Cricket Media Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cricket Media Interview Questions

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cricket Media (Chicago, IL).

Interview

It was fine. They act very confident in asking you questions and reviewing your portfolio. If you get hired you later find out the art directors hardly know anything in designing or production.

Interview Questions

• Do you know Adobe software   1 Answer

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cricket Media (Herndon, VA).

Interview

Interviewed four rounds including a weekend interview with CEO; questions were fair considering the position. Once offer was made I was able to negotiate. Was impressed with compensation. Onboarding process could have been better.

Permissions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cricket Media (Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

One brief phone interview and one in person interview. It was a fairly casual interview where I got to see the office and the staff. I was interviewing for a temporary position but they offered me on-going freelance work. I was interviewed by the head of the permissions department and didn't have any contact with anyone in the H.R. department

Interview Questions

• There weren't any unexpected or particularly difficult questions, it was a basic conversation and review of my skills.   Answer Question

Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Cricket Media (Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

Phone interview, office interview, editing sample, Skype interview. The entire process took five months and they never ended up hiring anyone for the position in the end. I felt completely strung along throughout this unnecessarily lengthy process by the time it was over.

Interview Questions

• What elements would you have added to the digital version of this magazine?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cricket Media (Chicago, IL) in January 2013.

Interview

The interviewer was close to an behind schedule. As I sat waiting, I grew irritated. I wondered if I had been late for overbooking interviews, would I have been able to proceed. The rules for the job seeker are strict: No typos in resume, be punctual. Yet, an employer can have many typos in a job description and be late for the interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience?   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cricket Media (Herndon, VA) in February 2012.

Interview

I was introduced to the org via a mutual contact. I applied for the position remotely, and after they reviewed my resume and qualifications, they set up a set of in-person interviews to take place in a single day. I met with 3 different groups - executive management, Global Community, and Sales. The following day I also had a phone interview with Business Development. I happened to be a good fit for a position they needed but hadn't yet posted for, so the process moved fairly quickly. After completing the interviews, I received an offer about a week and a half later.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage ambiguity and competing priorities? Discuss techniques for effective communication and time management.   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cricket Media (Herndon, VA) in April 2011.

Interview

It was efficient and conducted via web.The initial screening was via telephone. I was recruited for the position and fast-tracked through the hiring process. The staff has changed over since I've moved on so it could be an entirely different process.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to give a presentation of the product online.   Answer Question

Product Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Cricket Media (Herndon, VA) in June 2010.

Interview

Interview process was quick and down to the point. I got an offer quickly and wasn't left hanging around for ages waiting for feedback. Management knew what they were looking for and acted quickly when they found it, at least in my department.

Interview Questions

• More of a quote... "Thank God you didn't wear a suit!"   Answer Question

Negotiation

Everything was very upfront.

Technical Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cricket Media (Herndon, VA) in May 2010.

Interview

Interviewer didn't have my resume in front of him (no apology). Asked me to go over the details of my resume so he could understand why I qualify for the job. He wanted me to give the dates of employment for each position I've had over the past 15 years. Basically act as a live resume. However, I don't think he listened as he gave no feedback on the phone - at one point I thought we had lost connection and had to ask if he was still there. His questions were not relevant to the position. He wanted to see if I knew my way around Unix - which I do - and how proficient I am on .net. He finally asked detailed SEO questions. I happen to know Unix but the other two I have technical overviews. None fo the technologies that interested him were on the job description. He did not ask a single Project Management question. At the 1/2 hour he said he has a hard deadline. He said he'll email me for a second interview and I never heard back. I'm marking the interview as difficult due to the fact that I had to go over my resume in detail and that the interviewer was not ready for the call and asked irrelevant questions.

Interview Questions

• If I have .net experience - while the job was specifically for customer facing web-based applications and services with a focus toward developing online communities.   Answer Question
    • SEO methods and how would one get indexed.   Answer Question