D2M-Inc Interview Questions | Glassdoor

D2M-Inc Interview Questions

3.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at D2M-Inc

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at D2M-Inc.

Interview

It was a long time back, and they don't have HR now. Not sure who, but someone will call you and do phone interview, then bring you on site to interview with Eng. Manager. After that you will likely meet other team members. Also meet the CEO/ owner. Grill them on health of the company and what projects you'll work on. Be polite but firm in what you are seeking. Be cautious of "yes" answers that you are skeptical of.

Interview Questions

• Basic stuff. The ME manager now is a totally technically focused guy (less so on design). Expect some basic technical questions, but not too grueling.   1 Answer

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at D2M-Inc (Mountain View, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

Fairly quick process from first contact to phone screen was less than one week and then had face to face interviews the next week. Some people interviewed for fit into the company while others looked for technical depth. Lots of good questions. People seemed down to earth. Ultimately they were looking for someone who had more technical depth than I did. They took the time to talk to me about where I did well and not so well, which I appreciated.

Interview Questions

• several technical questions that tested my grasp of engineering fundamentals   1 Answer
    • asking me to describe my approach to solving a problem that I had in my past career   1 Answer

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at D2M-Inc (Mountain View, CA) in June 2008.

Interview

Preliminary phone interview with an HR rep (screening). You then will interview with your would be manager. Brought parts/ samples of prior things (bag of tricks). Was then pulled in several days later for interview with several people (various team members). Be prepared to discuss examples of your work and your process of how you achieve desired results. Creativity goes a long way at D2M.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not sure now. In 2008 I didn't negotiate much, because I had stated salary from prior job (which was a lot lower than the offer). Hard to bargain up from that, although I should/ could? have?