Crossover for Work Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Crossover for Work Interview Questions

Interviews at Crossover for Work

3.3

Support Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Crossover for Work.

Interview

Shortly after applying I was sent an email with series of online assessments.
    After spending 20 minutes filling in my information then answering 40+ random pattern and math questions, I was sent an email saying I did not pass and need to improve.
    On what? No idea...
    Is it because I did not answer all 50? No idea...
    A phone call with a human being would be the best way to assess the abilities of a candidate. Maybe ask a question or two about real life occurrences and issues faced. I can't see a customer calling asking if their triangle is supposed to be next to the star or square.

Senior Technical Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Crossover for Work.

Interview

I've dealt with a lot of disorganized or incompetent companies and application processes, but this one takes the cake and devours it. Summary: don't trust anything they describe about the job, don't bother with their extremely long and buggy applications and tests, and just avoid this place altogether.

To begin with, it was a very misleading job posting (and also a misleading company name as it’s actually called ESV Capital). Despite the title, the description said it was for their Product Knowledge Curator position, pitched as the owner of their knowledge base with duties listed as reviewing support tickets, root cause analysis where it’s needed, and technical documentation writing. The vague requirements reinforced the knowledge base and technical writing aspects of the job and asked for five years of experience in a list of possible related job descriptions, several of which I have performed in depth. This sounded like a job I could easily do, and despite the fact that it would be a salary cut, the telecommuting and flexible hours they offered made it sound worth it. They neglected to note the fact that they had one MAJOR requirement for the job that was nonnegotiable.

I went through a multi-step application process that took over five hours and was vague and filled with bugs in their testing platform (confirmed by the first interviewer). There were behavioral type questions, writing samples, a conversational audio sample, an approximation of an IQ test, and finally a SQL test using a platform that simply didn't work as described. The SQL test was the only technical skills test of the application. Their IT "support" and HR "help" teams actively made things worse: one of them was nice enough to reach out to me, but then they all ignored or avoided all but one of the questions and concerns I raised about the application and tests. Despite this, I stupidly chose to finish the application anyway. Had it not been poorly worded and filled with bugs, the tests themselves seemed easy enough, albeit quite tedious.

Despite the application and tests telling me I failed due to the bugs in the system, I was selected for an interview. I went through multiple interviews only to be told in the last 10 minutes of the second one that the job is ONLY for an experienced software developer who can program in a wide variety of different languages. They barely cared about the technical writing aspect in comparison, despite all previous evidence to the contrary. This nonnegotiable requirement was never in the job description, never in any part of the five hours of applications and tests, never mentioned in the first interview, and only brought up near the end of the second interview.

Between the applications, tests, bugs, dealing with IT and HR, and the interviews, Crossover wasted a full workday of my time and effort. I chose to spend another 15-20 minutes writing this, so that one’s on me. This was the worst application/interview process I have ever encountered, and I will be avoiding all of Crossover's job postings from now on.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe a complex technical problem that you solved and how you went about it.   1 Answer
    • Q: What is your experience writing technical documentation?   1 Answer
    • Q: What is your experience with SQL? Describe a problem or two that you've solved.   1 Answer
    • Q: How does root cause analysis fit into your work?   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Crossover for Work.

Interview

Without much detail about the role, but an enticing sounding company culture and approach, they draw you in. Just to become an enormous waste of time - this is basically a company that wants to contract you out to other companies like a consultant "for the long term", but you have to dig to find that out.

The behavioral test is a complete waste of time, it's not based on accuracy and it doesn't measure ability or aptitude as it claims. Having recently taken test that do for grad school, I can attest that 50 questions in 15 minutes is encouraging folks to just tap an answer if they will be penalized for not finishing.

Interview Questions

• Jane is taller than Jim.
      Jim is taller than Sally.
      Jane is taller than Jim.
      True or false?   Answer Question

Senior Vice President Interview

Interview

I applied for a senior VP role and am now being chased to complete online tests, assessments and other information but no information on the role! Is there a role, who knows? Is it bait an switch ...who knows? Imho next step is to tell the candidate about the role not obtain personal information. Not impressed.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Crossover for Work.

