Crossover for Work Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Crossover for Work

3.3

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Crossover for Work (Austin, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Online review process, kinda of biased personal questions on the technical profiling. They are mainly interested in knowing how would you behave while working from remote. The questionary have kinda of simple questions.

Interview Questions

• How is you ideal working day.   1 Answer

Apr 27, 2017 – Human Resources

Hello and Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to know that you had a positive experience with our recruitment process. I encourage you to keep on checking our job openings from time to time for... More

Java Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Crossover for Work (New York, NY) in June 2018.

Interview

There is a extensive evaluate program, some code challenges and then you are available to manager schedule or not a interview. No guarantees that someone will call you, no feedback about the code challenges or the test itself.

Java Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Crossover for Work (Remote, OR) in March 2017.

Interview

It started with a technical MCQ java exam (20 questions) in an hour the type of questions is
    General data structures and algorithms questions
    Then 3 days project
    Then face to face technical
    Then screening phone call

Interview Questions

Crossover for Work Response

May 10, 2017 – Human Resources

Hello and Thank you for your sharing your recruitment experience. Crossover only hires the Top candidates globally and we would like to congratulate you in accepting our offer. If you have... More

Software Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Crossover for Work (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Just like what everyone has written here, what you see is true. I am not a fan of giving companies bad reviews but after reading the reviews here, but because i still gave the company a try to see if they have improved which apparently they haven't, i just had to post here to help everyone not to waste their time.

You start by answering some questions basic level javascript questions. Second stage involves building a project.
    Honestly it was at this point i wasn't interested, i didn't do it for like two weeks until a guy gave me a call, which was what motivated me to building the project, which took me 2days.

After that i got a mail scheduling another interview. These were points from the first mail after doing the project:

-- We loved your project and want to hear more about it! Judging from what we’ve seen so far, you have a good chance to get the Software Architect - Web Front End role!.

I felt good for that. Now it was time for the interview.

I got asked questions about my background. "And when did i graduate from school" - I was so pissed by this question.
    2. I was asked to share my screen, we were using google hangouts after his Skype internet was poor. I then said to him, okay let me share my screen via google hangouts, he said "no that he wanted to see my face and we should use team viewer" - I felt like oh maybe he wants me to show him my project.

Lo and Behold people, this interviewer started asking me some basic Javascript questions which a developer mostly uses in Jquery or Angularjs, in which i failed in few of them.

Please i applied for the role of a ReactJs Developer, but this interviewer was asking me AngularJS questions that i haven't done in a year. Only to give me feedback that i had to improve in Angular.

He never asked me to show him or explain my project to him during the interview, I'm pretty sure he doesn't even know ReactJS.
    And then i asked him, why are you asking me Angular Questions when i applied for ReactJS. He told me he has seen my react code.

The feedback also says i need to improve on Async programming, For christ sakes, this interviewer never asked me anything about async programming, if he did, i would have sat him down, schooled him about async programming like he was a baby.

Other feedback include:

- Animations should have been better.
    - Gradients should have been better.
    - Low code comments.
    - Low code coverage of unit tests.

They say animations, when they give you a picture to reproduce, insolence.
    Gradients - You didn't say reproduce this image as it is, pay attention to details, but the project says we can improvise.
    -Comments, I think the reviewer doesn't know reactjs and can't read readable code.
    - Low code coverage - I only wrote few tests which at least covered all the components i have written for the project. Did you want me to test Npm Modules too?

I am writing this here, because i am pissed over the fact that i didn't want to continue with this company but i was persuaded to continue by the person that called me to take the project.
    But now i can see that there's a problem with the interviewer, he doesn't know anything.
    This was an insult to my career which is hurtful.

Advice to Crossover: I think you should interview your interviewers, and they should come up with better live coding questions on coderpad.io. and lets developers write code like fizzbuzz, functional programming like currying, findPrime numbers etc, for evaluation.

