Data Foundry Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Data Foundry

2.8

NOC Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Data Foundry (Houston, TX) in January 2020.

Interview

Phone screening with basic questions. Also they sussed out my technical ability with generic networking questions. Pay is laughably low for a night shift position and way below market price. Unprofessional human resources personnel.

Controls Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Data Foundry (Austin, TX) in February 2019.

Interview

Initial interview was a phone interview with the HR company they hire. Then had a second phone interview with a manager. The third interview was an on site interview with the manager I had spoken with and the director. A couple weeks later I had quick 15 minute phone interviews with managers from 2 other departments that the position would have interactions with. A total of 5 interviews.

What ruined the experience was the lack of communication. In order to find anything out, I had to call the HR contact or email them directly. After my on site interviews, I emailed them, almost 2 weeks later, asking for any update about the position. Later that day, they wanted to see up the 2 interviews with the other managers. After those interviews I didn't hear anything, from HR or the company, for over 2 weeks. It was only when I sent the HR contact a text that I heard back. That is also how I found out I didn't get the job... through text message. 5 interviews over 2 months and I cannot get a courtesy phone call?

I think the people there are good people but the hiring process that I went through needs to be reworked.

Also, I sent a message back to the HR rep asking, if I hadn't contacted him, when would I have found out I didn't get the job? Haven't received a response yet. Maybe I will text again in 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• How would you prioritize your workload if I am telling you everything is equally important?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Data Foundry (Austin, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

6 males sit you down in a dark room and talk about themselves for 2.5 hours. They make crude jokes, wax poetically about how great everything is, and how their growth is astronomical, which is why they have a job open. Several "that's what she said" jokes are made.

Interview Questions

• How many software engineers does it take to screw in a lightbulb?   1 Answer

NOC Tech I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Data Foundry (Austin, TX).

Interview

3 interviews. First was with 2 managers, got asked tons of technical questions. 2nd was a peer interview with 5 people that all had a page of technical and personal questions. 3rd was another 2 manager interview which repeated a lot of the same questions. The vibe was good but management severely dropped the communication ball. After some phone calls and emails where made and not returned/answered it was clear they where not professional enough to even be a hiring manager.

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Data Foundry (Houston, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

They sent me an email two weeks after I applied for the job to schedule a 30 minutes phone interview. They were pretty direct, they asked two maybe three general questions and the rest was all networking related. They were looking for someone with experience on BGP and IPv6.
    One week after the call they sent me and email, and I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• They asked some questions about routing and some about Cisco devices architecture.   Answer Question

Facilities Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Data Foundry (Austin, TX).

Interview

The interview took FOREVER to arrange - from the time I applied until the day of my interview it was like three months. That said, the interviewers were all pretty straightforward in their questions. Typical stuff - describe your work experience, etc. No big surprises. They offered me the position the next day, if I remember correctly.

NOC Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Data Foundry (Austin, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

Simple phone screen with a non-technical HR recruiter. On site interview with several people. Lots of technical questions but generally they are broad technology questions.
    The ideal candidate was someone who doesn't have a lot of IT experience, but uses technology heavily in their day to day lives. They are looking for someone that is at the level of building their own computer and has a strong passion to learn more.

Interview Questions

• Explain the difference between a switch and a router.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pay has a very small variation between a highly skilled person and an entry level person. Negotiate to at least $17/hour. Also verify that if you earn a CCNA or RHCSA certification you will earn $1/hour raise for each one.

Data Center Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Data Foundry (Austin, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

I applied online, via Jobvite and later had a 30 minute phone interview with their HR Generalist. I was expecting the usual phone screening, but instead got a comprehensive technical quiz and personality questionaire. Example questions included "bit/byte conversions" and "what's the difference between a router and switch?". I also got asked oddball questions such as "name your home ISP" and "tell me about your home PC". Lastly, I was asked about my pay range from my last job and was instantly disqualified because it was too high. Classy!

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between a router and a switch?   2 Answers