DBS Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at DBS Bank (New York, NY).

Interview

Went for an interview and was told the positions was filled and that there are no available positions anymore. It was quite disappointing especially after spending time to prepare and finding time from work to attend the interview

Interview Questions

• What position did you apply for   2 Answers

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DBS Bank in May 2014.

Interview

Applied online and received an email from HR. After speaking to a representative about my interests and aspirations at DBS, I received an email notifying me of online testing. The test consisted of Verbal and Numerical reasoning, each part taking an estimated 45 minutes. Two weeks later, HR confirmed that my scores had been submitted and that they would get back to me shortly with a confirmation. I then interviewed with a manager (who would be my boss) and received an official offer shortly after. The interview was a very natural conversation.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

general introduction, past experiences, technical questions, brain teaser like how many people do you estimate that travel to some place every year. different people might get different questions. they also talked about their expectations for the interns.

Management Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DBS Bank.

Interview

HR called me and we did a phone interview. I live in the US and it took them 30 mins to access my phone. I was told that if I passed this interview I will have to be in Shanghai for the next round around late Feb.

Compliance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DBS Bank (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

I apply online and they sent my a invitation to a phone interview. The guy is good. She didn't ask me a lot of difficult questions. Just a basic question like introduce yourself. Why bank? Why compliance. And she gives me some advice on the career path and introduce the division function and daily work process in DBS bank. it is a really a nice experience for me.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DBS Bank (New York, NY).

Interview

Tedious. Unprofessional. Disrespectful. Did not know what they want.

Long drawn out process entailing meeting two sets of team members separately, a writing test, a chemistry check meeting, and in a move which suggested a near-done deal, a meeting with HR to discuss the start date.

HR person was shockingly unprofessional, sending me WhatsApp messages after the meeting to bargain about asking pay, and even saying 'this is not an offer.' One would expect much better from DBS.

As if an afterthought, a 'final' meeting with the department Head was set up. I was unceremoniously made to wait STANDING at the lift lobby (not even the guest reception) for 20 minutes as the assistant took her own sweet time. I contemplated walking out.

Meeting of the Head was baffling - did not remember content of my resume, read it on the spot, asked more of the same questions already answered numerous times before, making me question 1) if the decision maker shouldn't have been involved much earlier on in the process for a relatively senior position, and 2) if there was any internal communication at all? In the end, they decided they were not ready to make a hire for a role which had been rewritten several times and is apparently experimental, so it's a blessing in disguise as they clearly don't know what they want.

Management Associate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DBS Bank (New York, NY).

Interview

Start with a Personality test, and then online test-shortlisted candidate will be invited to digital interview(16 mins for 6 questions, have 30 secs to prepare and 1-2 mins to answer, you will be given unlimited trial before the interview starts)- Macthon in Jan 13

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions like: Tell me something unique about you? What does innovation meant to you? Failure to motivate others and set back? technology trends in banking?   Answer Question
    • What would be the major macro trends in technology to impact DBS? further comments for 2 mins?   Answer Question

Relationship Manager (Analyst) Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DBS Bank (New Delhi, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a pool campus recruitment drive. The executives from DBS were quite helpful and descriptive with what they expects from the applicants. It was a 1 day procesd comprising of group discussion and face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Since, I interned with a nationalisrd bank most of the questions were related to banking system only. What is cash credit, overdraft, NPAs. Current market situation with respect to NPAs and what can be done to overcome that.   Answer Question

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taipei (Taiwan)

Application

I interviewed at DBS Bank (Taipei (Taiwan)) in March 2013.

Interview

Applied through a career site and got the response from HR within a week. Learned about the position was actually a contractor not full time during the interview. Questions were only about general information about yourself, nothing technical.

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DBS Bank (Mumbai (India)) in April 2017.

Interview

It was really a very easy and smooth interview, it was a short interview with the vice president. The interview process was very comfortable and it took not more than 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• They asked me normal questions about my previous job, it was a fairly easy interview   Answer Question