DRT Strategies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DRT Strategies Interview Questions

Updated Dec 2, 2016

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at DRT Strategies (Washington, DC) in November 2016.

Interview

STAY AWAY from this company. On two separate occasions I made it to the final stage in the hiring process and when it came time to issue a formal offer letter they offered me significantly less ($20k+) than the range established before the interviews. Came up with an excuse about "internal equity" of current employees. They are an unprofessional company and dishonest. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME. Trust me, you'll thank me later.

Interview Questions

• Do not bother looking at Glassdoor for interview questions.. there are plenty of other companies out there.   Answer Question

Lied about salary they could offer. Mentioned a range of $85-100k on two separate opportunities and offered significantly lower at $60k both times. Only reason why I entertained the second opportunity was because the recruiter mentioned he "wouldn't waste my time if I couldn't get you in the range you are seeking." Turned out to be a complete lie and wasted months of my time. DO NOT even entertain an opportunity with this company because it'll most likely be a phony offer that they can't deliver on.

DRT Strategies Response

Feb 13, 2017 – Director of HR

It is unfortunate to hear you had a dissatisfying interview process with DRT. Our recruiters do the utmost to provide a positive experience for all candidates. Thank you for providing feedback as ... More

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at DRT Strategies (Washington, DC) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process was amazing. A quite experienced professional recruiter; expectations communicated well in advance, clear and precise communication in every stage of the interview process; and right on time. The recruiting team was quite responsive to all questions and comments about the DRT management team, benefits and corporate culture.

Interview Questions

• Keys to collaborative organizational culture
      Team work
      Federal agency experience
      Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Phone interview screen followed by a three-person interview session which lasted about 1.5 hours.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a recent experience when you had to work with limited information and/or resources?   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DRT Strategies (Arlington, VA).

Interview

I had a phone pre-screen with the Recruiter which went well. After the interview she was not very responsive at all but once I was able to get in touch with her, she assured me that she was trying to get me in for an interview. I came in for 2 interviews - first with 2 Senior Managers and second with another Senior Manager. The offer process took almost 3 weeks but finally it worked out.

Senior Associate (Business Analyst) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at DRT Strategies (Silver Spring, MD) in January 2013.

Interview

The interview process was quite painless. It consisted of:
    I was contacted by the recruiter.
    The recruiter put me in contact with the person that would be conducting my technical interview. I interviewed with the technical lead for quite a long time. We had similar backgrounds and was able to converse quite easily.
    I was scheduled for a face to face with management that went quite well.
    A job offer was made less than 24 hours later.
    Job accepted and I am a happy camper!

Interview Questions

• 3 Things You Want to Achieve?
      How has your education prepared you for your career?
      Have you ever had a conflict with a boss or professor? How was it resolved?
      If you had to live your life over again, what one thing would you change?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

I was asked what my dream number (compensation was) so I aimed high and they met me in the middle, which was where I wanted to be.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DRT Strategies (Arlington, VA) in February 2012.

Interview

I was first contacted by a recruiter in San Diego. She was very friendly and informative. We scheduled a phone interview and I received enough information to feel positive about the company and to want to learn more. She then scheduled an in person interview with me to meet with other team members in Arlington, VA. I met with three managers and the other recruiter. All were very informative as well and had a consistent message about the culture and environment of the company. After speaking with everyone I felt like this was definitely a company I wanted to work for. The company culture seemed collaborative, positive, and like everyone worked well as a team. The following week the recruiter called and offered me the position, which I accepted over the phone.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself (work related) that I won't find on your resume.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They do not negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DRT Strategies (Washington, DC) in March 2010.

Interview

Two weeks after submitting my resumes, a recruiter and exchanged email and we set up a phone interview. Someone from SD office interviewed me for a position in DC. Very general, nothing too specific or technical. I stumbled along the way as I didn't know my resume well enough. Lessons learned.

Program Office/Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at DRT Strategies (Arlington, VA) in November 2009.

Interview

Telephone interviewer picked the date and time, I said I would make myself available, so I don't know why she held my initial telephone screening while she was a) in a crowded conference room and b) while facing a wall. I could barely hear myself talk. She sounded young and it is a very small company (less than 50) so I chalked it up to the interviewer and the company being inexperienced and stretched very thin.

I was invited to come to Arlington, VA (suburb of DC) for a face-to-face interview with the owner. They knew I would need to fly in from out of town, that I was unemployed (massive lay off), and that I would be paying for travel expenses. My expectation was that I'd be at the office an entire day, so I could "get to know" them and they could "get to know" me. Certainly that would be worth my $500 travel expense. I was therefore shocked and insulted, once again, when the interview was cut short at 30 minutes. Again, I chalked it up to the interviewer and the company being inexperienced (at hiring) and stretched very thin.

They did not offer me an application to complete or fill out and I do believe, in retrospect, that they really were never that interested in hiring me. Why they would knowingly have an unemployed female (this is an 8A women-owned firm) waste $500 in this economy was as rude and inconsiderate as the first phone interview.

I did not hear back from them and after 2-3 weeks (way past the time they said they'd get back to me) I was told they were still interviewing others and they'd let me know when that process was over. I basically replied "don't bother" and suggest you don't either.

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at DRT Strategies (Arlington, VA) in October 2009.

Interview

DRT Strategies called me to gauge my interest in a position after finding my resume online. After a five minute phone call, we set up a formal thirty minute phone interview. They were very polite and flexible with scheduling. The phone interview went well, with my interviewer feeling out my relevant experience. I had a chance to ask many questions about the type of work DRT does and the company culture. The next step was a 30-45 minute interview with the president at their office, which gave great insight into their company culture and values.

All told, I spoke with three members of DRT. Everyone was bright, energetic, and committed to their work. The recognition and respect they gave to their employees shone through, and I could not have been happier with the whole process.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DRT Strategies in March 2012.

Interview

I got a primary interview through a recruiter about an open position. I had never heard of this company prior to being contacted and it's pretty small with just over 100 employees. They definitely are experiencing growing pains and it clearly shows in their recruiters. Interview process went well, it was pretty laid back. Basically the interviewer just asked questions off of my resume and basic, weakness/strength questions. However after the interview recruiter contact fell off. Company came off as a kiddie operation, very unprofessional recruiters who don't follow up when they say they will. A simple email stating whether or not they were still interested would be the least they could provide. This company doesn't even list their job openings which is weird and makes me think there isn't an open position in the first place. You're better off applying at a more reputable company, I would follow the advice of a previous reviewer and don't waste your time with this company!