Dana-Farber Cancer Institute Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Sort:

Patient Access Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (Boston, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview was easy - I had a phone screening with an HR recruiter. A short while later I had my first in person interview with the supervisor and an HR rep at the same time. The second interview is with the manager. I ended up having the second interview on the same day because the supervisor had a positive impression.

Interview Questions

• If you didn't get along with a colleague, how would you deal with the situation?   Answer Question

Patient Access Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (Boston, MA).

Interview

Submitted my application, a few days later received an email from human resource to set up a phone interview. We set up a time. The day comes, the human resource woman calls me ahead of time to re-schedule the interview/make sure she has the right number, she tells me she'll call me back in a couple of hours. She never called back, didn't even email me. What a terrible way to do business. Was happy I accepted a position at another company instead.

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brookline, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (Brookline, MA) in October 2013.

Interview

LONG process where I met with many many people, submitted writing samples and answered many questions. Had to meet with occupational health, get a flu shot and give them my very blood. Intense. I was recruited for this job as well so there was another layer of questions on top of their in house process. Took three months to get hired here.

Interview Questions

• So many questions. I think the most difficult thing was having the endurance to get through the day.   Answer Question

Clinical Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (Boston, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

The hiring process was very organized. I met with Human Resources, they did an intense interview to see where I best fit. This was then followed by an interview with the program manager of my department and an interview by the staff

Interview Questions

• What has been a stressful past experience?   1 Answer

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.

Interview

I applied through the DCFI human resources website and was contacted for an in person interview with the manager and assistant manager of the clinical research group. After the first round interview, I was invited to return for a second round interview with one of the managers and several of the current CRCs.

Interview Questions

• Prepare for questions about working as a team and how you deal with challenging people.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (Boston, MA) in May 2013.

Interview

I went through the following steps:
    1. VERY brief phone interview (more of a conversation really),
    2. interview with department manager and meeting with a few potential co-workers,
    3. Interview with the research nurse,
    4. Interview with 2 doctors - the head of clinical research in my disease center and the head of the disease center as a whole,
    5. Got a happy call from HR.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

This is an entry level position mainly populated by recent college grads and prospective med/nursing students....not really people in positions to negotiate. Also since its a non-profit I'd guess they have locked in salaries they don't really deviate from.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (Boston, MA).

Interview

The interview process was pretty straightforward. I met with what would have been my direct supervisor first. She asked me a bit about what I knew about Dana Farber, explained the department and the work the department does, how each department is organized, and gave me the opportunity to ask questions. After that I met with the other CRC's who were very nice, and asked me a couple of questions about my experience and why I applied, I then met with the Director, who asked similar questions

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      What are your long term goals?
      Questions about experience and background   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.

Interview

2 phone interviews with disease group manager, and then 5 in person meetings/interviews with director, and several physicians in the group- The people weren't trying to test you, but rather, see what kind of person you are, which was refreshing if you actually have interest in the field.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw someone do something unethical with regard to research practice ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (Boston, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

This process was really interesting. I initially Interviewed for the New Patient Coordinator job position. During the third and last interview the person who was interviewing me felt that a Clinical research coordinator job would be a better fit after a quick review of my resume.Which is interesting because I had only been applying for clinical research positions throughout my job search but I decided to be flexible and apply to the new Patient coordinator position. I was referred to the clinical research manager and within one week I got a quick phone screening with the manager. She invited me for an in person interview for the following week. The following week I went to the interview. I thought the interview went really well. One of the clinical research coordinator gave me a quick tour. I asked him many questions in order to show him my interest in the position At the end of the interview she invited me for another interview where I would be meeting with two doctors. Two weeks later (which is today) I came for my last round of interview. I met with the clinical research director. It was a brief interview. I ended up meeting with two clinical research coordinator they were very nice and provided a lot of information about the job. Finally I met with the last doctor who would interview me. It was more of a conversation but he did ask me basic questions about my goals and why I wanted to work here etc. Overall the interview went really well. A couple of hours after the interview, I got a call from HR with an offer. I am extremely excited about how fast they got back to me.

Interview Questions

• What do you see yourself doing long term?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (Boston, MA).

Interview

Very smooth and welcoming. I never felt uncomfortable or as if I was imposing on anyone. There are multiple interviews with the various PIs and current CRCs. Initial phone screening was smooth.