Crossroads Trading Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Crossroads Trading Interview Questions

Updated Mar 1, 2017

2.6

Sales Associate/Buyer Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Crossroads Trading.

Interview

I applied in the website and was scheduled for an interview. At the interview I spoke with the general/hiring manager.

During the interview you are asked basic work experience and personality questions. You also are given a box to go through and select clothes you would buy for the store.

Interview Questions

Could not offer me enough hours.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Crossroads Trading (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

The same day that I applied online I received an email that they were interested in interviewing me by phone. We set up the interview for a few days later. The day the interview was to occur, I received an email that she had to go out of town, and would call me in a couple of weeks after her return. Ultimately, my phone interview was delayed for approximately 3 weeks. The day it was to finally happen again, the interviewer 'forgot' to call me. I emailed her, then she called the next day. After about a 20 minute phone call, all seemed ok, until I mentioned that my daughter was 26. Abruptly, the interview ended! I then received an email, that I did not meet the qualifications that they were seeking.

I felt I had experienced age discrimination, and sent an email calmly explaining such. The interviewer's supervisor then emailed/called me, concerned that I felt I had been discriminated against, and said her associate thought I only wanted holiday work. I explained that I had made it very clear that I wanted full-time work, willing to work my way up, I had an open schedule, and I had mentioned that I was available for the entire holiday, as I would not be going out of town. My resume clearly outlined my experience, and they were interested due to my resume.

I have great experience as retail associate, a key holder, and a manager with excellent references, and a great background check. The supervisor told me to go in the store near me, that I wanted to work at, and to fill out an application there. She said she had told them about me.

I went in the store the next week. They had a huge sign on the front window saying they are hiring and to apply inside. I went in, asked for an application, and was told that they are all full, and are no longer taking applications, but I could apply online - even though the sign is still posted. Then she dismissively went back to checking clothing from a seller. That was it.

I give up trying to work there. They clearly have age limit for their staff. I am a very youthful, fit, friendly, well groomed, trendy silver haired, 60 years young, woman.

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Crossroads Trading (San Jose, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very casual. One of the "challenges" was to sort through a pile of clothes and determine which items were in season and fashionable and give a reason to why you did not choose other clothes.

Interview Questions

• What clothing lines do you think are the most fashion forward?   Answer Question

Associate Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Crossroads Trading (San Francisco, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Met with talent acquisition manager who asked a series of fairly common interview questions, followed by a buying skills test. Then I had another interview with the regional head of stores, who was a little less friendly, and seemed to have higher expectations of her floor staff than you would expect given the meager wage of the position.

Floor Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Crossroads Trading (Santa Monica, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

As I walked in and asked about applying, I was immediately given an application. When I filled that out, the manager greeted me and took a look at my application. The manager then asked if I was ready to do an interview at that moment; I consented. The general interview questions were straight to the point and pretty easy; the store manager was easy to talk to. After having left, it wasn't until a few hours later did I get a call from the manager and was asked to come in a couple of days later for a second interview. I was interviewed by another store manager from a different location; she was just as friendly. The second interview was easier than the first. About a few days later I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Q: What are some of the things we're looking for during the fall season (or whatever season they're currently buying clothes for)?   Answer Question
    • Q: Can you name five fashion labels?   Answer Question
    • Q: What are some of your strengths?   Answer Question
    • Q: Tell me about a time when you were involved in a group project.   Answer Question

Floor Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Crossroads Trading (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

I went on Craigslist and saw the ad, I had previous experience in retail so what not. I got a call back asking to come in. I arrived quite early and there I met with the DM/SM of the store. She was really nice asked me a couple questions and fill out a 4 page application. Which I thought was crazy asking for your school records, previous authorization to get information about you from last employer?! I never interview with a company who asked for so much from someone. Afterwards I was asked to answer questions about myself and also a bin test.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Crossroads Trading (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Non-intimidating and informative. I did a buy test and she was very nice.i dressed nice and she dressed nice.i wore my best outfit and tried so hard to get the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the positive aspects of your personality. tell me what things make you excited about going to work. she asked me about integrity but I had to ask what that word meant. then I had an asner.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate.

Sales Associate/Buyer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Crossroads Trading in February 2015.

Interview

Had an interview set up about two weeks after filling out an application. I prepared for the interview by looking at the reviews posted here.

The interview was about 45 minutes and I answered pretty standard retail questions and also personal questions about my availability and why I would be a good fit.

At the end of the interview, I was given the "buy test" where I had to sort through a box of clothes to say which ones I would keep and which ones I would pass on. The manager left the room for this so I don't know if that was what was supposed to happen or not. They came back and I told which ones I would keep and priced them and then it was like they couldn't get me out the door fast enough. Not a handshake goodbye or anything. And the first part of the interview seemed to be going really well.

I was told they would make their decision a week later and I still haven't heard anything. I'm pretty bummed because I really thought I had a great chance at this position. I know a lot of the staff and it seemed the manager was very interested in me. But I guess it wasn't meant to be.

Interview Questions

• Current trends? Why do you want to work here? Name a time you handled a problem a customer had.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Crossroads Trading (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

You first interview with a manager, who's not always the store manager. If you pass the first interview, you then interview with the store manager. Somewhere during these interviews you will be asked to take a "buyers test" where they give you numbered clothing, you look it over, and report back on what items you would "buy in". If you pass on items say why you did. THEN you still have a final interview with the district manager, who then has the final say. They also do a VERY extensive background check, so make sure you are entirely honest through out the whole process.

Interview Questions

• Do you sell clothing? What are your hobbies and interests? Whats your favorite trend you're seeing right now?   Answer Question

Floor Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Crossroads Trading in December 2014.

Interview

Fairly straight-forward typical interview. I first filled out a 2 part application and was then invited back to meet with the store manager for a first interview. After the initial interview with the store manager I met with the district manager for the second and final interview where I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Questions about previous work experience, accomplishments in previous jobs, where you see yourself in the near future, etc. There was also a buying test where they ask you to sort through a bin of clothing and choose which items you would buy into the store and which you would pass on and why/why not. This is used to determine whether you are fit to become a buyer or not.   Answer Question