Davis Wright Tremaine Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 20, 2017

2.9

Interviews for Top Jobs at Davis Wright Tremaine

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Davis Wright Tremaine.

Interview

Met with 2 partners. Both asked the same questions regarding why a labor-side attorney would want to switch-sides. Neither one seemed prepared for the interview, but both were very friendly. The office environment seemed friendly but busy.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in the management side?   1 Answer

Office Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Davis Wright Tremaine (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process took 4 weeks from start to finish. It began with a telephone screen, followed by an interview over lunch with the person into whom this role reports. From that lunch, came an invitation to meet OA's in other offices, HRD and CAO over video conference in a group / panel interview setting. Finally, meetings with the Partner-in-Charge and selected Partners covering a diverse group of practice areas were set-up. At each stage of the process, DWT personnel were friendly, responsive and helpful. I was never out of the loop or left wondering about the status of my candidacy.

Interview Questions

• Describe a particularly challenging employee relations issue.   Answer Question

Legal Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Davis Wright Tremaine (Washington, DC) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied through a job listing online. I was then contacted by their corporate office in Seattle for a phone screen. I had an interview the HR Administrator and was called back for an interview with the partners/associates I would be working for.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Davis Wright Tremaine (Seattle, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

Two phone interviews, one in person with two people. Good process, somewhat informal interview. Everyone was nice and polite, went for coffee with hiring manager after formal interview.

Legal Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Davis Wright Tremaine in January 2015.

Interview

Had 3 consecutive 20 minute interviews. Liked all of the interviewers, thought it went well but I think they were looking for someone a little older (26+). They were a little disorganized, but maybe that's standard when reviewing thousands of applications...

Interview Questions

• All their questions were standard except: What will you do if you don't get this job?   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Davis Wright Tremaine (Seattle, WA).

Interview

In person interview

Negotiation

None

Secretary Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Davis Wright Tremaine in November 2012.

Interview

Firm works through a recruiter. Recruiter handled initial application process, including recommendations from previous employers, etc. First interview was with HR and then interview with the specific attorneys I was being hired to work for. After that, the process moved very smoothly and quickly.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult kind of person to work with?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Davis Wright Tremaine (Seattle, WA) in March 2011.

Interview

The interview process involved meeting with 5 different attorneys for approximately 20 minutes each. All of the attorneys were friendly and seemed to genuinely like their jobs.