Dana-Farber Cancer Institute Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 22, 2017

2.8

Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (Boston, MA).

Interview

Talked to a recruiter/ administrative assistant on the phone for some basic questions such as "what are your 3 best skills". Interviewed in person with head of department and then had an informal interview with person who was leaving that role.

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (Boston, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

Standard interview procedure- two in person interviews and one interview over the phone. Whole process took only a week. The staff here is very friendly even during interviews. Over the phone interview was only general hr questions while the in person interviews asked more relevant questions. No questions were meant to trip you up however.

Administrator II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (Boston, MA).

Interview

3 rounds of interviews with the different departments you would be in communication with. It was typical cookie cutter interview questions. At least 2 hours. By the end it was exhausting being asked the same questions by the different groups.

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest challenge and biggest accomplishment. What can you bring to this company? What are your long term goals?   Answer Question

Laboratory Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

I saw the job posting and contacted them directly via email. An hour later they emailed back for an in person interview. After 2.5 hours of interview with a MD and a Deputy Director, they contacted my references right that day. The next day (Friday) I scheduled to interview with the PI on Monday at noon. Monday afternoon I was offered the position. It was a very smooth and efficient process.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

Met with everyone in the lab briefly, and we discussed ongoing projects in the laboratory. Everyone was pleasant, receptive, and they gave me a tour of their facilities. Definitely be up-to-date on the relevant literature to their lab's work and be prepared with questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (Boston, MA).

Interview

They have an extremely long interview process. They ask you to block out at least 2 hours to come in and essentially do what would be you first and second round interviews one after another.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.

Interview

One phone interview and two in-person interviews, held back-to-back. The phone interview was more or less just further explanation of the position. The first in-person interview was almost inappropriately informal - just sitting in a room with three other staff chatting. The second in-person interview was one-on-one and the interviewer asked a number of very simple questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself; What are your greatest strengths and weaknesses?; What are your career goals?.   Answer Question

Patient Access Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (Boston, MA).

Interview

Submitted my application, a few days later received an email from human resource to set up a phone interview. We set up a time. The day comes, the human resource woman calls me ahead of time to re-schedule the interview/make sure she has the right number, she tells me she'll call me back in a couple of hours. She never called back, didn't even email me. What a terrible way to do business. Was happy I accepted a position at another company instead.

Lead Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter by email to fill out a prescreening questionnaire. After that I was informed my file has been sent to the department and if there is interest I would be contacted by email. I got a response from the department the next week and scheduled a skype interview. Things went well and interview lasted a little over an hour. I was told they need me to speak to the Lab head who was away on tour for a couple of weeks. But I was contacted the very next week to setup time to talk to the lab head. Again another skype interview. It was merely a formality I felt and things went great. I was informed there are additional candidates to be interviewed and they would get back to me in a week. But within 3 days I was offered the job and I accepted gladly.

Interview Questions

• General questions about my experience. If I worked with animals, if I was ok with working on occasional weekends etc   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

it was relatively easy and standard postdoctoral research fellow interview for an academic position, i was invited to give presentation to research group, had 1:1 meetings with PI, other postdocs and graduate students. it was a full day process, and had lunch with all group. during the day, I was asked about my projects and my grad school life, and questions about my personality