CreditCards.com Interview Questions

Updated Jun 4, 2017

To filter interviews, or .
Found 13 of over 13 interviews

2.7
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at CreditCards.com

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CreditCards.com (Austin, TX) in Mar 2017

Interview

Initial phone screen, followed by face-to-face and more phone screens. The process was fairly protracted and the questions I was being asked was reflective of a company that didn't appear to know what it was looking for. I was supposed to report to the receptionist on arrival - but there wasn't one, so I just sat at the front being ignored by members of staff walking by. To that end, the office isn't very nice at all, although I gather they're planning on moving.

Interview Questions
  • What do you know about creditcards/bankrate?
    1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CreditCards.com (Austin, TX) in Jan 2017

Interview

The recruiting process at CreditCards.com was the best experience I have ever had. My recruiter, Lori, was very professional, courteous, timely and organized. Her interview questions were great and it was very clear that she is very experienced. She kept me updated throughout the process and I am very grateful that she made the recruiting process such a pleasant experience! It was great meeting with the hiring managers as well. After meeting everyone here, I was certain that this was the company I wanted to join and I gladly accepted an offer of employment. If you are looking for a great company that recruits exceptionally, this is it!

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CreditCards.com (Austin, TX) in Dec 2016

Interview

1. Phone screening with recruiter. 2. Phone screening with engineering supervisor. 3. On-site with several members of the organization. 4. Video interview with management. Most questions were more discussion and concept oriented. Strong emphasis on Agile. Everyone was very nice and welcoming. Great team.

Interview Questions
  • Some languages have public and private variables, and other's done. Do you think they're necessary?
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at CreditCards.com (Austin, TX)

Interview

I'll start by saying I have no issues with CreditCards.com, but I want to communicate that their interview process was not a positive one. It started out great but very quickly fell apart. Here is a breakdown of what happened: - Got screening interview from recruiter at the company. - Shortly after had phone interview with hiring manager. - The next week had in-person interview. Talked to three people on the team and was asked a variety of solid questions related to product management and my process. All good, right? Here is where things went south: - Recruiter goes silent after interview, even after sending a follow up. - Two weeks later, received a short message from hiring manager telling me to "please be patient while they work through the process". - Several days later, position "closes" on the website. I decide to move on. - Another two weeks pass. Receive e-mail from recruiter that says they want me to move forward with a 'personal interview' with the hiring manager again. This e-mail also notes a change in the position name, indicating they are now interviewing me for a 'senior' position. I accept. - Go to interview. Several interesting things happen. First is that I find out that I am not actually interviewing for the 'senior' position. The second is that no one at the company remembers that I interviewed there before. Finally, everyone I interview with gives an alarmingly different interpretation as to what the Product Manager would do at the company. One individual in particular spent the interview clearly describing a Project Manager position instead. At the end of the interviews I can clearly tell that I am likely not a good fit here. - Several days later I receive an automatic rejection e-mail. Overall it took 7 weeks from start to end. It would seem that the company is having some difficulty "defining" product management. They are going through rapid changes at the moment and I wish them the best of luck - however I would advise that they seriously look at their hiring practices so that a candidate doesn't have to go through what I experienced.

Interview Questions
  • List a favorite product and give an example of a way they could improve it. Now describe how you would prioritize that request versus all others.
5 people found this interview helpful

CreditCards.com

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CreditCards.com

Interview

Overall, very unprofessional. I had a phone interview with the recruiter. This was after the recruiter emailed me and asked for my availability and I sent it back and I didn't hear back for over a week, so I inquired again and the recruiter asked for my availability again. I was then told I would have a phone interview with the hiring manager. I didn't hear back for two weeks so I inquired, and was told I would have an interview the following week with the hiring manager. I did not hear back.

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CreditCards.com (Austin, TX) in Oct 2016

Interview

Applied online. Internal contract recruiter contacted me for an initial phone screen, which was very short. Phone interview with two other ScrumMasters that lasted 45 minutes. Was brought in for multiple face to face sessions (3 hours total). Everything seemed to go well. As others have said, this is where it all broke down. Recruiter went silent, even after multiple contact attempts. I even reached out to one of the senior team members I interviewed with for feedback. Nothing. It seemed quite puzzling. Maybe they are going through more changes than they mentioned in the interviews. To be honest, the atmosphere reminded me of the dot com times in the early 2000's. It's too bad. This sounded like a great opportunity.

Interview Questions
  • What are the Scrum ceremonies (this was rephrased multiple times)?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at CreditCards.com (Austin, TX) in Oct 2016

Interview

There was a phone interview followed by onsite interview. They interviewed me for that job which my work experience did not match. Even after knowing that my qualifications doesnt match the job requirement they called me for an onsite. The interviewers were not prepared at all. 6 people were supposed to interview me and only 3 people showed up. It was a waste my time and they do not give respect to applicants. Very unprofessional interview process.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CreditCards.com (Austin, TX) in Sep 2016

Interview

September 11 - I applied online. September 18 - I received an invitation for a phone screening from the hiring manager. September 19 - I responded and we settled on a time. September 20 - Phone screening. It was a good conversation. I talked about me, the hiring manager talked about the position and the company. Pretty standard stuff. September 29 - In person interview. I was scheduled to meet with four people from different departments in individual 30 minute sessions. Of those scheduled, one person was swapped. We each chatted about my experience and how it would fit with the company. Before the interview, I registered for the service and explored the features of the site. I discussed this with two of the people, but it never came up with the other two. All in all, no red flags, everything was pretty standard. October 3 - I received an automated rejection email.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CreditCards.com (Austin, TX) in Jul 2016

Interview

I received the initial phone screen from an internal recruiter where I was provided with an overview of the company and information regarding the open position. The call lasted approximately 30 minutes. The second interview was over the phone with the hiring manager. The hiring manager also provided detail about the company as well as the new direction and implementation of Scrum/Agile. The call lasted approximately an hour. The third interview was onsite and was scheduled for roughly 3.5 hours. I was interviewed by multiple people that played various roles within the technical department. I was interviewed by 1-2 people at a time. The interview did not feel like it lasted over 3 hours, the interviewers were on time and ready with their questions.

Interview Questions
  • Q: What are the scrum ceremonies and their purpose? Q: What is your expectation of the leadership staff? Q: What do you like most about being a Scrum Master? Q: What are some challenges that you've faced with a new/recent implementation of scrum?
4 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CreditCards.com (Austin, TX) in Jul 2016

Interview

Had a phone screen with an internal recruiter. Discussed the role, my experience, and I disclosed my current salary (remember this part, it's important). Moved on to a phone screen with the hiring manager. Continued with an on-site meeting with six peers and managers. Moved on to a video interview with a VP. Received an offer for 30k less than I currently make. The offer itself was insane. The recruiter presented it included things like vacation as compensation. I can't make this up. I was ready to accept the job and my jaw dropped when I heard the salary. I felt like this was the ultimate bait and switch and highly unprofessional. There is no way I would have continued with the process had I been told what the salary for the role was. Base 110K 5% MIP bonus (5,500) 15 Paid days off (6,400) 3 paid sick days (1,300) 10 paid holidays (4,200) 3% 401k contribution from cc.com after 2 months of employment, 100% vested immediately (3,300) $130,700 Total package

Interview Questions
  • Fairly standard for tech. Discuss rest, talked about n tier architecture, etc.
2 people found this interview helpful