Crunch Fitness Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

Sort:

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Crunch Fitness (Carlsbad, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Interview was thorough. I was asked several accounting questions to test my basic knowledge. I was interviewed by several people and got a real sense of the job and company

Cleaner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Killeen, TX

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Crunch Fitness (Killeen, TX) in June 2018.

Interview

I was interviewed at a job fair where they were hiring on the spot for all positions for a new Crunch Fitness gym opening up in my area. I haven't officially been hired yet because the gym doesnt open for 3-4 more months but the HR manager was very interested in hiring me and said he would keep in contact with me until they begin hiring.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Crunch Fitness?   1 Answer
    • What shifts I am available for? For cleaning, he just needed overnight cleaners.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Crunch Fitness (San Francisco, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Two step interview after a phone screen. Interviewers seemed keen on selling candidates on the Crunch "culture". They were quiet on the benefits though and I wish I had asked more about them. There aren't many.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Crunch Fitness (San Francisco, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

applied online, always helps if you are a member there first and someone refers you. Was called back to interview with the manager as well and regional manager. Interview process was fairly easy.

Interview Questions

• What do you think we should hire you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Crunch Fitness (San Francisco, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied online on a Friday and received a call on Monday for a Tuesday interview. When I arrived, I told the Front Desk employee who I was and who I was there to see. He told me the GM was with a potential member and to take a seat. I saw the GM go on a tour which lasted about 15 minutes. When he came back, he told me he was sorry and that he should be with me in a moment. While I waited, 3 employees approached me separately and we talked for a moment (all very friendly). After waiting for an hour, I decided to leave. About an hour later, the GM left me a voice mail apologizing and told me to call him back if I wanted to reschedule the interview. I thought this was very nice but did not to call him back. I understand that they were not properly staffed that day and wanted to get another member but I felt disrespected before an actual interview occurred. If this is how I was treated before an interview, I wonder how I would be treated as an employee.

Membership Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Crunch Fitness.

Interview

There was 3 interviews. 1 phone screen, Then GM of one of the clubs, Then interview with the VP of sales manager. Last meet, tour and interview with GM of the club potential club you would be working at. Then do all paper work they call your references and they will perform a background check,

Interview Questions

• Why is fitness important to you and do you have a passion for it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Crunch Fitness (San Mateo, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

I interviewed with Mike, the General Manager. He was nice and pretty laid back like everyone else who seemed to work there. They even request that when you come in you wear normal clothes like how you would dress if you worked there, not interview clothes. My interview lasted maybe 45 mins to an hour, but I did ask a lot of questions at the end. Most of the questions he asked were personality type questions and being that I have no sales experience, it was pretty clear that they look for people who would be a good fit for the company and they are willing to train you. He pretty much told me at the end that he liked me and was going to have me come back for a 2nd interview. I ended up declining it later on because of the pay ($9/hr. and the rest is commission) and the distance for me was really far so overall it wasn't worth it. They also tell you that if you're earning $24,000/year then you're doing an average-ish job but they expect you to exceed your quotas every month. $45,000/year and up is kind of what they really expect from you, keeping in mind that it's almost all commission. If you have experience selling or you're naturally good at it, you could do really well, but if you're looking for a steady paycheck every month then this probably isn't the right position.

Interview Questions

• Because I had no sales experience, I got put to the test. First test was "sell me this stapler" and he didn't really give in until I worked for it and wouldn't let him not "buy" it. Second test was that I had to go up to this girl who was sitting at a desk that worked there and "sell her on signing up for a Crunch membership/personal training/classes"   Answer Question

Too little pay to count on ($9/hr + commission) and too far for me to drive every day

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Crunch Fitness (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

what interview process...hr individuals showed up and where not properly dressed or organized to even handle an interview. they had not even looked at the resume to know one single item about me.

Interview Questions

• hi ..how are you doing today   1 Answer

Group Fitness Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Deltona, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Crunch Fitness (Deltona, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

I answered questions relating to my field via email. Skype interview. Flew to location. Live interview and audition. I performed the class formats I specialized in. They gave me a Job offer after explaining the formats they provide and pride themselves on. Training pay is included. Online training is amazing and extremely informative.

Interview Questions

• Cpr certified? What group fitness certifications do you hold? Are you willing to learn different formats?   1 Answer

Group Fitness Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morris Plains, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Crunch Fitness (Morris Plains, NJ) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview process was in person - I subbed for a class and was assessed during my teaching. Hiring manager then followed up with a formal in-person interview process to review my credentials and availability for teaching at her facility.

Interview Questions

• What programs was I certified to teach? How long have I taught? Did I have a CPR and AFAA certification? Was I self-insured? What days/times was I available?   Answer Question