Dana-Farber Cancer Institute Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dana-Farber Cancer Institute Interview Questions

Interviews at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute

2.7

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.

Interview

First, I had a phone interview with a member of the research team. I was then invited to a video interview to meet the team (conducted virtually, due to COVID-19). Then, I spoke with a recruiter. I sent in 5 references for the position. I had to follow up to be told that the position had been offered to another candidate.

Research Data Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (Boston, MA) in January 2020.

Interview

The process was around 3-4 weeks total. Started with a call from a project manager, followed with a 30 min phone call, then a 2 hour meeting with 4 people, ending with a screening from HR

Interview Questions

• What is an example of when you faced adversity, and how did you respond?   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (Boston, MA) in January 2020.

Interview

I thoroughly enjoyed my interview with the pharmacy team on site, however, I did find HR’s business practices to be questionable. I had references from my earliest days in pharmacy all the way through my current employer. That being said, HR “requested” a reference from a company who had been bought out 10 times over. I had not kept in touch and wasn’t able to locate anyone to be a reference. Due to that, none of my references were considered. The others were completely overlooked for something that was out of my control and I don’t feel that was taken into consideration. I found that unfair to the SIX other references that really went to bat for me and believe in me to be completely overlooked over something so trivial. If DFCI HR sees this, please revise your business practices if you want good talent. Faulting someone for something completely out of their control is unfair and isolating. I will advise others in the industry to really think about what DFCI
    is offering prior to applying. Pay is very low and the skill trade off isn’t worth the low pay and bad schedule. Also, HR uses the same pharmacy reps across all sites. Please look elsewhere unless you’re only looking to stay a short amount of time in the role.

Interview Questions

• Work history, skills acquired, I was not asked any behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Interview

After a preliminary interview with the group leader, I did an on-site interview for full day and had a chance to meet everyone in the group. I talked to each person for about 30 minutes.

Research Technician Interview

Interview

I was the last to be interviewed by the head of the laboratory I was applying to work for. She was extremely pleasant and nice throughout. She showed me around the labs towards the end, but I did not get the position. I was not experienced in animal husbandry, which was a primary responsibility for the technician role.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.

Interview

Phone interview followed by an in person 2 hour interview. They were accommodating and laid back. I met with 5 people in total, including my possible peers. The PI sought my opinion and recommendations to hypothetical team projects, issues.

Regulatory Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (Boston, MA).

Interview

Application HR phone screen, departmentvphone screen, in person department interview, reference check discussion with HR and withdrew application. Very friendly bright high achieving staff. No faculty were there. Unique in references were requested first via email survey. Requested five references within 24 hours of receiving the emailed reference check form.

Interview Questions

• Can you commit to more than one year oin what is considered an important but transitional/ early career role?   1 Answer

Licensing Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.

Interview

People were friendly and welcome. They tried to smoothen the process for you. First had two individual meetings with two seniors. Then was invited to meet the team on-site in several 1-1 meetings.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you dealt with uncertainty/ambiguity.
      Tell me about a time when you disagreed with a team member.   Answer Question

Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (Boston, MA).

Interview

The whole process took about a week. No phone interview. There was a huge lack of communication between their hiring manager and the talent acquisition team which led to a negative experience. I received an email from the talent acquisition team asking about my availability for an on-site interview. I let them know about my availability and two days after, I received an email from the hiring manager asking why I didn't show up to the interview!!! I explained the situation and told him that I actually never received a confirmation email about the date or time of the interview. They rescheduled. When I got there, they were not ready at all! Hiring manager was running around and he was constantly checking his phone during the interview. When I asked him about the responsibilities of the job, he didn't give me a clear answer and changed the subject!

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions about your background and experience   Answer Question

Data Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (Boston, MA) in June 2019.

Interview

Applied in March via the website. Two months later got a phone call from the hiring manager and had a great conversation. Then I spoke with HR, and again, they were very welcoming and asked a lot of great questions and seemed very interested in my skills and experience for the role. I was asked to submit 5 references within 24 hours of receiving the email.
    I was then asked to drive 6 hours to interview with the team of 9 people at my own expense. Interviews were very well scheduled and laid out. I left the interview with a very positive experience and had fantastic conversations with everyone. They all seemed very interested in me and spoke highly of me and what I would bring to the team.
    I followed up with a thank you email the next day. Two weeks later, after not getting a response from my original email, I emailed again asking for an update. The hiring manager, Sarah, sent me a very generic email and said they are pursuing another candidate. After all of the effort, I expected a bit more courtesy. I would not apply to this company again.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a decision where you are being asked by two different people for data, but competing for different end results.   Answer Question