Custom Decorators Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Custom Decorators Interview Questions

2.2

Client Experience Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tigard, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Custom Decorators (Tigard, OR).

Interview

First I applied online. I was then contacted by the HR manager. She interviewed me over the phone and then set up a second interview. For the second interview, I went to the office and was interviewed in a conference room by three department heads. It was slightly intimidating at first, but if you can't handle pressure, this job will not work out for you. After the interview (which was about 45 minutes) they gave me a tour of the office. A few days later I was offered a position. After submitting paperwork and taking a drug test, I was hired.

Interview Questions

• What qualities are important to you in a manager?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had to handle a dissatisfied customer. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Custom Decorators (Portland, OR) in April 2014.

Interview

Met with the VP of Sales and current recruiter for a very relaxed but thorough interview. Very clear expectations for the position were given, I walked away with a much better understanding of what would be expected of me. After the interview I received regular follow-up regarding the hiring process and was sent an offer within a week of interviewing. Very easy process to complete the hiring paperwork and pre-employment screenings.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you were faced with an obstacle and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

IT Department Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Custom Decorators.

Interview

Was interviewed first by the hiring manager, then by the CFO to whom he reported. The atmosphere was casual but professional, as was the dress code. The interview was friendly but thorough. There was a background check, as well as a drug test, which is taken seriously. I've witnessed at least one person being let go when her background check later failed after 2 years with the company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiating salary, time off, or any other benefits. However, since then, I'm told the newer management is more flexible.

Design Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Custom Decorators in February 2012.

Interview

Very easy to apply. They only hire skilled designers and truly have a GREAT training and onboarding experience. My advice is to apply. They send you qualified leads (no cold calling) and do all the marketing for you through major retail channels. My Sales Manager makes me feel like I'm part of a large team of indivduals that really care

Interview Questions

• Explain to me how you overcome objections in the home   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiating. It is 100% commission and I love that and my freedom.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Custom Decorators in April 2011.

Interview

I first got a call from HR expressing their interest in wanting to interview me. We set up a time and date and I had my first phone interview. It was about 45 minutes long with pretty basic interview questions. Since this was a company based in Portland, Oregon, all interviews were done over the phone. After the first interview, they said they would call back within a week. They did and offered me the position and told me when to start. Pretty easy and straight forward interview. If you just be yourself, you should be able able to get the job easy.

Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Custom Decorators (Salt Lake City, UT) in August 2010.

Interview

Very straight-forward process. No gotcha moments. Basically, the hiring manager will be thorough enough to see that you are qualified and cut out for the work. Due to the remote locations between management and applicants, it may be a series of phone interviews.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Custom Decorators in March 2011.

Interview

Hiring process took more that 3 months which included an initial interview direct report, a follow up panel interview with the department staff, an additional follow up interview with selected Senior "Executive Committee members, an second interview with direct report and final interview with the Company president.

Interview Questions

• There were really no difficult questions, it was if they could not make a decission or potentiall were afraid aof making a decission that did not align with the thoughts of others.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, the offer was what I had asked for.