DataSift Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DataSift Interview Questions

Interviews at DataSift

3.4

Other Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DataSift.

Interview

The interview process focused heavily on 'stress interview'. People I interviewed with seemed quite depressed. Everyone had a hard time describing why they liked working for the company. I ended up getting a better job offer with a happy set of team so no complaints as things went quite well personally for me.

The entire process felt like they were giving me a hard time. But then it might be because they were not going to move forward with me anyways. If they put a lot of stress on you, know the signs that they are not going to move forward and get you out of the running by making the interview stressful, personal and giving you a hard time. Get out of the running yourself than feeling bad and depressed later on for being asked personal questions and giving away a lot of information from your private life. I felt extremely disturbed after the interview was over (yes, that's the extent to which they ask you personal information. Not the right fit for me!)

Interview Questions

• A lot of personal questions were asked which were not related to the job in any way or form   Answer Question

Area Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DataSift (San Francisco, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

Identification of expected deliverables was made very easy to understand and delivered clearly and crisply. All future co-workers were as helpful as one could ever want and clearly exhibited that cross channel sharing/helping is the rule rather than the exception at DataSift.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work in the SMB sector?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Smooth, rapid and on target thanks to fine back office support and use of DocuSign and email.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at DataSift (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was a little lengthy (3 days) but I got to meet the whole team, recruiters were great and on top of things, great questions which made me think. Offer was made quickly which is always a plus. Overall, probably the best interview process I have been involved in.

Interview Questions

• Name a company. How could that company use our product?   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DataSift (South San Francisco, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

Interview Details –
    The interview process was intense and rewarding. I got a job offer and accepted but even if this weren’t the case, I would still be glad that I interviewed with DataSift. The process was a great opportunity to improve not only my interviewing skills but also my presentation skills.
    I interviewed over the holidays. The whole process took around 3 weeks. As part of the process, I had to learn and demo the DataSift platform. Even thought, it required time and effort from my part, DataSift provided feedback to improve my delivery. As a person who is continuously trying to improve constructive feedback is highly appreciate it.
    My interview with the VP of Sales was the most challenging job interview that I ever had (I interviewed with SalesForce and MuleSoft and made it all the way to the panel interview in both). His questions were professional, direct and daring. I appreciated the experience, as it was a great way to uncover a strong grip in me that I wasn’t aware of. I feel like I really had to prove myself to DataSift. Robb Nesmith, the hiring manager was delightful to work with. He was very transparent and concise during the whole process.
    I am very happy that I got an offer. The DataSift team is not only extremely smart but also very professional and talented.
    I have been with DataSift for almost 2 months. It has been great!

Interview Question –
    Giving 2 demos – 1 in person and other over the phone.
    By the VP of sales –
    • If you could change something about you, what would it be and why?
    • Why should I hire you?
    • Sell me “DataSift”

Negotiation –
    DataSift made a good offer and I accepted. I didn’t feel any other negotiation was necessary

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DataSift (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

For my first round of on-site interviews, I met with three members of the team. I had great discussions with everyone about the role and the company. I got the impression that they were really looking for someone who would not only contribute a fresh set of ideas, but also fit culturally. My second on-site was a 30 minute interview with the CFO. I was asked to come back the following day for another round of interviews with the hiring manager and current office manager. My final interview was a quick phone call with the CEO. While there were some schedule changes, I think the whole process was done well. Everyone I spoke to was excited about the company, which made me even more interested in the role. The entire process only took a few weeks, as they were looking to fill the role as quickly as possible.

Interview Questions

• Nothing sticks out as particularly difficult or unexpected. We talked a lot about my experience and what I could bring to the role.   Answer Question

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DataSift.

Interview

I found the interview process very well thought out compared to other companies I have interviewed with and it was a key reason to deciding to accept there offer over others.

It started out with a phone screen followed by an interview day.

The interview day had a few interviews to start mostly focused on my background and previous experience with a few how would you test this questions. These were done by the team lead and other test engineers.

