Cricut Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cricut Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2017

2.5

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cricut.

Interview

Applied online. Received a phone call to interview with a recruiter which went really well. Was scheduled another phone interview with the manager of the department, which again went really well. I received an email asking to come in for 4 hours to meet with several people within the company (8 or 9 people). This went well too. I even had a few people say, "I hope you get this job." I left thinking that I was almost a shoe in for the job. I was told that all I needed to do was meet with the President/CEO. What I was hearing and what I felt I thought for sure I had the job.

I didn't hear anything for a few weeks so I sent emails, left voice messages, text messages over the following month and didn't hear a thing. It's been almost 3 months and still haven't even heard back from them telling me ANYTHING. I gave up several weeks ago on this job but the fact that I didn't even get a phone call or email or text message letting me know anything was extremely disappointing. In reading other similar situations as mine it looks like this is something typical for this company. It makes the company seem unprofessional. I was pretty excited to begin working there too.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were pretty straight forward about my skills/abilities, etc. It was a good experience...until they stopped communication with me.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herriman, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cricut (Herriman, UT) in May 2017.

Interview

Had a great phone interview with the recruiter who impressed me with her technical knowledge. I was asked to come into the office to meet with the team. The interview went great, some get to know me type stuff and whiteboard problems. After an hour with the team, I was shown around the office. Before I left, I was told the feedback about me was positive and that I should hear back regarding an offer that evening or the following day at the latest. I didn't hear back at all. I sent emails, left voice mails and still haven't heard anything. It's been over a month now. . . I was extremely impressed with the company up until this point. Extremely unprofessional!

Senior Android Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Jordan, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cricut (South Jordan, UT) in May 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with very knowledgeable HR professional. Then invited in office for a team interview with two engineers and the team manager. In the phone interview I was asked a lot of questions about programming techniques and APIs used on Android. This was explored further in the panel interview.

Interview Questions

• I was asked many questions on techniques I would use to handle different scenarios when programming on Android. Also asked about previous projects that are on the App Store/Google Play along with GitHub activity.   Answer Question

Product Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Jordan, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cricut (South Jordan, UT) in April 2017.

Interview

3 phone interviews + 8 onsite interviews over 2 months = Cricut, a company that needs to figure out how to get their recruiting process streamlined and not waste the valuable time of recruits.

Interview Questions

• List 3-5 adjectives your colleagues would use to describe you.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cricut in April 2017.

Interview

Didn't actually interview- my phone screen was cancelled on the day of the call, because the position was filled from an internal transfer, and less than 48 hours after the position opened.

Senior Front End Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Jordan, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cricut (South Jordan, UT) in March 2017.

Interview

The process was fairly smooth at first. Consisted of a 30 minute phone interview by the corporate recruiter. Was then requested to interview onsite the same day. After the interview, I was asked to come in for another interview with HR the next day. Interview went well (in my opinion) and was told that an offer was on it's way soon. One week later, I reached out to the recruiter and was told that it needed the CEO's approval and that they are going to extend an offer to me. Two weeks later, after a couple of follow up emails with no responses I finally gave up. It's been approximately one month and I still never got a response. Very unprofessional to not respond. Even a simple "sorry, we've moved on" would've been nice.

Interview Questions

• Some high level AngularJS questions were asked around creating directives.   Answer Question

Cricut Response

Apr 25, 2017 – Sr. Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for your review. It's unfortunate you did not receive feedback from the recruiting company as this is where feedback was given. Updates were given twice weekly to the company and we were... More

Director of Education & Experience Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Jordan, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cricut (South Jordan, UT) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online and contacted their internal recruiter. I completed a phone interview with the recruiter, followed by a series of on-site interviews with various people over a couple of weeks. Things seemed to be moving in a positive direction and was told that there were final discussions going on among the executives, after which they would reach out. I never heard back and then reached out to the internal recruiter. I never received any response whatsoever, which was disappointing and strange given how much we communicated early on.

Front End Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Jordan, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cricut (South Jordan, UT) in November 2016.

Interview

Incredibly friendly, mainly due to the quality of our HR. The interview was non-intimidating and kind, but also professional. They made it clear they wanted me to constantly learn and improve. They also made it clear that they value loyalty to the company and an effort to be a great team player. I felt cared for and part of the team, even though I wasn't yet offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you instead of someone we are looking at with more experience?   1 Answer

E-Commerce Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sandy, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cricut (Sandy, UT) in October 2016.

Interview

There was a group/panel interview. Followed by two 1:1 interviews. The hiring director was very accommodating and helpful and the interviewers asked great questions and gave a very good overview of the job summary and requirements as well as company culture.

Interview Questions

• How are you at working with a team and handling multiple projects.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Jordan, UT

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cricut (South Jordan, UT) in September 2016.

Interview

A very pleasant interview. It was both professional and personal which made it comfortable and not so formal. Since I have experience in several different fields, the interviewer was interested in how and why I chose my recent field which is in Software Engineering.

Interview Questions

• My knowledge about the job I was applying for and the reason I chose Cricut   1 Answer