DC Group Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
DC Group President and CEO Jon Frank
Jon Frank

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Nobody seems stressed out, they are very willing to help each other out (in 4 reviews)

• Account Managers and Sales were amazing at their jobs (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • At times, the work environment can get very busy and stressful (in 8 reviews)

• Regardless if you are in sales or account management, you are asked to lie to clients to either get the business or keep it (in 7 reviews)

1. "Field Service Engineer"

Former Employee - Field Service Engineer in Roseville, CA
    Former Employee - Field Service Engineer in Roseville, CA

I worked at DC Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great employer to work for. Had good benefits, fair pay with good raises from year to year.

Cons

Its field service, so lots of nights on the job.

Advice to Management

Management was great.

2. "Why not?"

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at DC Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun environment in new building.

Cons

None. You make it your own.

3. "sales executive"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at DC Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have worked for DC Group's main competitor and I am so pleased I cede to DC Group. It is far more superior than my previous company. DC Group actually has the support and management to assist me in the sale. Jon Frank who founded the company actually is hands on in the sales department and helps me routinely with his guidance and expertise. He also developed state of the art tools to interface with the UPS units that has never been done before. He is a pleasure to work with and I truly feel at home here. The commission program at DC Group is the most lucrative in the industry and I feel I can actually meet my goals here. All I can say is that I am totally blessed for working at a company like DC Group and highly recommend to anyone that wants to meet their professional goals.

Cons

At this point the only advice I have is to have more administrative support on paperwork and renewals so I can just Sell all day!!

Advice to Management

Keep being innovative and you will stay the Industry Leader!!!!!

"Everyone is quiting"

Current Employee - Client Relations Manager in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Client Relations Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at DC Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nothing, can't find one positive thing to say here. I would run away as fast as possible! Do not work here.

Cons

This place is a joke. Everyone is looking for jobs. People quit or get fired everyday. The owner is so out of it!

Advice to Management

Leave people alone and let them do their jobs!

"Run, don't walk"

Former Employee - Client Relations Manager in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Client Relations Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at DC Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are some good core people here who work really hard. Only other positive is if you need to learn business acumen, you will learn it here- that is if you stay that long.

Cons

Where to start.
    There are prior sales reps right now suing the CEO for their commissions and wrongful termination because he continually fires sales reps right before POs come in so he doesn't need to pay commissions. It's been going on for years, so don't think you're going to make any large commissions here.
    Keep your head down, don't win too large of a contract, make your 50 calls a day and prepare to be demeaned by the sociopath of a CEO, and you'll keep your job.
    Account Managers have no true manager and are completely overworked.
    Favoritism among senior sales reps- There are a few sales reps who Jon has basically declared the face of the company, and only those reps travel.

Regardless if you are in sales or account management, you are asked to lie to clients to either get the business or keep it.
    Oh, and PS, no training, You're on your own.
    No opportunity for advancement.

Advice to Management

Value your people, the end, Jon Frank needs to be removed from day to day operations and get a few key people in to manage.
    This place has lost so many great sales reps because the CEO is a sociopath, and that is not an exaggeration by any means.

6. "A Company to be Reckoned With!!"

I have been working at DC Group full-time

Pros

DC Group is truly a company to be reckoned with! A leader in the critical power industry, they have recently developed cutting edge software to help both DC Group and the customers improve their UPS maintenance and monitoring. CEO Jon Frank is very knowledgeable in the industry and when you are on board and working hard he will do everything he can to make sure you do as well! Managers are very approachable and will do everything they can to assist you in being successful. There are many tools and software in each department to help you be successful as well.

The newly constructed and renovated office provides a great place and atmosphere to work and enjoy the company of your co-workers. Also, a great location to access from all areas of the Twin Cities.

Cons

At times the departments need to communicate better and work more as a team.

You can help!

Advice to Management

Keep up the hard work!

7. "Great place to work; amazing career opportunities!"

