Cox Media Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 26, 2017

2.6

Digital Learning Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Media Group (Atlanta, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

Two phone interviews and an in-person - Both were not too difficult - However I feel the job posting was misleading. It seemed to be an entry-level position. However, the company actually preferred much more experience. Still the process was not too difficult and the ppl involved were kind.

Interview Questions

• Have you had experience in training others?
      Experience with media and the newsroom?
      Explain how you'd work to meet difficult deadline?
      Answer Question

Promotions Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cox Media Group.

Interview

Easy and non-intimidating. I interviewed first for an intern position. Felt less like an interview and more like a normal get-to-know-you discussion. After my internship, I was asked to stay on. This interview was with the operations manager and promotion's director. Much longer process with a mix of structured and get-to-know-you questions.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cox Media Group.

Interview

Long and drawn out they'll put you through 4 to 5 interviews and have you take an assessment. They'll sell the job to you, ask about CRM system they don't even have one, very unorganized. It's all who pretends to be "friends" with the Managers gets the accounts or those who have been there - recently turn over is high.

Interview Questions

• How experienced are you with Transactional?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cox Media Group in March 2017.

Interview

Sent in resume to corporate HR system. A recruiter called to do a short interview. Interview lasted a little over an hour. It looked to have gone well and I was told to follow up a couple of days later. I emailed as requested and received no reply. Recruiter never answered any emails afterwards. I thought that to take up someone's time for such a long interview should warrant feedback or reply.

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest challenge you had at this current TV station?   1 Answer

Brand Manager, Healthcare Insights Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cox Media Group (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

A very thorough process beginning with a phone interview with a corporate recruiter, then another phone interview with leadership associated with the position. Finally, a third in-person interview with the newly hired leader of the division and a corporate strategy specialist. (travel expenses paid for by the company)

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cox Media Group (Atlanta, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

It was very unorganized with no real structure to the interview. I saw not met by the person I was sent to meet and once in the interview I was greeted by who ever was just available at the time. I don not think I was given a fair interview.

Reporter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cox Media Group (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

A Company Recruiter scouted me through Linkedin, and e-mailed to ask if we could get on the telephone. We had a very pleasant conversation with him explaining who the audience was and who the new hire would report to.

Promotions Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Media Group.

Interview

Quick and structured process, comfortable and friendly. First there is a quick phone interview and when that is done they bring you in to speak with the promo director for a specific station, the one in which you applied to, then you talk for about 20 minutes. It's pretty direct whether you will be hired or not, they don't waste time throughout the whole interview process. Yours nor theirs.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cox Media Group (Atlanta, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

I originally applied online their talent portal. After a few days, I received an email and then follow up call from their recruiter. She did a detailed phone screen and sent it the hiring manager. The recruiter set up a phone interview which involved asking a lot of technical questions. Did a coding exercise online using a collaborative coding environment. I was then asked to come to a face-to-face interview. Face to face interview as a panel that lasted a few hours, and included an interview with the Architect, Other Software Engineers, and some members of the management team. Did a few whtieboarding questions, and had a culture screening to check that out.

Interview Questions

• How to calculate the highest product of 2 3-digit numbers that is also a palindrome?   Answer Question

Deputy Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cox Media Group.

Interview

The interview was very interactive. I was invited in for an interview starting at 9am. The senior producer asked me some experience and journalistic questions before I was taken on a tour of the studio where I sat in on the morning meeting about the upcoming stories.