Cricut Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cricut Interview Questions

Updated Nov 13, 2017

2.5

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cricut.

Interview

Applied online. Received a phone call to interview with a recruiter which went really well. Was scheduled another phone interview with the manager of the department, which again went really well. I received an email asking to come in for 4 hours to meet with several people within the company (8 or 9 people). This went well too. I even had a few people say, "I hope you get this job." I left thinking that I was almost a shoe in for the job. I was told that all I needed to do was meet with the President/CEO. What I was hearing and what I felt I thought for sure I had the job.

I didn't hear anything for a few weeks so I sent emails, left voice messages, text messages over the following month and didn't hear a thing. It's been almost 3 months and still haven't even heard back from them telling me ANYTHING. I gave up several weeks ago on this job but the fact that I didn't even get a phone call or email or text message letting me know anything was extremely disappointing. In reading other similar situations as mine it looks like this is something typical for this company. It makes the company seem unprofessional. I was pretty excited to begin working there too.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were pretty straight forward about my skills/abilities, etc. It was a good experience...until they stopped communication with me.   Answer Question

Hardware Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cricut (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2017.

Interview

I had two interviews, one with a recruiter and another with the VP of product. Both seemed to go great and I was told I’d be scheduled a follow-up interview. I was told by both that the interview process is extremely in-depth and can take a while, which sounded exhausting.

Since I was still working with my old company, I had a conflict with an interview time that was suggested by the recruiter. I suggested a different time and heard nothing. The time I had suggested came and went and I had no clue what to do expect. I then received another email from the recruiter asking for a new time suggestion a few days after this. This time I didn’t reply and don’t intend to.

Even though I’m looking for a job, my time is still valuable. In other words, don’t string me along and expect me to just drop everything to cater to you and your mess of a schedule. I can use that time to look for other positions.

Interview Questions

• What are some challenges you faced with launching a product   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Jordan, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cricut (South Jordan, UT) in September 2017.

Interview

This company needs to get it together. Two phone interviews and one on-site interview. Showed up to my on-site interview and there was no front desk, no one to greet me and the entire 4th floor looked like a bomb went off. I had to find some random employee to show me where to go. I interviewed with four people. All were dressed very unprofessionally...(think Saturday morning “I’m running errands apparel.”) A few days after my interview I received an email saying my “analytical” skills were lacking. I have 13 years of experience working as a Senior Production Manager, overseeing multiple teams domestically and overseas. This company needs to realize that a full-time Product Manager and a full-time Sales Analyst are two totally separate positions. I would not have accepted the position even if it was offered.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herriman, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cricut (Herriman, UT) in May 2017.

Interview

Had a great phone interview with the recruiter who impressed me with her technical knowledge. I was asked to come into the office to meet with the team. The interview went great, some get to know me type stuff and whiteboard problems. After an hour with the team, I was shown around the office. Before I left, I was told the feedback about me was positive and that I should hear back regarding an offer that evening or the following day at the latest. I didn't hear back at all. I sent emails, left voice mails and still haven't heard anything. It's been over a month now. . . I was extremely impressed with the company up until this point. Extremely unprofessional!

Senior Android Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Jordan, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cricut (South Jordan, UT) in May 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with very knowledgeable HR professional. Then invited in office for a team interview with two engineers and the team manager. In the phone interview I was asked a lot of questions about programming techniques and APIs used on Android. This was explored further in the panel interview.

Interview Questions

• I was asked many questions on techniques I would use to handle different scenarios when programming on Android. Also asked about previous projects that are on the App Store/Google Play along with GitHub activity.   Answer Question

Product Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Jordan, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cricut (South Jordan, UT) in April 2017.

Interview

3 phone interviews + 8 onsite interviews over 2 months = Cricut, a company that needs to figure out how to get their recruiting process streamlined and not waste the valuable time of recruits.

Interview Questions

• List 3-5 adjectives your colleagues would use to describe you.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cricut in April 2017.

Interview

Didn't actually interview- my phone screen was cancelled on the day of the call, because the position was filled from an internal transfer, and less than 48 hours after the position opened.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverton, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cricut (Riverton, UT) in April 2017.

Interview

Started with an over-the-phone interview by their HR recruiter who asked some technical questions related to the position I was applying for. After that, I was asked to come in for an in-person interview. That one involved a meeting with two of the senior developers. This interview consisted of more technical questions and a little bit of white board coding. This step felt like they were trying to get a feel for how much I knew about what I would be doing in the position and to see if I had a personality that matched what they were looking for. Last, I had a final interview with their head of HR and the VP of platforms. These last two weren't technical interviews, but were another chance for them to evaluate my personality and problem solving methods.

Interview Questions

• If you were given a deadline that you knew you weren't going to meet, what would be your next steps?   Answer Question
    • Please demonstrate the syntax for creating a custom directive where you will be passing in a function, string, and html.   Answer Question
    • What kind of software development processes did you practice at you previous place of work?   Answer Question

Senior Front End Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Jordan, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cricut (South Jordan, UT) in March 2017.

Interview

The process was fairly smooth at first. Consisted of a 30 minute phone interview by the corporate recruiter. Was then requested to interview onsite the same day. After the interview, I was asked to come in for another interview with HR the next day. Interview went well (in my opinion) and was told that an offer was on it's way soon. One week later, I reached out to the recruiter and was told that it needed the CEO's approval and that they are going to extend an offer to me. Two weeks later, after a couple of follow up emails with no responses I finally gave up. It's been approximately one month and I still never got a response. Very unprofessional to not respond. Even a simple "sorry, we've moved on" would've been nice.

Interview Questions

• Some high level AngularJS questions were asked around creating directives.   Answer Question

Cricut Response

Apr 25, 2017 – Sr. Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for your review. It's unfortunate you did not receive feedback from the recruiting company as this is where feedback was given. Updates were given twice weekly to the company and we were... More

Director of Education & Experience Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Jordan, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cricut (South Jordan, UT) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online and contacted their internal recruiter. I completed a phone interview with the recruiter, followed by a series of on-site interviews with various people over a couple of weeks. Things seemed to be moving in a positive direction and was told that there were final discussions going on among the executives, after which they would reach out. I never heard back and then reached out to the internal recruiter. I never received any response whatsoever, which was disappointing and strange given how much we communicated early on.