Cumberland Farms Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Cumberland Farms

1.8

Sort:

Anonymous Employee in Northbridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cumberland Farms (Northbridge, MA) in March 2013.

Interview

My interview was held by the store manager and csl and also the district manager. but usually it's just the manager they asked all the basic interview questions and I felt comfortable. My application was flagged because I put that I had been fired from one of my jobs. But they overlooked that and interviewed me anyway. I don't remember them asking a lot of questions but I remember it didn't take a long time. I know they look for weekend and open availability and people who have experience in customer service.

Interview Questions

• They ask how you would handle certain situations with a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Medway, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cumberland Farms (Medway, MA) in April 2009.

Interview

was inthe middle of the ice cream isle so was short and brief,i ended up getting the job

Interview Questions

Negotiation

non negotiable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hudson Falls, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cumberland Farms (Hudson Falls, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

Applied online, hard to go in to fill out a paper application. Actual interview was very laid back

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a dissatisfied/ drunk customer who wanted to buy a 12 pack during the hours (3am-8am) in which you can not sell alcohol?   1 Answer

Found better job

Anonymous Employee in Brockton, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cumberland Farms (Brockton, MA) in April 2009.

Interview

Interview was very nice

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasnt any, Just said I had the job ad I could start next week

Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cumberland Farms (Providence, RI) in February 2012.

Interview

This was really less and interview and more of, let me tell you some of the bad things this job will require and just know that I won't except any excuse about not doing the job that needs to be done. It was conducted in a store standing on the sales floor (I was there almost 2 hours....a formal office setting would have been more fitting). Basic questions about prior work experience but overall was just more about the company and the details of the job, less finding out about me.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterbury, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cumberland Farms (Waterbury, CT) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview was a great experience the manager made it very comfortable. I wasnt nervous at all, the manager made the work place seem amazing and easy to get along with other coworkers. He also was able to work around my schedule

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I was better at working in groups or alone   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Concord, NH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cumberland Farms (Concord, NH) in May 2014.

Interview

Very informal hiring process, very quick and easy due to it being a first job for me. Very friendly environment and staff, honest and upfront about duties, timetables and pay. Would recommend to a young person as a 'first' job. Very stisifed

Interview Questions

• How well do you interact with customers of all types?   1 Answer

Guest Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cumberland Farms (Fairfield, CT) in September 2016.

Interview

Got a call from the store manager several months after I applied and asked if I could come down to the store that day and I did. We met in the office and just talked about my job history and if I was comfortable working in the store environment (e.g. coolers, outside, handling cash, dealing with lines and cleaning the store) and what my availability was like. Waited a couple weeks but after calling to check in on the application was offered a job.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cumberland Farms (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview was fairly quick and easy. I felt comfortable. My only issue was that everyone talked to each other and management did not practice confidentiality as a priority.

Interview Questions

• One thing that is important to them is if you are a "people's person".   1 Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cumberland Farms (Burlington, VT) in November 2016.

Interview

Very quick process, applied online and was given a quick phone interview with the corporate office before having another quick interview with the store manager. Questions were mostly based on my ability to perform the job and what my availiblity was. No nonsense in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What task would you be interested in performing (such as general maintence)? Can you carry out these tasks?   Answer Question
    • What is your availability?   Answer Question