DC Group Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
DC Group President and CEO Jon Frank
Jon Frank

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great work-life balance and options for choosing your own hours (in 7 reviews)

• Amazing culture where you are surrounded by people who support you and are willing to help you grow (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • At times, the work environment can get very busy and stressful (in 8 reviews)

• Regardless if you are in sales or account management, you are asked to lie to clients to either get the business or keep it (in 7 reviews)

1. "I look forward to going to work everyday!"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at DC Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

What I enjoy most about working at DC Group are the people, the service that the company has to offer and the opportunity for unlimited earning potential. DC Group employs the greatest technical team in the industry complimented by department leaders who are intelligent in their roles and supportive to the rest of the company. As a member of the sales team, the biggest pro to my specific role is that the company has been built to be an innovative leader in the industry and the competition falls short in comparison what DC Group has to offer. There is no limit placed on the potential to earn tiered commissions and those percentages increase the more sales that you bring into the company.

Cons

There are no immediate cons that come to mind about working at DC Group.

Advice to Management

My advice to management is to just keep up the great work. You guys do great in your roles and have really developed solid teams all around to support the company. The specific departments within the company work extremely well together, continue to push multi-department interactions. We have also done several group outings and special events this year and I would continue participating in those as well as they are a favorite among the employees.

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Dallas, TX

I have been working at DC Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

DC Group is a great company to work for. The CEO, Jon Frank, is very forward thinking and innovative in the industry. His knowledge and experience is invaluable when it comes to sales and negotiating contracts. The company is built on strong family values and maintains a very positive, customer focused work environment. The responsiveness to customer needs and providing excellent service is what sets DC Group apart in the industry.

Cons

If there is an issue, Jon addresses it and make adjustments. He is open to new ideas and proactive vs reactive.

"Awesome Place to Work!!!!!"

I have been working at DC Group full-time

Pros

A great place for a sales person as DC Group has the best in the industry tools and services to beat all of their competitors. So, the sale is not so difficult as other industries I have worked in. The management is also very friendly and supportive.

Cons

Don't know any so far.

Advice to Management

Keep the training and continuing educations going.

I have been working at DC Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun Work Environment
    Good Pay
    Comprehensive Benefits Package
    Industry Leading Innovation
    Grest Work/Life Balance

Cons

At this point, I do not see any.

"Great place to Learn and Grow!!!"

I have been working at DC Group full-time

Pros

DC Group is a great place to learn and grow professionally!!! I have been with DC Group for over 2 years and the CEO Jon Frank has great knowledge in the industry and he is a great leader. The people here are 1 team and all like to help one another to grow the company.

Cons

Nothing I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you do you are great leaders!

"sales"

I have been working at DC Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I could not be happier with DC Group. I have been in sales for 20 plus years and started a DC Group last year and have been compensated for my work like no other company. The management is great and treats everyone with respect and tries to help each other out in all aspects. The industry is very robust and if you want to work hard DC Group has the reputation and tools to make a sales person job easier than most.

Cons

At first it takes some time to build your pipeline but if you stick to it the rewards are worth it.

Advice to Management

Keep the training going throughout the year as it is a technical sale.

"Great company! Outstanding team!"

Current Employee - Current Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Current Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at DC Group full-time

Pros

The team at DC Group is amazing! Everyone is so helpful and supportive. Whenever I need help on a project or have a question, I know that I can reach out to my co-workers for assistance.

Our CEO is very knowledgeable about the industry and provides great leadership to the company!

DC Group has a gym on site, free parking ramp, great benefits, paid holidays, and paid time off. New cubes were recently installed throughout the office!

Cons

Nothing. I enjoy working at this company!

Advice to Management

We have great managers! They are helpful and easy to get along with.

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at DC Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Other employees are willing to help train!

Cons

CEO is a micro-manager, he practices and excels at fear based management. CEO sets unrealistic expectations and unobtainable goals and will yell at employees on a regular basis and oftentimes in a group setting.
    There is no job security and employees are made to feel very insecure and disposable.

Advice to Management

Believe in your employees! Allow them to "learn" and "grow" as you state in your many advertisements and they will bring you success!

"Don't waste your time"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at DC Group (More than a year)

Pros

Base was ok but now has been lowered for new employees.

Cons

Leadership doesn't treat employees well and threats + frequent firings are always happening. CEO fires sales manager every 12-15 months. Even if you land huge account, they won't keep you around long enough to collect your commission.

Advice to Management

It won't be heard or appreciated so I won't bother!

"Seems great at first...."

I have been working at DC Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Teamwork between the sales team is great, mostly friendly coworkers, good pay for a job coming out of college, some freedom in work life balance.

Cons

The turnover is outrageous, and not just because people choose to leave...I also received barely any training and was thrown into the job expecting to know what to do. The meetings are pointless, and the CEO can be a real jerk that doesn't know how to respect or handle employees. Don't ask him questions or else you will be let go/verbally reamed. Managers will also refuse to stick up for you or themselves if it means they are risking their job, which they usually are. Feels like I could lose my job easily. Very scary.

Advice to Management

Bring in a CEO that can talk to employees and handle them in a respectful way. Listen to your employees. Having that improved could improve turnover so much.