person three interviews, tell the candidate that all of them went well, fail to provide an ETA on further communication when asked in person, told a message with aforementioned time frame will be sent to the candidate, proceed to go into complete radio silence, fail to return an email regarding the status (three different people involved in the process CCd, over 2 weeks transpired from the third interview - not even a "hello we acknowledge we are receiving your emails"), and then having to go to Pipl to find a gmail address to inquire for a third time to a 4th person - only to find out the decision was already made. No matter the process and how well I did throughout it - that is an absurd amount of effort to counteract the indifference displayed; a sequence of events that should not occur in any interview.

I had told them on the third interview that I was waiting to look for other opportunities until I heard something from them. They had asked and I optimistically answered. Everyone said I was doing well and was friendly. That was the last day in which I heard from anyone regarding the process until the events described in the previous paragraph.

Conclusion: this is rude, unethical, unprofessional, mean, negligent, and beyond. Opportunity loss as a result of poor communication... indifference tends to leave a negative feeling in both people and animals more so than positive or negative attention. I have a kid to feed and so I move forward; it would have been wonderful if they could present an iota of the professionalism and etiquette I most definitely displayed, allowing me to tend to my family. These are basic principals to be displayed throughout life in general (say what you mean, do what you say, show up on time, return your messages, etc) . I say opportunity lost not because I did not get the position, but rather I held out for the position, losing the opportunity to apply for other jobs - something they were fully aware that I was doing, as they asked me.

Interview Questions

• Are you looking at or applying for any other positions at the moment (third interview)?   1 Answer

TV Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cox Media Group (New York, NY).

Interview

Initial interview was very brief and more of a conversation. You're asked to come back to meet with all of the possible team managers . It takes about 4 hours which is really annoying and all of the managers have a script.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cox Media Group.

Interview

It was great and people interviewed me were super nice. I was a wonderful experience and i never regret to work with them. It's the best experience among all. . It's the best experience among all.

Interview Questions

• Describe your design process.   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cox Media Group (Atlanta, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

5 individual interviews with different people, all very nice and well versed in media. Salary decreases the longer you are there, then you get a draw against commissions after about 6 months.

Interview Questions

• How would you attack your territory   1 Answer

Digital Learning Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Media Group (Atlanta, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

Two phone interviews and an in-person - Both were not too difficult - However I feel the job posting was misleading. It seemed to be an entry-level position. However, the company actually preferred much more experience. Still the process was not too difficult and the ppl involved were kind.

Interview Questions

• Have you had experience in training others?
      Experience with media and the newsroom?
      Explain how you'd work to meet difficult deadline?   Answer Question

Street Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cox Media Group (Dayton, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

OMG so rediculous and their site is messed up ...had to redo application like twice ...they send emails no contact info no name it is like a autopilot. Then they say stuff like thanks for help but we are not going to pay you or continue with process. This is so much with contractors independents. They set you up and or try and get like your credit report, your background when it is the opposite .....we get booked for contract work small community things where they should be paying a deposit so we dont' get screwed. This company is a joke

Interview Questions

• there were none really just errors and reapplying not even a person or name to contact   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cox Media Group.

Interview

Easy and non-intimidating. I interviewed first for an intern position. Felt less like an interview and more like a normal get-to-know-you discussion. After my internship, I was asked to stay on. This interview was with the operations manager and promotion's director. Much longer process with a mix of structured and get-to-know-you questions.