Cox Media Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 18, 2018

2.6

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cox Media Group (Atlanta, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

I originally applied online their talent portal. After a few days, I received an email and then follow up call from their recruiter. She did a detailed phone screen and sent it the hiring manager. The recruiter set up a phone interview which involved asking a lot of technical questions. Did a coding exercise online using a collaborative coding environment. I was then asked to come to a face-to-face interview. Face to face interview as a panel that lasted a few hours, and included an interview with the Architect, Other Software Engineers, and some members of the management team. Did a few whtieboarding questions, and had a culture screening to check that out.

Interview Questions

• How to calculate the highest product of 2 3-digit numbers that is also a palindrome?   Answer Question

Advertising Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cox Media Group (Charlotte, NC) in February 2011.

Interview

Mostly situational STAR type questions. They focused on my goals and aspirations. The sales managers and sales director was there which sounds intimidating but is actually very nice as you can ask questions to get views from leadership vision. Before that I had a phone interview and then went through a screening interview to ensure that I had the skills to be successful in the role

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cox Media Group (Austin, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

"Long and drawn out they'll put you through 4 to 5 interviews and have you take an assessment." - as another reviewer wrote, and I fully concur.

I had to do OSINT research to find the status of my application process as no contact within Cox would reply. I finally receive a response from a personal email account I found, informing me that they had already decided to go in another direction, with fault of poor communication deferred to the recruiters (all three of them?).

Regardless of my qualifications and performance for this position: to give a person three interviews, tell the candidate that all of them went well, fail to provide an ETA on further communication when asked in person, told a message with aforementioned time frame will be sent to the candidate, proceed to go into complete radio silence, fail to return an email regarding the status (three different people involved in the process CCd, over 2 weeks transpired from the third interview - not even a "hello we acknowledge we are receiving your emails"), and then having to go to Pipl to find a gmail address to inquire for a third time to a 4th person - only to find out the decision was already made. No matter the process and how well I did throughout it - that is an absurd amount of effort to counteract the indifference displayed; a sequence of events that should not occur in any interview.

I had told them on the third interview that I was waiting to look for other opportunities until I heard something from them. They had asked and I optimistically answered. Everyone said I was doing well and was friendly. That was the last day in which I heard from anyone regarding the process until the events described in the previous paragraph.

Conclusion: this is rude, unethical, unprofessional, mean, negligent, and beyond. Opportunity loss as a result of poor communication... indifference tends to leave a negative feeling in both people and animals more so than positive or negative attention. I have a kid to feed and so I move forward; it would have been wonderful if they could present an iota of the professionalism and etiquette I most definitely displayed, allowing me to tend to my family. These are basic principals to be displayed throughout life in general (say what you mean, do what you say, show up on time, return your messages, etc) . I say opportunity lost not because I did not get the position, but rather I held out for the position, losing the opportunity to apply for other jobs - something they were fully aware that I was doing, as they asked me.

Interview Questions

• Are you looking at or applying for any other positions at the moment (third interview)?   1 Answer

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Media Group (Austin, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

I spoke with an HR representative first, and then the team lead second. The process was organized by HR representatives, who always let me know what was going to happen and emailed me calendar appointments. It took some time with all the back and forth, but it was also very smooth and well-organized.

Interview Questions

• What got me into this field?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Babylon, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cox Media Group (Babylon, NY).

Interview

It's a phone Interview and in-person interview with a group of producers and sales. You meet all the staff there and interact with them. I loved meeting everyone and research who your interviewer is that way it's a controversial interview.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Media Group.

Interview

Two interviews were made without major complications. Easy questions and to the point. They really need to cover the position soon.
    Easy access to the interviewer and to the hiring manager.

Negotiation

Not easy.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Largo, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Media Group (Largo, FL) in October 2009.

Interview

CTM reached out to me with an offer. I turned them down years prior when I perceived that the Marketing Department was in stagnation. After accepting the postion the second time around, the VP above me promoted several internal employees into the department. I felt judged by staffers who knew how to maneuver within CTM, but they were not as skilled in marketing USP's.

Interview Questions

• CTM reached out to me, so the interview process was more of a review of my background.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Get the job, then decide if you are going to take it.

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cox Media Group (Chesapeake, VA).

Interview

The process was quite long but very exciting. I had a total of FIVE interviews. The first one was a phone interview that basically centered around my background of professional and educational experiences. The second was a in-person interview with two sales managers. In my opinion that was the most difficult. The questions varied from my opinions on honesty and integrity, to questions about the company, sales process, and marketing skills.The next interview was with another manager and took place in the office. The interview used the "STAR method." Some of the questions were quite difficult but the importance was on answering the question in the correct format. Finally, I had a lengthy phone interview from an outsourced company that predicted how I'd perform in a sales environment. It took me a total of an hour and a half. The final interview was with the VP of the company. The VP was very straight forward and positive. The focus was on my goals and plans within the company.

Though the process was difficult the managers and HR were very helpful. The communication was very strong and they always provided feedback.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cox Media Group (Omaha, NE).

Interview

Applied online, received a call about 3 weeks later to set up a phone interview. After the interview I was contact back about 5 days later for testing and then an in-person interview. The process went fairly quickly once I was initially contacted.

Interview Questions

• Face to face interview consisted of the typical STAR process/technique. The questions were direct and the hiring managers were extremely stern and not very pleasant. I was also criticized about a few things on my resume which was unprofessional.   1 Answer

Media Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cox Media Group in October 2013.

Interview

The process took a couple months after an employee referral. Phone interview, then an hour with HR, and then with your division manager. They definitely want to be sold on you, so follow up with your manager/head of department periodically.