Cover image for Dana-Farber Cancer Institute

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Dana-Farber Cancer Institute Interview Questions

Updated Nov 10, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 211 of over 211 interviews

2.7
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Dana-Farber Cancer Institute

Application

I interviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute

Interview

It was very simple, describe your skills, get to know you kind of interview. She described the work hours and how the process of the unit was. It was maybe a 15-20 minute phone interview.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me your weaknesses, strengths, how do you administer chemo, what kind of patient population did you work with, what kind of cancers did you encounter, etc
    Answer Question

Dana-Farber Cancer Institute

Application

I interviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute

Interview

Phone interview first and a 4 hour in-person interview. I asked about the salary range multiple times and kept receiving the same response of it depends on experience, etc. Then I was asked to submit references and I asked about the salary again. The next day, I received a template email from HR saying we have decided to move forward with other candidates. (Likely a low salary)

Interview Questions
  • I was asked about how my past work experiences would contribute to the role.

The latest conversations about Healthcare

Join the conversation on

Healthcare

75.5K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/medicine-2/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Dana-Farber Cancer Institute~17892
Join the conversation on

Dana-Farber Cancer Institute

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute

Interview

I was connected through a recruiter. It was a two round interview process and everyone was very nice! I was offered the job a few days after the second interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Dana-Farber Cancer Institute

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute in Oct 2022

Interview

It was a smooth and organized interview. Did not make it to later stages as the job required relocation to the US, as opposed to being fully remote due to legal issues.

Interview Questions
  • Share your bioinformatics experience related to this position.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (Boston, MA) in Oct 2022

Interview

It was a great experience. I talked to great people during the interview process. Being able to join the zoom meeting was easy and not hard to do. The people respond fast when you apply to the interview and they are great people to interview with.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work for us? What is your greatest strengths? What is your greatest weakness?

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (Boston, MA) in Sep 2022

Interview

The interview process at Dana Farber was great. I found the interviewers to be very friendly, easy going, and conversational. The interview didn't last too long, I got a follow up soon after, and they communicated with me at every point.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Dana-Farber Cancer Institute

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute in Aug 2022

Interview

The process took over 3 months. I had 5 zoom interviews with them, and they also checked my references. I’ve met with the manager, associate manager, 1 nurse, 2 CRCs and 1 physician. After all the interviews, I did not hear back from them. I reached out and there was no response. The staffs were nice during the interview process. The questions are not too difficult.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Dana-Farber Cancer Institute

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute in Aug 2022

Interview

Pretty typical, nothing too difficult. Straight forward interview questions and all of the staff were friendly and eager to talk. Met with 2 current CRCs as well and the program manager.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (Boston, MA) in Jun 2022

Interview

The interview took about thirty minutes with the department manager. They asked basic questions and said they would contact me for further assessment. I got another call days later to come in again.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a situation where you stepped up as a leader.

Dana-Farber Cancer Institute

Application

I interviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute

Interview

Meet with the Providers in your Department on a one to one basis. Also met with Manager and Nursing Director. Overall, fairly laid back experience but definitely interview to make sure that candidate is competent.

Interview Questions
  • Explain a situation you had with a coworker when there was a difference of opinion and how you handled

Dana-Farber Cancer Institute

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute in May 2022

Interview

Video chat interview with the informatics director. She was very nice and told me about the position. Essentially she is looking to expand the nursing informatics team, since currently she is the only one. This position requires the candidate to travel to several different ambulatory sites and therefore requires the candidate have a car and driver's license. The informatics director is very nice and passionate about her work. Their sites use Epic EHR, and candidates are expected to have experience with Epic EHR use (particularly in ambulatory sites). The candidate will also be expected to participate in go-lives of new systems. I did not get an offer, but what was confusing was that I received an automatically generated rejection letter from HR while their careers website stated I was still under consideration. I tried to follow up to clarify what this meant, but HR was not clear in their response to me. It has been awhile since my interview and I have not heard anything since, so I am assuming that I did not receive an offer. If you are applying to this position, I recommend closely following up with HR. Also, having an MA nursing license from the get-go is a requirement. I did not have one and although I am eligible to apply for one, I feel that negatively impacted my chances at this opportunity. Most informatics nurse positions only require applicants to be eligible for licensure in the organization's state (and apply for licensure after being hired) so please be aware of this requirement.

Interview Questions
  • Why did you choose to apply to Dana-Farber?
  • Why did you pursue a career in nursing informatics?
  • What experience do you have with Epic, especially Epic for outpatient and ambulatory sites?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 211 Interviews

Dana-Farber Cancer Institute Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute as 71.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.69 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Clinical Administrative Support Specialist and Clinical Research Coordinator rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for New Patient Coordinator and Research Technician roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute takes an average of 24 days when considering 227 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Clinical Administrative Support Specialist had the quickest hiring process (on average 15 days), whereas Clinical Research Coordinator roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 23 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute according to 227 Glassdoor interviews include:

One on One Interview: 26.40%