DTCC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DTCC (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was pretty efficient and quick. After applying It took about a week to hear back for the initial phone screen. Two weeks after the phone screen I went in for a office visit and received an offer the following week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Walk me through your resumé
      What are your career goals?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DTCC (Jersey City, NJ) in April 2018.

Interview

I was contacted by their internal recruiter via email to set up two 30 minute calls with two people who would be my direct bosses.

When the day arrived, the first woman i was supposed to speak with completely ghosted. The second person I was supposed to speak with called me late. He told me a bit about the job and generally seemed to have no personality. He became extremely flustered and defensive when I asked about the person who I would be replacing (which is a very legitimate question). He also asked if anyone at my current job knows I'm in the job market because he would need to speak with someone. I told him that is extremely premature considering I haven't even met anyone at DTCC yet and only had half of the calls by this point that I should have had. Considering the impression DTCC made by not handling a phone interview with consideration for my time, I was very offput that he had the audacity to basically demand to talk to my current job at this stage.

I was contacted by the internal recruiter a few days later saying the man I talked to liked me and that they wanted to set up another call with the inconsiderate woman who ghosted me the first time.

I told them thanks but no thanks and withdrew my application to pursue other things.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DTCC (Dallas, TX) in March 2018.

Interview

A 30 minute phone interview asking about my past experiences. This was followed by an onsite behavioral interview with two groups of employees. Overall the process was pretty relaxed and not stressful.

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DTCC (Jersey City, NJ) in February 2018.

Interview

I applied online and had a simple first round phone call soon after. It was only 15 minutes and asked behavioral questions only. I was contacted for an in-person interview a few days later. After the in-person interview, I received an offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• My manager did most of the talking. She asked what my skills were and that was the only real question I remember being asked.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DTCC (Tampa, FL) in February 2018.

Interview

I applied online and received an email from HR a few days later. We set up a phone interview.
    I was told I would be interviewed by the hiring manager, but when I got the call, there were at least 4 or 5 other managers on the call. This was not a problem for me, but everyone, including the hiring manager were extremely rude. They don't listen to you or even make an attempt to listen to you. They don't even respond correctly when you answer a question.

Global Operations Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at DTCC.

Interview

Met recruiter at college job fair. She reached out to me a few months after. Talked with one person for 15 minutes and then had 2 two-person interviews via Skype.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DTCC (Jersey City, NJ) in January 2018.

Interview

First, went through initial phone screen, where they asked pretty basic questions about yourself and some behavioral questions. Was then asked backed for a second in person interview. This was back to back 30 minute interviews talking to 4 different people. It was pretty long but the people were extremely nice and the questions they asked were very basic.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a group project you were involved in and what was the outcome of it.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DTCC.

Interview

Applied online. Phone screen with HR came first. Then, first round interview with department representative followed by second rounds with three other individuals. Great people on the business side. HR very, very unprofessional.

Corporate Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DTCC (Jersey City, NJ) in November 2017.

Interview

Had my resume sent in by a recruiter and was then contacted by a DTCC recruiter for an initial screening. After passing that I had a 2.5 hour in person interview with the strategy team as well as Corporate Development.

The team itself is great and it seems like a good working environment but HR absolutely dropped the ball. Despite being told that they were looking to make a decision the night after I interviewed it was radio silence for weeks. Leaving the interview I thought an offer was 50/50 at best but my rejection arrived in the form of an automatically generated email instead of a call or even personal email from HR. Incredibly unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral/personality questions (I.e “talk about a time when...l”, “tell us feedback past managers have given.”)
      Additional questions related to the role, what strategic work I had done in the past, and my view on the industry as a whole.   Answer Question

Internal Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DTCC (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online, and about two months later received an email from the person in charge of conducting interviews. It was a standard process and I selected the time and date of the phone interview. I did a phone interview, and it lasted 20 minutes. The questions were standard, and they asked questions pertaining to the information posted on the resume.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about the company?   1 Answer
    • Describe your completed coursework and the type of work that would be required of the job.   1 Answer
    • What are some of your previous projects and how have you contributed to them?   1 Answer

Tax Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DTCC.

Interview

It was a phone interview. The process went really smooth. The process is about 20 mins. I was interviewed for the New Jersey office position. The HR of DTCC is located in Southern part of the states.