DFS Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at DFS Group

2.8

PHP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at DFS Group (San Diego, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

phone interview basic questions didn't want to proceed to next step

Interview Questions

• Why do you want work for the company   2 Answers

Offer was to low

Assistant Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at DFS Group (San Francisco, CA) in February 2009.

Interview

Initial phone interview to review qualifications. Second phone conversation with specific scripted questions. Next was interview with several managers from the department.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very reasonable, nothing remarkable.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DFS Group (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

there were two round interviews. the first one was with their global vp and they were just some basic questions. I waited for a week to get into second round interview, which was with a hiring manager from merchandise group. they were some basic questions too.

Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DFS Group (San Francisco, CA) in August 2009.

Interview

Three interviews in total:

The first was face-to-face. The interviewer was very polite and easy to talk to. This interview took about an hour and basically went over my previous experience, education, and ability to do the job.

The second was a two hour phone interview that was recorded. Asked many different personality questions. Same interviewer, friendly. Positive.

The third discussed pay.

Interview Questions

• If you suspected a coworker was abusing alcohol, but it wasn't affecting their work, how would you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • On a scale of 1 to 10, how honest are you?   2 Answers

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at DFS Group (Torrance, CA) in February 2019.

Interview

I applied through a temp agency. Was interviewed two days later. Face to face interview was about my experience, work habits and took about twenty minutes. I was extremely honest and my references had backed up my self evaluation.

Interview Questions

• What is your ideal workload?   1 Answer
    • How comfortable are you with excel and powerpoint?   1 Answer
    • Are you a quick learner?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DFS Group (Phila, PA) in November 2017.

Interview

All happened via text on hangouts. Standard questions. Nothing off the wall. It was a pleasant experience. I would recommend this to others. I am excited to start this position.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DFS Group (San Diego, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

Phone screen and then on site interview.
    They did a group panel interview. It's a good experience overall.There is also a store walk thru session to let candidate know the working environment.

Front Desk Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at DFS Group (San Francisco, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Very nice group of people that interviewed me. They were very complimentary and offered me a beverage. I could tell that they were very good at communication, which was a plus from where I came from before. Also offered a sign on bonus, which I accepted.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DFS Group (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

phone interview from HR
    team managerinterview
    30minutes
    very friendly and nice
     It was a 3 interview process. I first met with 2 separate store managers that were recruiting at the time. My third a final interview was with the District Manager.et the offer....

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamtramck Post Office, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at DFS Group (Hamtramck Post Office, MI) in November 2018.

Interview

Positive. Once the application has been selected and reviewed, they will be able make you take the online test.. Additionally, organized and proctored interview on their premises.

Start with generalized questions. Begin by asking a few questions about a candidate’s background and interest in the position. Get candidates to tell you about how they see themselves in relation to the job and what they can contribute.
    Review the applicant’s resume. Ask candidates about specific positions on their resume that relate to the position you are hiring for. Ask them about job details, responsibilities, what they accomplished, pressures they encountered. Ask about any inconsistencies or gaps in employment or education, as there may be a simple explanation. Ask about the candidate’s reasons for leaving a past or current job.
    Ask some consistent questions. Use a specific set of questions for all applicants. This will help you to compare candidates and find the one whose skills and abilities most closely match what you’re looking for.
    Vary your questions. It’s important that you ask questions on skills specifically related to the duties and responsibilities of the position. This will help you uncover candidates’ strengths and weaknesses. Don’t forget that open-ended questions are best during interviews, such as “What was the most difficult challenge of your last job?”

Interview Questions

• Classifiers and the latest machine learning research and about latest machine learning papers, techniques etc   1 Answer