DTCC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DTCC (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was pretty efficient and quick. After applying It took about a week to hear back for the initial phone screen. Two weeks after the phone screen I went in for a office visit and received an offer the following week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Walk me through your resumé
      What are your career goals?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Corporate Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DTCC (Jersey City, NJ) in November 2017.

Interview

Had my resume sent in by a recruiter and was then contacted by a DTCC recruiter for an initial screening. After passing that I had a 2.5 hour in person interview with the strategy team as well as Corporate Development.

The team itself is great and it seems like a good working environment but HR absolutely dropped the ball. Despite being told that they were looking to make a decision the night after I interviewed it was radio silence for weeks. Leaving the interview I thought an offer was 50/50 at best but my rejection arrived in the form of an automatically generated email instead of a call or even personal email from HR. Incredibly unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral/personality questions (I.e “talk about a time when...l”, “tell us feedback past managers have given.”)
      Additional questions related to the role, what strategic work I had done in the past, and my view on the industry as a whole.   Answer Question

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DTCC (New York, NY).

Interview

Casual interview process with the department I worked with. I can't speak for other departments though. There was a lengthy interview and hiring process through recruiters and various background check requirements. See additional descriptors in other parts of this review.

Negotiation

Easy negotiation, I was wanted.

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coppell, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at DTCC (Coppell, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

Phone interview was weak and very sales like. Onsite interview started with threats and insults. Technical content was minimal. Arguments among the two interviewers occurred two times. Denied I could to what I told them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your last job.   1 Answer

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DTCC (Tampa, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

Normally starts with an HR screening and if you're successful it will be followed by phone interview then an onsite interview by the hiring manager. The onsite interview maybe a group/panel or single or could be a combination of both.

Audit Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DTCC (New York, NY) in November 2009.

Interview

Interviewed with HR who offered an overview of the company, but did not know too much about the role. Manager explained the role in a one to one interview/.

Interview Questions

• How would you tackle a certain issue that they are currently facing   1 Answer

Sr. Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at DTCC.

Interview

A 30 mins interview. Scheduled with the recruiter. Talked about my previous experiences and my future plans. Basic behavior questions, but focus a lot on very detail things. The recruiter sounds very professional.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DTCC (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

First I had a very brief phone interview with the HR rep. We scheduled then a face to face interview with the hiring manager and her team. The lady from HR was very disorganized, forgot to confirm the interview, I had to follow up and re-schedule. Once in the office, again, a little bit disorganized. The lady from HR was first unable to find the conference room where the interview with the hiring manager and her team took place. Then the hiring manager was late, so a dude from the team started the interview. He was not prepared at all and obviously not motivated to conduct an interview. He actually didn't ask any questions. I basically ended up interviewing him, just to keep up the conversation. I didn't get an offer, in fact I didn't get any feedback after the interview (again HR lady probably working very sloppy), but I am not unhappy, this place looked unprofessional to me. Not to mention the office which looks like 20 years behind other offices on wall street.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at DTCC (Tampa, FL) in August 2013.

Interview

First a phone interview, then a face to face interview, then fingerprinted for a background check. If you get this far, you're good. They will low ball you so be prepared to high ball them. Use your best judgement and good luck. Sometimes the process can take a while but keep your chin up and go for it.

Interview Questions

• What are the specifics on how you dealt with conflict from a previous job.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at DTCC (New York, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

4 rounds of in person interviews, met with 4 people each round of interviews, all interviewers asked the exact same questions, there was an attempted video interview but DTCC technology didn't work twice, the firm insisted my interviews were at 7am each time, security took 20 minutes to go through each time, writing samples, a lot of waiting time between the interviews, fairly low offer with little negotiation

Interview Questions

• What can you do to improve our business   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Interview

One interview over the phone and one in person at their local office. The phone was with my future manager. The in person interview was with my future director who left a month after I started

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have?   1 Answer