Cricut Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cricut Interview Questions

Updated May 18, 2018

2.5

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cricut.

Interview

I echo what others have posted about not respecting applicants time and not holding to appointments. Really disappointing since their corporate docs include values like "our teams demonstrate trust, respect and candor" - which if they actually held to they would keep their appointments.

Corporate Employee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cricut (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2018.

Interview

Very, very disappointed in this process. Was very excited about this company and very familiar with their product. I applied for the role online and followed up via email. I got a reply right away to set up a phone interview via email. We confirmed the interview time and then I received no call. I followed up via email to see if we needed to reschedule and got a response the next day. We rescheduled for a new time and then again, I never received a call. I emailed again to follow up and got no response and then reached out again the following week and got no response still. If the position was filled or they didn't want to move forward that's completely fine but to schedule 2 interview times and miss the call both times with no explanation just seems extremely unprofessional and inconsiderate. I'm sure it's a great company but a recruiting process like that does not make a good impression.

Influencer Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Jordan, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Cricut (South Jordan, UT) in February 2018.

Interview

First step in the process was roughly a 30 minute call with an HR rep. She was very informative about the position as well as the hiring process. Next step was a 30 minute call with the woman currently working in this role. This call was also very pleasant. The third step was an in-person interview with four individuals total - a three person panel and then one individual that took about an hour and fifteen minutes. I was asked to prepare a brief presentation on a scenario involving influencer marketing.

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cricut.

Interview

Applied online. Received a phone call to interview with a recruiter which went really well. Was scheduled another phone interview with the manager of the department, which again went really well. I received an email asking to come in for 4 hours to meet with several people within the company (8 or 9 people). This went well too. I even had a few people say, "I hope you get this job." I left thinking that I was almost a shoe in for the job. I was told that all I needed to do was meet with the President/CEO. What I was hearing and what I felt I thought for sure I had the job.

I didn't hear anything for a few weeks so I sent emails, left voice messages, text messages over the following month and didn't hear a thing. It's been almost 3 months and still haven't even heard back from them telling me ANYTHING. I gave up several weeks ago on this job but the fact that I didn't even get a phone call or email or text message letting me know anything was extremely disappointing. In reading other similar situations as mine it looks like this is something typical for this company. It makes the company seem unprofessional. I was pretty excited to begin working there too.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were pretty straight forward about my skills/abilities, etc. It was a good experience...until they stopped communication with me.   Answer Question

Hardware Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cricut (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2017.

Interview

I had two interviews, one with a recruiter and another with the VP of product. Both seemed to go great and I was told I’d be scheduled a follow-up interview. I was told by both that the interview process is extremely in-depth and can take a while, which sounded exhausting.

Since I was still working with my old company, I had a conflict with an interview time that was suggested by the recruiter. I suggested a different time and heard nothing. The time I had suggested came and went and I had no clue what to do expect. I then received another email from the recruiter asking for a new time suggestion a few days after this. This time I didn’t reply and don’t intend to.

Even though I’m looking for a job, my time is still valuable. In other words, don’t string me along and expect me to just drop everything to cater to you and your mess of a schedule. I can use that time to look for other positions.

Interview Questions

• What are some challenges you faced with launching a product   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Jordan, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cricut (South Jordan, UT) in September 2017.

Interview

This company needs to get it together. Two phone interviews and one on-site interview. Showed up to my on-site interview and there was no front desk, no one to greet me and the entire 4th floor looked like a bomb went off. I had to find some random employee to show me where to go. I interviewed with four people. All were dressed very unprofessionally...(think Saturday morning “I’m running errands apparel.”) A few days after my interview I received an email saying my “analytical” skills were lacking. I have 13 years of experience working as a Senior Production Manager, overseeing multiple teams domestically and overseas. This company needs to realize that a full-time Product Manager and a full-time Sales Analyst are two totally separate positions. I would not have accepted the position even if it was offered.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herriman, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cricut (Herriman, UT) in May 2017.

Interview

Had a great phone interview with the recruiter who impressed me with her technical knowledge. I was asked to come into the office to meet with the team. The interview went great, some get to know me type stuff and whiteboard problems. After an hour with the team, I was shown around the office. Before I left, I was told the feedback about me was positive and that I should hear back regarding an offer that evening or the following day at the latest. I didn't hear back at all. I sent emails, left voice mails and still haven't heard anything. It's been over a month now. . . I was extremely impressed with the company up until this point. Extremely unprofessional!

Senior Android Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Jordan, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cricut (South Jordan, UT) in May 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with very knowledgeable HR professional. Then invited in office for a team interview with two engineers and the team manager. In the phone interview I was asked a lot of questions about programming techniques and APIs used on Android. This was explored further in the panel interview.

Interview Questions

• I was asked many questions on techniques I would use to handle different scenarios when programming on Android. Also asked about previous projects that are on the App Store/Google Play along with GitHub activity.   Answer Question

Product Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Jordan, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cricut (South Jordan, UT) in April 2017.

Interview

3 phone interviews + 8 onsite interviews over 2 months = Cricut, a company that needs to figure out how to get their recruiting process streamlined and not waste the valuable time of recruits.

Interview Questions

• List 3-5 adjectives your colleagues would use to describe you.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cricut in April 2017.

Interview

Didn't actually interview- my phone screen was cancelled on the day of the call, because the position was filled from an internal transfer, and less than 48 hours after the position opened.