DePaul University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 16, 2017

2.5

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DePaul University (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I received a phone call from the Human Resources Department about setting up a screening interview. After scheduling the interview, the process was simple enough. I waited to until the scheduled date and received the phone call, that lasted about 20 mins.

Interview Questions

• The HR representative asked about my interest, qualifications, and expectations for the position.   Answer Question

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at DePaul University (Chicago, IL).

Interview

There were two process to the interview, first via phone which is followed by an in person interview with the department. Before the interview, I was asked when I would be available to for the interview, which I told them. The interview took about 40 minute long and I was told the interviewer was going to get back to me.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at DePaul University (New York, NY).

Interview

I got response from the professor after a month. He apologized for the delay and are pretty nice and kindly. The process is very smooth, the questions are very easy. It's more like a conversation between a professor and a student.

Job Fair & Events Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DePaul University (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through DePaul Careers website. Took about two through three weeks to hear back. Was invited for a phone interview. Phone interview was conducted through an HR representative. We spoke about the position and went through my resume. Was told that I would be reached within two weeks in the event that I was invited for an in-person interview. Two and a half weeks later, I was. In person interview took place at DePaul Center. Interviewed with three people. Director, Associate Director, and interim Job Fair & Events Manager. Very professional and informational interview. Once interview was over, was told that I'd receive an answer within a week from HR in the event that I was chosen for an offer. Two weeks passed by and no answer. Got directly contacted via email by one of the interviewers apologizing for delay, and informing me that due to a miscommunication mishap with HR I'd have to wait a bit longer to get an answer. Was once again contacted by interviewer the following week, informing me that a decision was made and unfortunately, and weirdly enough was never reached by HR informing me of the decision.

Interview Questions

• What is your managing style like?   1 Answer

Student Worker Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DePaul University.

Interview

Very quick interview process. Met with the office manger once and heard back within one week. Overall, it was a very positive experience and everyone was very nice. I would recommend applying as a student worker to all students.

Advancement Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DePaul University (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I completed an over the phone interview. The interview was pretty straight forward. They asked if I had experience in outbound calls. They preferred you take early classes since the position was after 5. Then, I was asked to come in for an in person interview. The gentleman was really nice and was very excited for me.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for De Paul?   1 Answer

Event Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at DePaul University (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview process took a little over a month from when I applied to the decision-- 3 interviews total (one phone interview with HR, two in-person interviews with the office). Questions were mostly about past work experiences, why DePaul, and one exercise in which I walked them through the process of planning an event. After the final interview, the decision was made in 2 days.

Interview Questions

• What is one aspect of this position that would be a challenge for you?   1 Answer

Student Affairs Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DePaul University (Chicago, IL).

Interview

All day, multiple meetings - department, students, division, partner departments...
    It was a long and very thorough process. The employees joked that it was putting candidates through the ringer. It was a thoughtful process and respectful.

Part Time Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DePaul University (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview was professional, but also casual. I was nervous and the interviewer noticed so he helped me get over my nervousness. The questions were about my past work experience and what I would contribute to the school. The interviewer was helpful and his answers were thoughtful. The interview was about 40 minutes long and went over the details of the position. Overall, it was a good experience.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DePaul University (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

VERY brief and informal interview. It was 7 minutes. My interviewer failed to read my resume and application properly before calling me in for an interview. He did not realize I could not start until a few months from now... so after he asked about that, he said he was looking for someone right now but I could send in two letters of recommendation just in case there was an opening later on.