Cricut Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Jordan, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cricut (South Jordan, UT) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was fairly straightforward. I worked with a technical recruiter through the process, first starting with a phone interview to determine whether I had the basic qualifications , then I was given a small programming assignment to look at my coding style, then had 2 in-person interviews, one with the technical team to determine basic competency, the next was with HR to determine if I was a good fit with the company.

Interview Questions

• What is your familiarity with the standard C++ library? How would you structure "such and such" a program?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about computer graphic concepts?   Answer Question
    • How strong is your mathematics background? What concepts have you studied in school or used professionally?   Answer Question

Channel Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Jordan, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cricut (South Jordan, UT) in February 2016.

Interview

My interview process spanned 9 interviews which included multiple team members. I also dealt with 3 HR reps in a 2 week span. Process went as followed.

- Screening interview with HR rep
    - Phone interview with team member
    - In person interview with Marketing Director (1st visit)
    - In person interview with 4 additional team members including team member i had already interviewed with. Session went from Noon - 4 pm. Interviewers included a skype interview with a higher level exec. (2nd Visit)
    - Interview with high level advisor briefing me on the culture of the company and what to expect as an employee. (Initial HR rep had left company so was working with a temp fill in until the next was hired)
    - Scheduled an Skype interview with CEO, got email an hour prior saying they had to postone. Interview was cancelled and rescheduled for the following morning at early hours because CEO was in China. 2 hours after interview was rescheduled i received a message from the new HR rep saying that they had gone with someone internal.

It seems Cricut lacks a decision making structure. I felt like i was running in circles and nobody had the authority to make a decision on a hiring. The email letting me know that they had gone with someone internally was completely out of nowhere. They had never led on that there was a lot of other competition. In fact, on an initial visit the recruiter made it known that they had a high level of interest. This experience made me feel as if there was a lot of over management at Cricut. I highly advise if you are interviewed for a position you ask questions regarding competition and how long the process will take as you could end up being blind sided after a 2 week process. Don't waste your time!

Interview Questions

• Are you able to work as a team & cross collaborate with other departments?   1 Answer

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverton, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cricut (Riverton, UT) in April 2017.

Interview

Started with an over-the-phone interview by their HR recruiter who asked some technical questions related to the position I was applying for. After that, I was asked to come in for an in-person interview. That one involved a meeting with two of the senior developers. This interview consisted of more technical questions and a little bit of white board coding. This step felt like they were trying to get a feel for how much I knew about what I would be doing in the position and to see if I had a personality that matched what they were looking for. Last, I had a final interview with their head of HR and the VP of platforms. These last two weren't technical interviews, but were another chance for them to evaluate my personality and problem solving methods.

Interview Questions

• If you were given a deadline that you knew you weren't going to meet, what would be your next steps?   Answer Question
    • Please demonstrate the syntax for creating a custom directive where you will be passing in a function, string, and html.   Answer Question
    • What kind of software development processes did you practice at you previous place of work?   Answer Question

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Jordan, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cricut (South Jordan, UT) in January 2015.

Interview

I was brought in rather quickly and there were two peer programmers who interviewed me. Then the manager interviewed me, but he was in and out of the interview with little interaction. At first I thought it was because he was busy, but I don't think that was really the case. He simply seemed disinterested.

Interview Questions

• There was one code question and a few about my experience, not much interaction.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herriman, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cricut (Herriman, UT) in May 2017.

Interview

Had a great phone interview with the recruiter who impressed me with her technical knowledge. I was asked to come into the office to meet with the team. The interview went great, some get to know me type stuff and whiteboard problems. After an hour with the team, I was shown around the office. Before I left, I was told the feedback about me was positive and that I should hear back regarding an offer that evening or the following day at the latest. I didn't hear back at all. I sent emails, left voice mails and still haven't heard anything. It's been over a month now. . . I was extremely impressed with the company up until this point. Extremely unprofessional!

Front End Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Jordan, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cricut (South Jordan, UT) in November 2016.

Interview

Incredibly friendly, mainly due to the quality of our HR. The interview was non-intimidating and kind, but also professional. They made it clear they wanted me to constantly learn and improve. They also made it clear that they value loyalty to the company and an effort to be a great team player. I felt cared for and part of the team, even though I wasn't yet offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you instead of someone we are looking at with more experience?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cricut in April 2017.

Interview

Didn't actually interview- my phone screen was cancelled on the day of the call, because the position was filled from an internal transfer, and less than 48 hours after the position opened.

Product Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Jordan, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cricut (South Jordan, UT) in April 2017.

Interview

3 phone interviews + 8 onsite interviews over 2 months = Cricut, a company that needs to figure out how to get their recruiting process streamlined and not waste the valuable time of recruits.

Interview Questions

• List 3-5 adjectives your colleagues would use to describe you.   Answer Question

QA Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Jordan, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cricut (South Jordan, UT) in August 2016.

Interview

First there was about an hour long phone interview, followed by an on site interview where they asked me about who I am as a person, how I work with others and a lot of problem solving questions. This was followed by another on site interview where they gave me an offer that I chose to take on spot.

Interview Questions

• What do you expect from a company like this one?   1 Answer

Corporate Employee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cricut (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2018.

Interview

Very, very disappointed in this process. Was very excited about this company and very familiar with their product. I applied for the role online and followed up via email. I got a reply right away to set up a phone interview via email. We confirmed the interview time and then I received no call. I followed up via email to see if we needed to reschedule and got a response the next day. We rescheduled for a new time and then again, I never received a call. I emailed again to follow up and got no response and then reached out again the following week and got no response still. If the position was filled or they didn't want to move forward that's completely fine but to schedule 2 interview times and miss the call both times with no explanation just seems extremely unprofessional and inconsiderate. I'm sure it's a great company but a recruiting process like that does not make a good impression.