David Evans and Associates Interview Questions | Glassdoor

David Evans and Associates Interview Questions

2.8

Accounts Payable Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at David Evans and Associates.

Interview

Was contacted for a phone interview by someone in HR. This person was pleasant at first and went through the job duties listed on the job description, asking about experience with each item. When I asked clarifying questions, she admitted she did not know what was meant, but that I should have.

When discussing salary expectations, she needed me to convert annual salary to hourly wage. When I stated my range was flexible based on what benefits would be offered, she could not expand on benefits and instead read what was already given on the job listing. She seemed annoyed that I did not have a firm answer at this point and added that benefits were "neither here nor there."

This seemed to be a screening process where the candidate should not expect to find out any information about the company or job.

Interview Questions

• Was asked about experience with duties listed in job description. She also asked if I had any questions, but was unable or unwilling to answer them.   Answer Question

David Evans and Associates Response

Apr 3, 2017 – Director of Recruiting

As the Director of Recruiting I appreciate your feedback on your recent phone interview to discuss the Accounts Payable position. Your feedback is concerning to me and I will follow up with our... More

Junior Level Freight Rail EIT Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at David Evans and Associates.

Interview

I applied online on a Friday and was contacted the following Monday for a quick screening interview. A week later, I was called again to schedule an interview with the senior rail project manager. I had a phone interview since I live out of state. It seemed pretty quick (around 30 mins) which is a little concerning, but the interview seemed to go fairly well.

My interview was earlier today, and I was told I would be contacted again within the next two or three weeks. It would normally be shorter, but the interviewer is leaving for vacation this coming week.

Interview Questions

David Evans and Associates Response

Mar 8, 2017 – Director of Recruiting

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review as we always appreciate the feedback.

Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at David Evans and Associates (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

1. Applied online
    2. Contacted 1 week later for screening interview from HR
    3. Contacted 1 week later for interview with 2 project managers under same department of position.
    4. Asked for my reference list following the in-person interview, contacted atleast one.
    5. Never heard back, good or bad news.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Describe experience with softwares? Tough situations?   Answer Question

Staff Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at David Evans and Associates (Reno, NV) in June 2016.

Interview

Phone interview, asked about my background and projects I have worked on. Asked more about my previous employers and what I did there. The asked what my ideal job is.

Junior Bridge Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at David Evans and Associates (Salem, OR) in March 2015.

Interview

Casual meeting with two senior employees. Very nice office and friendly staff. It seemed like they were reading questions off of a script, not actually prepared for any kind of personalized interview. They asked some of the typical questions like "what are your strengths and weaknesses?" but didn't give any kind of exam.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself and your career in five years? What kinds of things would you expect the company to provide for you?   Answer Question

Junior Bridge Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at David Evans and Associates in October 2014.

Interview

There was a phone screening after online submission followed by an in person interview with two associates. The interview process was straightforward and felt more like a compatibility check than anything else. They did not question much on my resume. There was not any negotiation. They did contact at least one of my references.

Electrical Engineering Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at David Evans and Associates (Vancouver, WA) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview was with a client as this is a consulting firm. I travelled to the employer location and interviewed directly with management staff in the department I was to work for. The questions mostly pertained to the skills I had pertaining to the work done in my department. This client is a federal agency tasked with operation of the high voltage transmission system, so most questions were about bulk electric system analysis, my experience with power flow software, my awareness of federal standards for operation of a high voltage transmission system. There was a little bit of inquiry into my ability to work in a stressful environment. The staff that conducted the interview was very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Have you used PowerWorld powerflow software? Describe your experience using powerflow software.   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at David Evans and Associates.

Interview

Process went pretty quick from beginning to end. Although I think that the system is changing and becoming more cookie cutter. DEA tries hard to do a good job of onboarding, although results depend on the Office and Business Unit.

Interview Questions

• Questions on pretty detailed engineering stuff. Not really looking for the right answer, but at least an understanding of the topic   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fife, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at David Evans and Associates (Fife, WA).

Interview

Called within a week of submitting application. Interview with Office Manager and the 2 department heads that I would assisting.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They had a salary that they wanted to pay me, I simply asked for more. One of the department head wasn't thrilled, the other liked that I asked, so they gave it to me.