DGA Security Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 8, 2017

2.6

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DGA Security Systems (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

The recruiter was beyond persistent although I told him that I already accepted an offer with another company, he insisted that I give DGA Security a try and I did. The recruiter must have called me at least 5x a day and I was employed at the time. I felt like I was being stalked. I looked at the company’s website and it sparked my interest. The company promotes growth advancement, career pathing, and a work-life balance. It was exactly what I was looking for. The recruiter explained to me that they have a process and he asked me to take a test based on sales questions and logic that takes at least 45 min. If I passed I would make it to the in-person interview. I have never heard of such a thing but I proceeded and scored a 97! I missed work to take time to meet with the HR rep. I waited 30 min. Here comes the HR rep, who asked me 101 questions in a 30 min time span. That’s 1 hr gone! I was supposed to meet with a sales manager but he was unavailable. The typical interview questions that you can find online. Nothing creative or out of the ordinary. He then asked me to take an assessment of 40 questions consisting of mostly math (my biggest weakness), and I only had 12 min to take it. I definitely wasn’t prepared and got very nervous because I kept thinking how can I answer 40 questions in 12 minutes. You cannot use a calculator. I failed miserably but after all the phone calls/emails and back and forth it was truly a waste of my time. I never got a courtesy call or email to thank me for my time or that I was not going to make it to the next level of their process. I just did not hear back from anyone. They do not prepare you for this and it was very uncomfortable. I have a couple of friends who I work with now and one of them has 7 years of experience in their industry and he failed the first online test. This guy is a sales beast and is on his way to Presidents Club at the company that we currently work for! The other guy declined the offer because he felt that the environment was too uptight. It sounds like this company is missing out on tons of great sales people for nonsense. No wonder they always have a position open.

Full Stack Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DGA Security Systems (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied in April 2017. I had a phone interview that lasted about 10 minutes. They quickly asked me about my background and invited me onsite in the interview. The interviewer was very friendly and nice. They seemed to be in a rush to hire. I had to decline the onsite interview, as I already had a pending offer and didn't have availability.

Monitoring Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Union, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DGA Security Systems (Union, NJ) in August 2016.

Interview

Four step interview process: The first is a phone interview with a representative from HR. The second was a group introduction to the company, culture, and benefits of working immediately followed by a short test on basic math and language skills. After some of the group are dismissed the second part is a short typing test to gauge computer ability on speed and errors in typing. The final step was two interviews, the first with a recruiter and the second with a department head in the building.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have dealing with customers?   1 Answer

Installer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DGA Security Systems.

Interview

I applied online then after a week or so; the recruiter contacted me over the phone to arrange the meeting. We met at the their HR office, where we spoke about the DGA and how the great the company is. After the HR introduction/interview I had to take two tests such as the IQ and low voltage/electronics test. Then they make copy of your driver's license and son, so they could obtain your background checks. Usually within a week the background check is done, so expect to receive the call within one after after HR's interview.
    After a week, I got a call from the HR and they told me to come and stop by the DGA office to finalize the interview process with the installation department, where you would probably speak to two or more people.

Interview Questions

• There was not any besides Why did you pick DGA? and Why do you want to work for? Which is could be answered easily by rephrasing the HR's introduction.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They are firm on the pay.

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at DGA Security Systems.

Interview

Phone interview, interview with HR then a sales manager. final interview with the owner of the company. Not a difficult interview process, just be well dressed and clean shaven. Wear a white shirt and suit/tie. Very conservative dress and very judgmental about that.

Installer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DGA Security Systems (New York, NY).

Interview

First Interview was fairly straight foward, small talk with the human resource rep and then given an exam to take, I was scheduled for a second interview where I met with one person who interviewed me and asked various questions related to my experience and then met with the departments manager.

Interview Questions

Not willing to negotiate on wage.

Inventory Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DGA Security Systems (New York, NY) in December 2013.

Interview

Very easy and friendly HR woman. Dont put on a show, just be yourself. one on one interview. Small 3 part computer test of personality descriptions, all you have to do is choose which you feel the company expects of you and which you feel describe you.

Interview Questions

• None at all. Everything asked of you is from your resume.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked for 40K, i was offered 38K. After one month of hard work they saw my work ethics and gave me 40k.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at DGA Security Systems (New York, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

Prior to the interview, I completed a sales questionnaire, which was over 100 questions and took about 45 minutes. The interview starts with an introduction to the HR Manager, who is nice and will ask many of the standard interview questions. The conversation with him was pretty in-depth and lasted about 30-45 minutes. Following the interview with him, I was given a multiple choice test that seemed to be focused on math and vocabulary. Next, I answered some simple personality questions. And finally, I met with the Inside Sales Manager for about 10-15 minutes. He was very laid back and easy to talk to--much less formal than the HR Director. The entire process took 2 hours.

Interview Questions

The base salary for sales associates is between $40-50k plus commissions.

Accounts Receivable Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at DGA Security Systems (New York, NY) in March 2010.

Interview

After submitting my resume, I was called and asked for an interview. I met with the recruiter Gregg and was asked to take a timed IQ test. I did well and immediately met with the CFO. I was called back for a second interview and met with one of the VPs. Everyone I met was very nice. I appreciated that Gregg knew I was employed and interviewing on my lunch break, so made an effort to speed things up. Also I feel that a lot of companies want references from your current employer, which is impossible if they do not know I am looking for a new job. DGA was understanding about not contacting my current employer for a reference.

Negotiation

I was not able to get more than what was being offered, but it was still a large increase from my previous job so I was happy. Try to get a little more money because it is a tough job!