DC Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DC Group Interview Questions

2.7

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DC Group (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2017.

Interview

Initial phone interview, then in person with a manager, then set up an interview with the CEO. Wanted me to interview with the CEO right after the first in person interview. Be prepared for two interviews back to back.

Interview Questions

• When did you experience a pressure situation   1 Answer

FSE Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at DC Group in January 2017.

Interview

Phone call with manager. Discussed the current opportunities available. Discussed my previous experience in this field. Reviewed the typical work schedule and types of equipment to maintained and repaired. Very helpful and cordial interviewer.

Interview Questions

• daily routine at previous job. Previous experience with UPS   1 Answer

Contracts Data Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at DC Group (Minneapolis, MN) in December 2016.

Interview

Day 1 I met with the manager of the department i'd be working for (Contracts). They called me back the next day to meet again for an interview with an HR person. Both meetings for ~45 minutes. Standard questions about some technical abilities, how to work under pressure, deal with challenges, etc... Standard stuff. They called me in to come in a 3rd day and meet directly with the CEO. I upped my salary request from ~40k to 45k w/ full benefits with barely any hassle. I just told them that's what I wanted to be comfortable and they instantly agreed, no hassle.

Interview Questions

• They asked if there was a crazy amount of work, how do you handle the stress of having such a duanting task especially if there's a time frame to get it done by.   1 Answer

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DC Group (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2016.

Interview

I interviewed on the phone with Samuel and with Curtis. Then I was bought a plane ticket to the corporate office in Minneapolis, MN. Once there I rode the train to the station near the office and was picked up by Samuel. We made small talk in the car and on the ride in. When I arrived at the office I knew there was going to be a basic electronics test for me to do. I took the test and did well on it. I spoke with Curtis, the other technical support guy. Toward the end of the conversation it was about 1230 and Curtis said he was going out to lunch with one of their new hires he just finished training up. I thought that sounded cool to meet someone else who recently hired on but he said they were going out to lunch, I could go across the street to the Pizza place and then come back later to talk more to Samuel and the CEO, Jon. If you're flying someone out for a whole day interview you don't just send them out alone. I found out everything I needed to know about the company by the way they treated me at the corporate headquarters before lunch.

After pizza and a beer alone across the street, I went back to hang out in the empty conference room some more. I wasn't even introduced to the person I would interface with day to day, the Account Representative. I spoke with the CEO, Jon Frank after lunch. Perhaps he was having an off day but my interactions with him seemed weird. I was honest with him about the way the interview process went and how it was completely different than the two other interviews I had that week and that it seemed like they didn't value their employees. I received an offer that afternoon from Jon and I asked for two weeks to think about it and to talk to the guys I would be doing train up work with.

I asked everyone I talked to about the corporate culture because there are some negative reviews here on glassdoor. It really seems like the account managers have people skills and so do the field service techs, but everyone else on the back end is a nerd with no interpersonal skills. If this were my company I'd have someone with better interpersonal and HR skills arrange the hiring and interviews instead of the tech guys.

I spoke with their tech guys for the area I interviewed for and they said that it's a different corporate culture, but if you do well in the field alone all you need to do is talk to your account representative and do your 2-3 jobs a week and be available for emergency work and it's a great position.

Interview Questions

• Power electronics, SCR, IGBT, 3 phase bridge rectifier, transformer, Contactors, Breakers, inductors, LC filter, RC filter, and relays.   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at DC Group in January 2016.

Interview

This was the strangest interview experience. The process was typical but some of the comments and discussions were strange and gave off a bad vibe. Even though the starting salary was tempting, I could see red flags in the culture and management.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at DC Group (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2016.

Interview

Had an initial phone screen with the hiring Manager. Discussion went well and we moved onto an in person interview. This lasted about 45-minutes and was more about the company than how I would benefit them. I was bored already. I followed up, however, and was given a 2nd interview with the same Manager. He stated he felt this position wasn't for me but they had another opportunity they wanted me to consider. I became engaged at the opportunity. Just so happened I had applied for that position, as well as the one I had been interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• Would you be interested in this other role?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at DC Group.

Interview

Jon Frank asks a question then you wait 5 minutes for the next question. He was not prepared and he really make you feel uncomfortable when you are interviewing. This by far was the worst interview I have ever been thru.

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at DC Group.

Interview

Initial interview with owner Jon Frank. He was odd to say the least. Almost non communicative

Interview Questions

• I was asked to write an essay as to why I wanted to work at DC Group   Answer Question

Negotiation

The salary is very low but I did get him to come up two thousand dollars off the $32K base. Commission structure was not even explained.

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DC Group (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2014.

Interview

I went through the phone and in person interview process finishing with my last conversation with the CEO, Jon Frank. This interaction was awkward, degrading, and intrusive. Jon attitude and demeanor reflected horribly on the company. I knew that working for Jon would be difficult as soon as he did not great me or make eye contact when I entered his office!

Interview Questions

• Every question that was asked did not have an answer that was going to be good enough especially questions regarding prospecting styles.   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at DC Group (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2014.

Interview

several interviews with management and with the CEO. Both management and CEO were very professional and courteous. I felt the process was fair and to the point. It was streamlined so it was not too many interviews which was nice.

Interview Questions

• very detailed and fair to the position   1 Answer