I have been working at DC Group full-time

Pros

Great company with amazing career opportunities, hardworking employees, and fun work environment.

The company is a leader in the critical power industry. The CEO, Jon Frank, is very knowledgeable about the technology and continues to develop new ways to provide the best service.

Great salary, bonuses, and PTO. The paid holidays throughout the year are awesome!

The company offers a great benefits package- medical, dental, health savings account, life insurance, 401(k).

Beautiful new building with a parking ramp and spacious work areas. Paved walk/bike paths right outside the building. Easy access to the interstate and bus line.

Cons

At times, the work environment can get very busy and stressful. However, you quickly learn how to prioritize projects and develop strong time management skills.

Advice to Management

More collaboration and communication between the departments would help the overall company.

8. "Best Company in Minneapolis"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at DC Group full-time

Pros

I have worked at several Fortune 500 companies and DC Group has topped my experience at both because of the vision and professionalism the company embodies. First and foremost the CEO Jon Frank) has put together technology that has putting DC Group on the map on the national level that is first in the industry. There is great opportunities and the working environment is fun and challenging. Incentives have helped me bring in extra income that has helped my family.

Cons

The company is growing fast so some of the departments are struggling to keep up with the demand. However, they are hiring now.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"Think long and hard before choosing DC Group"

Current Employee - Regional Account Manager in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Regional Account Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at DC Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- The Account Management team is made up of a lot of hard working individuals that go out of their way to support each other.
    - Tons of opportunity to make money above base salary through inside sales commissions, monthly performance bonuses and "On-Call Account Manager" shifts.
    - Two casual dress days per week with some monthly activities in an attempt to improve morale.
    - You are mostly left to manage your region as you see fit. As long as you are performing, management will completely leave you alone.
    - Brand new office building that is actually very nice.

Cons

- VERY low morale company-wide.
    - The CEO Jon Frank is the most narcissistic sociopath you will ever meet. So much so that he claims he started the company by himself to employeeswhen it is well known and documented that it was started by his father back in 1991 while Jon was busy spending his time as a DJ well into the 2000s.
    -The only department that matters to the company is the Sales department, who has been under performing for years due to their "turn and burn" philosophy. Other departments are treated like second class citizens.
    - Weak Management. They are not honest/transparent with the CEO as they are afraid of how he will react. This makes any suggestions for improvement impossible to implement.
    - Uninformed decisions and judgments are made by the CEO, who then throws personal attacks at employees. The facts of a situation are not relevant to him in any way.

Advice to Management

Be a MANAGER rather than Jon Frank's "Yes Man". If this company is going to actually improve, it falls on your shoulders to stand by your team and go to bat for them.

"Worst job I've ever had"

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at DC Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free parking
    Free coffee
    Nice amenities
    Most of the employees there are friendly and helpful when you're new

Cons

There isn't enough time for me to list them all, but I'll do my best:

The CEO- The most pompous, arrogant, rude, awkward human being on the planet.

You clock in and out, yet you're a "salary employee".

The accounts and leads you get have been called by several people. I had many people say they were not interested because 5 other sales people have called them in the last year.

There is no training program. For such a technical company, you are expected to teach yourself or bother other people with questions.

Account reviews- I'm all for getting feedback on how I'm doing and even coaching, but these monthly reviews were just verbal bashings by the CEO. No matter how well you do, don't be surprised if you're sworn at, told to shut up and completely belittled.

The high turnover rate- If you've read any of these reviews, it's not a secret. They fire everyone. If you're not lucky enough to stick around for a few months, trust me you'll quit. I witnessed the CEO turn several optimistic, fun loving people into negative, frustrated frumps.

I also wanted to address the fake reviews. They pop up right after a bad one is posted. They are not real! The CEO has his minions post good reviews so that potential new hires aren't completely scared off.

If you're even considering working at DC Group, please reconsider. It is not a healthy work environment and you're better off not putting yourself through the torture.

Advice to Management

There's no hope unless Jon Frank sells the company.