Interview

A series of puzzle-based and obnoxious "problem-solving" questions. You have limited time to answer so many "Which picture doesn't belong" and "If Susie is this and Jeff is that" type things.

An hour into the assessments (after scoring in the top 9% in the first test), I failed the second and was disqualified. I think I ran out of time. So a waste of my efforts and time to receive "you're not a good fit."

Another company failing spectatularly at automating its recruiting process. Don't waste your time with this one.

Interview Questions

• Dumb puzzle-based questions that measure nothing more than experience answering those same questions.   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Crossover for Work.

Interview

After applying and having all the skills matched per LinkedIn I was put through a ridiculous assessment gauntlet that contained several timed tests that had no bearing on the job itself or the skills advertised for the job. These assessments were to climax with a 4.5 hour mock lab with "real examples" of work.

These tests were a series of questions with no relation to the position at all and asked things like which images are not the same, etc.

Avoid at all cost if you value your time.

Interview Questions

• Which of the images in the left side column don't match up with the right side?   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Crossover for Work.

Interview

Very lengthy process. I have a PHD and had to re-take the initial cognitive portion because I apparently missed some of the what shape is next in the pattern. It takes hours and hours to complete. After the basic math you have to record basic sentences.

Interview Questions

• What shape is next in the pattern?
      Basic math questions.
      Read two sentences...is the 3rd true/false/can't tell.   Answer Question

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Crossover for Work (Columbus, OH) in August 2020.

Interview

Ridiculous.

I was initially fine with taking an assessment. I have an outlier IQ and I generally do well on these sorts of quizzes.

Indeed, I did quite well on the assessment, answering the first 35 or so questions entirely accurately despite thinking the extremely short timeframe was probably discriminatory or at the very least probably unfair to some of the other candidates who may be just as smart as me but just take longer to think about things.

Around the 40th question, with about 7 minutes left on the clock, I was presented with a word problem in linear algebra, something along the lines of blah blah blah solve this 2X2 system.

This is where I noped out of the deal. I have a math degree and 25+ years of IT experience. I've written a program that find the null-spaces and eigenvectors of extremely large matrices, simply as a thought exercise in optimization.

I don't do 2x2 systems. If they arise in the course of teaching, they're simple yet involved enough that the student can solve them while I catch my breath, and if they arise in the course of addressing a real-world problem, I make the computer do the math for me.

"bUt WhAt iF yOu DoN't HaVe A cOmPuTeR?" Then I won't be very effective as a software engineer, now would I?

I answered C to the remainder of the questions without even reading them, and was told that I had successfully passed the first portion of the assessment.

At this point I noticed that the remainder of the assessment was set to take over 5 hours, and that I had not yet had a single human interaction with anyone at the company, much less been offered to be compensated for my time, so I clicked on the little 'X' in the top-right corner of my monitor and made a mental note never to apply for any of their postings again.

Interview Questions

• 18 is 30% of what number?   1 Answer
    • Can you solve a 2x2 matrix?

Will you?   1 Answer
    • Can you see the difference between "Rob Johnson" and "Rob Johnsen"?

Can you do math?

Are you some sort of genius at pattern recognition?   1 Answer

Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Crossover for Work.

Interview

I agree with a recent post - a complete waste of time. I have completed many assessments and interviews during my career, but this one is quite a unique pile of ****.

I have over 15 years of enterprise level experience in IT (infrastructure, networking, systems, application development, operational support), but this is how they decide people are qualified.

Big red flag for Crossover, and how you'll be treated if hired. You'll be just another warm body to close as many support tickets as possible per shift. Truly sad.

Interview Questions

• CCAT, 50 questions in 15 minutes. They suggest using the JobFlare app to study, and while the tests are somewhat similar, it doesn't really help.   1 Answer

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Crossover for Work in July 2020.

Interview

It was an aptitude test that failed to post results. I called the number after repeatedly trying to post the results. The number immediately put me on hold. I was on hold for 30+ minutes before I gave up. To summarize, I spent 30 minutes prepping my resume and cover letter. I spent 5 minutes applying. I spent 15 minutes on filling in information, 15 minutes on the aptitude test, 30 minutes on hold.

This company has no problem wasting your time which was a total of over 90 minutes.