The rest of the morning until lunch (~3 hours) I was left with an automation task. Identifying test cases for a scenario and automating one against the live site using any tech or language I wanted. After this was done there was a review by the team of the work.

After lunch with the team there were interviews with senior staff on the development side which focused on background and more how you would test questions. Here was an opportunity to ask more high level questions about engineering decisions e.g. why to create a query language over repurposing one?

Finally there was a review at the end of the day to discuss how it went and potential salary.

Got feedback within a couple of days and was offered a senior role on the team.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They accepted my original ask for salary. Could of perhaps pushed for a little more but felt it was a fair amount when you factor in the generous benefits package.

Developer Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DataSift (Reading, England (UK)) in June 2013.

Interview

The hiring and interview process consisted of 3 telephone interviews and half a day in the office. The telephone interviews were with different members of the support/client services team, the questions asked were more about getting to know me as a person and my background rather than testing my abilities in any way.

My day in the office included a technical test using CSDL and making use of the client libraries, I felt like this test was a good indicator for the type of work I would be doing in this role and was at the right level of difficulty.

From walking in to the office I immediately got a feel for the culture of the business and I was sure it was something I wanted to be a part of.

Interview Questions

• Everyone at Datasift is brilliant, why are you brilliant?   1 Answer

Technical Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at DataSift (Reading, England (UK)) in June 2014.

Interview

Background
    I didn’t apply for my job at DataSift as the opportunity to join grew out of a shared project I was working on with people from DataSift. This also meant that the whole process probably took longer than most other people will experience - in total almost four months - and not so much because of the recruitment process, but more to do with the circumstances of how I got introduced to the business.

Overall I guess my experience shows that DataSift is really as much about the personal fit as it is about the technical fit (both are equally important). The culture at DataSift is VERY unique in the most positive way possible, and for good reasons they safeguard it by making sure people fit in. So, my best advice to anyone interviewing there is to make sure you show up as yourself, honest and open minded and you will be fine!

If they invite you to participate in anything while doing the interviews - say YES! As part of my interviewing process I went on a social event and got the chance to meet other DataSift people as well as customers, which was great as it gave me a better view of the type of people I would be working with.

Interview process
    I went through 3 interview rounds and the process was surprisingly friendly, relaxed and rewarding. Firstly I met with the head of the business area and we had an informal chat for about 1.5 hours - mostly talking about my background, experiences and ambitions for the future. I also had the opportunity there and then to meet with a couple of heads from other areas, which was great as I got a good view of the business, organisation and (importantly) culture. I then had a more formal interview with DataSift’s Recruiter - this took place over Skype - and I was eventually invited in for a half-day interview round with four people. This was daunting at first, but it turned out to be a great way of interviewing as everybody were really friendly and genuinely interested in my background etc. At one point I was interviewed by three people at the same time, but it never really felt like an interview - more like an informal meeting where ideas and views were shared and pinged around.

The only negative (and it is a small one in the grand scheme of things) was the waiting time to get the offer, contract and start date sorted out. Having been through my many interviews (or meetings rather) I was super keen to get going, but as it is often the case; people’s diaries, travel plans and other priorities can get in the way and delay things.

There is A LOT of fun and games at DataSift, and it feels absolutely amazing to be part of an organisation that understands how to have fun while working. But don’t get me wrong - DataSift is all about hard and rewarding work, so make sure you have your wits about you as you join this bunch of talented people as they expect as much from you as you do from them.

Interview Questions

• There were no (super) difficult or unexpected questions.   1 Answer

Junior Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DataSift (Reading, England (UK)).

Interview

Screening telephone followed by a full day on site to work with them on a mini project. Had 2 meetings over the day, one to discuss progress and another one to evaluate results and the entire process. Overall I enjoyed the experience, people were helpful and positive and the interview was a good mix of challenging and interesting.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had access to all of our data?   Answer Question
    • Design a system to ingest data from different sources into a unified structure   Answer Question
    • Explore some JSON data and find anomalies   Answer Question