Dana-Farber Cancer Institute Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dana-Farber Cancer Institute Interview Questions

Updated Oct 10, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (Boston, MA) in October 2017.

Interview

Contacted by HR to set up a phone interview, then contacted by lab manager to come into the lab to meet lab members and tour the lab, was then offered the position

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (Boston, MA).

Interview

I received an email from the lab manager asking for more information and references. The PI then requested a Skype interview, which was followed a week later by an in person interview with the laboratory manager.

Research Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.

Interview

1. Screening interview with a member from HR.
    The interview with the member of HR lasted approximately thirty minutes. The interviewer was very pleasant and asked non-technical questions.
    2. Interview with the PI in whose lab you would be working.
    The interview with the PI lasted an hour and was more technical. The interview focused on research background, skills, interests, and the project in the lab.

Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (Boston, MA).

Interview

Talked to a recruiter/ administrative assistant on the phone for some basic questions such as "what are your 3 best skills". Interviewed in person with head of department and then had an informal interview with person who was leaving that role.

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (Boston, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

Standard interview procedure- two in person interviews and one interview over the phone. Whole process took only a week. The staff here is very friendly even during interviews. Over the phone interview was only general hr questions while the in person interviews asked more relevant questions. No questions were meant to trip you up however.

Administrator II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (Boston, MA).

Interview

3 rounds of interviews with the different departments you would be in communication with. It was typical cookie cutter interview questions. At least 2 hours. By the end it was exhausting being asked the same questions by the different groups.

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest challenge and biggest accomplishment. What can you bring to this company? What are your long term goals?   Answer Question

Laboratory Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

I saw the job posting and contacted them directly via email. An hour later they emailed back for an in person interview. After 2.5 hours of interview with a MD and a Deputy Director, they contacted my references right that day. The next day (Friday) I scheduled to interview with the PI on Monday at noon. Monday afternoon I was offered the position. It was a very smooth and efficient process.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

Met with everyone in the lab briefly, and we discussed ongoing projects in the laboratory. Everyone was pleasant, receptive, and they gave me a tour of their facilities. Definitely be up-to-date on the relevant literature to their lab's work and be prepared with questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (Boston, MA).

Interview

They have an extremely long interview process. They ask you to block out at least 2 hours to come in and essentially do what would be you first and second round interviews one after another.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.

Interview

One phone interview and two in-person interviews, held back-to-back. The phone interview was more or less just further explanation of the position. The first in-person interview was almost inappropriately informal - just sitting in a room with three other staff chatting. The second in-person interview was one-on-one and the interviewer asked a number of very simple questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself; What are your greatest strengths and weaknesses?; What are your career goals?.   Answer Question