DePaul University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DePaul University Interview Questions

Updated Oct 8, 2017

2.5

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at DePaul University.

Interview

Easy interview questions include basic algorithm implementations and sql sequences. HR is very nice but low efficiency. The whole process duration is up to one and half month. Overall, not a negative experience.

Senior Benefits Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DePaul University (Chicago, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online (via "black hole" of ATS) in early Sept 2017. Had phone screening with recruiter. When asked, recruiter informed me of "next steps" in process should I be selected to continue. Recruiter did NOT mention how I was to be informed if selected to "move forward". This is probably because she (and DePaul, whom she's representing) GHOSTED after the initial conversation. Sad.

Interview Questions

• Recruiter informed me of responsibilities of position & departmental structure. Asked the usual questions regarding my experiences based on resume info.   Answer Question

Building Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at DePaul University.

Interview

You have to start as an entry level employee first, then you can submit your resume for an advancement and they will decide if they want to bring you in for an interview

Tech Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at DePaul University.

Interview

Asked me all my past work experience and also technical details. Although this is a job for student, the questions are all related to your past experience of projects, and follow up with detailed technical questions like what is polynomial and design pattern, etc.

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DePaul University (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Easy interview process, no difficult questions. Seems like if you get to this step and dont say something ridiculously stupid, you should get the job.Manager is very nice and understanding.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at DePaul University (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Two rounds, both rounds are very flexible and relaxing. The first round I got two interviewers, second round I just had a conversation with the manager. Basically just review my resume and tell something more about myself.

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DePaul University (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I received a phone call from the Human Resources Department about setting up a screening interview. After scheduling the interview, the process was simple enough. I waited to until the scheduled date and received the phone call, that lasted about 20 mins.

Interview Questions

• The HR representative asked about my interest, qualifications, and expectations for the position.   Answer Question

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at DePaul University (Chicago, IL).

Interview

There were two process to the interview, first via phone which is followed by an in person interview with the department. Before the interview, I was asked when I would be available to for the interview, which I told them. The interview took about 40 minute long and I was told the interviewer was going to get back to me.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at DePaul University (New York, NY).

Interview

I got response from the professor after a month. He apologized for the delay and are pretty nice and kindly. The process is very smooth, the questions are very easy. It's more like a conversation between a professor and a student.

Job Fair & Events Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DePaul University (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through DePaul Careers website. Took about two through three weeks to hear back. Was invited for a phone interview. Phone interview was conducted through an HR representative. We spoke about the position and went through my resume. Was told that I would be reached within two weeks in the event that I was invited for an in-person interview. Two and a half weeks later, I was. In person interview took place at DePaul Center. Interviewed with three people. Director, Associate Director, and interim Job Fair & Events Manager. Very professional and informational interview. Once interview was over, was told that I'd receive an answer within a week from HR in the event that I was chosen for an offer. Two weeks passed by and no answer. Got directly contacted via email by one of the interviewers apologizing for delay, and informing me that due to a miscommunication mishap with HR I'd have to wait a bit longer to get an answer. Was once again contacted by interviewer the following week, informing me that a decision was made and unfortunately, and weirdly enough was never reached by HR informing me of the decision.

Interview Questions

• What is your managing style like?   1 Answer