Cymer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Cymer

Sort:

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cymer (Dallas, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Telephonic followed by code testing in a shared environment like webex. Prepare for the 30 minutes for phone interview and one hour for code testing.Telephonic followed by code testing in a shared environment like webex. Prepare for the 30 minutes for phone interview and one hour for code testing.

Negotiation

no negotation like it is fixed rate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cymer (San Diego, CA) in July 2018.

Interview

It was a phone interview with out any notice before that. Just got a call from the hire managers ( I guess) . This person asked some general questions , and then he asked me when I got my master and bachelor degrees. I think he just wants to know how old I am, and this question made me uncomfortable and realized the ageism .

Interview Questions

• What are you doing at your current position?
      When did you get your master and bachelor degree? ( equals how old you are)   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cymer in February 2016.

Interview

I met the recruiter at a career fair. I had a phone interview the very next day.I was told ,I may have another round but got my decision with just one.I received a decision after 1 month.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cymer (San Diego, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

1 screen phone interview and 1 technical phone interview. Then selected for an on site interview with different groups. Got the rejection call 3 days after the interview. Staff was helpful and easy to talk to. The interview process was well organized. Company has a great location and seems like a cool place to work.

Interview Questions

• A technical presentation of your choice.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cymer (San Diego, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

One presentation in the beginning. Then, 4 back to back interviews about technical skills especially about software designing and example demonstration. After that, there was a lunch together with the managers as well as other candidates, which I don't know if still count towards our interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe singleton pattern.   1 Answer

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cymer (San Diego, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I have applied online and have got an answer in 3 weeks. I had first an interview with a recruiter, after that a phone call with the technical member. The people were very helpful. After the technical interview, I was invited for an onsite interview at Cymer in San Diego.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your projects, what do you know about cymer   Answer Question

Strategic Sourcing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cymer (San Diego, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

Phone interview granted. In their conference room was the staff, without an HR representative. There was no itinerary or pre-meeting announcement, just a phone call to conduct an immediate interview. The methodology was Socratic rather than a conversation, disparaging rather than enlightening.

Interview Questions

• Questions posed were situational: "What would you do if..." While this is an intriguing condition to consider options, the most common reaction is needing more clarification or specifics of the situation.   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cymer (San Diego, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Sent me email about their interest in hiring me for an intern position. I called them at their preferred time. Asked some questions about my resume and some technical questions. I screwed up some of them and didn't get hired. The interviewer sounded professional.

Interview Questions

• How do you improve Matlab performance? Some signal processing questions.   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cymer.

Interview

Submitted my application via the web, and made direct contact with the recruiter to try and raise my application in the pile. Exchanged email with the recruiter to schedule a phone screen. My experience is that the phone screen offers some general questions about experience, skills, salary, and basic high-level career questions. This phone screen was different. Lasting almost an hour, I was asked all of the 'canned' interview questions. i.e. ' Biggest strength, Biggest weakness, etc. etc.'.

The following day (or so) I was contacted via phone to setup a 2nd phone interview with HR representatives, and the hiring manager.

The HR Reps asked about relocation, salary expectations, and gave me some general idea about working at Cymer. Basically everything I expected the first phone screen to be about. Following that I was transferred to the Hiring Manager.

Here things took an unfortunate turn. I could sense by his questions, and his disinterest in engaging in a conversation about the role, and the company that he was uninterested in me as a candidate. I got the feeling from his short and somewhat terse questions that he was just going through the motions. A day or two later I received the canned 'thanks, but no thanks' email.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me, what changes would you make to the organization?" This question was unexpected because it was the 2nd question. Without any bearing on the organization, or the changes that may need to be made, I had no frame of reference to answer. When I attempted to start a conversation to try and find context, he dropped the subject.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cymer.

Interview

We only had 1 interview. It ended in 30 minutes. First my supervisor asked me (1) to introduce myself. Then (2) tell her what's the reason for me to choose this major. Later on, she asked about (3) my past work experience. Finally, she wanted to know if (4) I have any knowledge of certain subjects.