Creative Assembly Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Creative Assembly

2.8

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Creative Assembly.

Interview

Multiple Skype interviews. First interview was an introduction where I was asked about my background experience. Second interview was a replacement for the "in person" site interview. Being from overseas I could not easily make it out to their site in England. The second interview covered a more in depth technical review with C++ related questions.

Interview Questions

• Which type of data structure would best be used to implement an excel spreadsheet application with columns and rows that may grow infinitely in size?   1 Answer

Content Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Creative Assembly in February 2017.

Interview

The first step of the process was a written design test, which I was given 1 week to complete. It asked several questions concerning the game series I would be working on (ex. how I would solve certain problems).

After completing the design test, I had a Skype interview with two members of the team. The interview starts with simpler questions, but eventually moves on to design-focused questions intended to test your ability to analyze their previous titles, and your ability to come up with creative solutions (they're not called Mundane Assembly!)

While both the interviewers were respectful and kind, this was one of the more rigid-feeling interviews I've had, with things being taken pretty seriously.

Interview Questions

• What games are you playing right now?   Answer Question
    • Compare [GAME] to its sequel. What was better/worse in the next iteration?   Answer Question

Technical Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Horsham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Creative Assembly (Horsham, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

There are two rounds of Skype interview on the stuffs that I have done before. Basically go through the CV. Then the on site interview with some normal interview questions.

Animator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Horsham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Creative Assembly (Horsham, England (UK)) in May 2018.

Interview

Applied late April, had a Skype interview with a couple members of the team early May then had an in studio interview with even more members of the team a couple weeks later, had a tour of the studio and met a few other people. Heard back about 10 days after my second interview and was not chosen.

Junior Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Creative Assembly in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online with a focused cover letter on the game they were looking to hire on. WAS then invited to have a skype interview about a week later. Then conducted the 1-1 Skype interview with one of the lead designers that covered my history with the game franchise, portfolio and past work. The interview lasted just under an hour. The interview was very chill and conversation based but also had a lot of on the spot design questions.

Interview Questions

• If you were to go back and work on the previous title what one thing would you prioritize to change?   Answer Question

Game Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Creative Assembly in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online to a Game Designer position, and they contacted me after a few days. They sent me a design test that I had to send back completed in a week.

The test wasn't easy, but it also wasn't very complicated, and it was related to the Total War franchise and some of the games of the saga. Because of being a strategy-game-based company, the questions were about situations and problems you can find in a strategy-game like a Total War. Once I completed it, I sent it back to them and I received a response in a week time.

Interview Questions

• Pros and cons of positive and negative rubber-banding techniques used in strategy-games.   Answer Question

Gameplay Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Creative Assembly in October 2018.

Interview

I Got a test, after test got an interview. They were kind and mostly ask about my experiences. They didn't ask any technical question. We walk troughth the cv generally. It took like 15 minutes.

Environment Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Horsham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Creative Assembly (Horsham, England (UK)) in April 2013.

Interview

The process took about two months. I applied online and received an answer three weeks later inviting me for a skype interview the next week. The interview was very relaxed and short. They asked me if I could come for another interview on site. During the second interview they asked questions about my portfolio. It was very friendly and welcoming. I didn't here from them during a few weeks and then they made a salary proposition and offered relocation.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your portfolio/ tell us about your previous work/ what do you enjoy doing during your spare time....   Answer Question

Environment Artist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Creative Assembly in April 2013.

Interview

Interview was via Skype.

QA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Horsham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Creative Assembly (Horsham, England (UK)) in December 2013.

Interview

First they ask a few questions so that they can sot out the candidates before scheduling a formal interview. In my case it was a long distanmce interview so we did it by skype. I was asked many questions regarding videogames in general, the company, the games they make or are about to make.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions nothing weird as long as you're prepared   Answer Question