Interview Questions

• What is emit vs broadcast?   Answer Question
    • What is stopPropagation vs StopImmediatePropagation   Answer Question
    • What is the behavior of setTimeout( () => {}, 0);   1 Answer
    • What is the advantage of an anonymous function. He didn't even know what this was called.   Answer Question
    • Difference between let vs Var   2 Answers

Dec 18, 2016 – Human Resources Manager

Hi and thank you for your feedback regarding the experience you had during your interview process with Crossover. We are sorry to hear that you felt the experience was not to the standard of someone... More

Multiple Positions Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Crossover for Work in February 2018.

Interview

Crossover is NOT really hiring for all of the roles they have listed. They don’t have real clients. The companies they hire for are owned by their parent company Trilogy (now ESW Capital). They hold tournaments and flat out lie about the positions and number of open roles. Their process is full of errors. They can’t commhnxitae properly - apparent by talking to Talent Adovcates and Account Managers. This is part of Crossovers process to isolate people and keep them on a need to know basis for knowledge internally.

They’ll promise an answer from the tournament within a few days - realistically it takes weeks. Next you’ll wait a few weeks to have an inter tie through the platform. They’ll tell you it’s the hiring manager - but in reality it’s someone screening you before the hiring manager. A few weeks later you’ll talk to the real hiring manager. They’ll tell you how long to wait to hear back Ron them (the hiring manager) and you’ll never hear back from them. Total time is around 2 months to even start to get an answer - from when you first participate in a tournament.

Stay away. The process is wrought with questionable tactics - probably well beyond the ethical scope for a business.

Multiple Positions Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Crossover for Work.

Interview

Spent 8 hours filling out the applications for two senior leadership roles (VP and above). The application included multiple steps: logic quiz, long form essay questions, voice recordings, etc.
     After all that, I had one email interaction with someone who seemed to be the hiring manager. They expressed interest and then never followed up. Had multiple worthless interactions with offshore Crossover resources who were completely clueless about the actual hiring company and role. What an absolute waste of time! Even though my applications were deemed in the "top 5%" and I was cleared for interviews, I WAS NEVER CONTACTED by the hiring companies. This "platform" is a complete joke and waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Referring to your role in the first question, please describe your direct interactions with customers, if any, and in particular please highlight a challenging engagement and your efforts to resolve.   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Crossover for Work (Austin, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

sign up, upload cv, pass to first technical screen where few quick question in 3 stages, basic questions, english recording, and subject matter questions, passed then Written evaluation comes.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Crossover for Work in February 2018.

Interview

The interview was a very long, arduous process. It's called a hiring tournament. There was a video conference call in which the CEO address the applicants, and then a lady from HR answered questions regarding the interview process.

The 'tournament' started at 8 am on a Saturday morning. After the video conference, we took a series of evaluations that included technical, written and video.

I passed the technical. I'm a writer, so I'm confident in my written evaluations. The thing that I was unsure about was video. I knew once they saw my video, that I was out of the running.

The company seems to lack diversity. So I knew that I wouldn't be a 'fit', regardless of my experience, evaluations or skills.

Sure enough, I received the rejection letter today. Imagine that.

C# Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Crossover for Work (New York, NY).

Interview

I was sent to a multiple-choice exam. Seemed easy - just book theory. Finally the last question asks you to code some obscure theory that you'll never get in 100 years unless you were specifically told to do it "as a trick". I honestly thought it was an honesty quiz -- if you get it right, you must have Googled it.

It's more like:
    Can int convert to bool?
    Can you do string = 3?
    Then suddenly .... "Calculate the trajectory of the sun. We're not going to tell you any values, either. Oh yea, 5 minutes left!"

Interview Questions

• Easy mode, until the last question.   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Crossover for Work (Chicago, IL) in April 2018.

Interview

After the lengthy 'test' online, you get an email that looks spammy and have an 'interview' with a weirdo on video. They ask you boring questions, don't quite explain much, and leave you thinking you might have 'some random, high-paying job' working for a mysterious company. It's BS. Don't interview with Crossover.

Interview Questions

• How would I approach working remotely.   1 Answer