Deacom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 10, 2017

3.3

Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deacom (Denver, CO).

Interview

Comprehensive interviewing process that combines an assignment, competency test, and behavioral interviews. Recruiters are very responsive and friendly. Nice office environment. Preparing for the interview in advance will be helpful.

Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Wilmington, DE

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Deacom (South Wilmington, DE).

Interview

Strange interview approach. Wonder Lic and email questions but what turned me off was their blatant admission of company failures to deliver on what the sales team agreed to with the client and their unwillingness to apologize for their mistakes. They criticized my emails stating admission of guilt and apologetic replies to their mistake scenarios. How do they intend to establish credibility with their clients? Not a team I want to play for....

Interview Questions

• What book are you currently reading?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a manager who you have had a conflict with and what they would say about you?   Answer Question
    • Who are you loyal to, the company or the client?   Answer Question

Data Migration Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, PA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Deacom (Wayne, PA) in June 2017.

Interview

They initially contacted me. I followed the application process. Passed a phone screen. a few days later was scheduled for an in person interview. They stared with asking me to write Code on a piece of paper. Then in the body of an email. Went thru the stupid wonder ick test. Dumb question that had nothing to do with working a job anywhere. No knowing I didn't want to work for these people. I am just walking thru the process. The hiring manager start asking why I am here they don't need someone with my skill set. Being nice I just let it go.

Interview Questions

• Taking a coding test on a piece of paper. Who does that.   1 Answer

Software Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesterbrook, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deacom (Chesterbrook, PA).

Interview

Skype interview, the wonderlic test, HR interview, software demo, and then manager interview. It was obvious from the beginning that I did not pass their test, because everyone was cold and dismissive towards me after that. I have had my IQ tested twice professionally with high results, so the test seems to be used for something else. If you absolutely will not hire someone without a certain score, they should just stop the interview at that point. It was obvious that the employees were annoyed with having to interview me, and I'm sure they are interviewing a lot of people without success. Everyone acted like they had better things to be doing, and most were wearing jeans. Overall, they were pretty unprofessional. Also, I agree that "Why shouldn't I hire you" is probably the worst question to ask someone.

Interview Questions

• Why Shouldn't I hire you; how would you test an elevator; an example of your leadership; various math problems; how would you acquire any knowledge that you lack for the role   Answer Question

PM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesterbrook, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deacom (Chesterbrook, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

Laborious, contrived and template-style approach where skill level or experience was immaterial until the final hour of a 4 hour first impression. There was little interest in getting to know me. Just compliance with their tests, questions without context and timed assignments.

Interview Questions

• I have a Timex watch and a Rolex watch, what 3 questions would you ask?   Answer Question
    • A person walks into a Ferrari dealership, what questions would you ask to try to sell them a car?   Answer Question

Data Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesterbrook, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deacom (Chesterbrook, PA) in July 2016.

Interview

Extremely long due to 20 to 30 minute waits in between meeting 5 groups and individuals thru the process. Test after test after test such as wordranking, wonderlik, typical non-experience related questions such as 'why should we not hire you', 'strengths', 'weaknesses', a homework assignment regarding relational databases. Great for those with little to no work experience. Anyone with experience is wasting their time interviewing with this company. Experience counts for nothing in their process. Spent over 20 hours prepping for interview. Gut told me to cancel it, but since it was already scheduled, figured why not. Nothing but a waste of energy and time.

In short, the company needs to learn professionalism. The high turnover rate they alluded to is obvious. Other glassdoor reviews have expressed this as well.

Interview Questions

• Wonderlik interview
      Relational database presentation prepped before interview
      work ranking game   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesterbrook, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deacom (Chesterbrook, PA) in May 2016.

Interview

First step was a Webex meeting with the HR dept. Second was an in person interview at their facility in Chesterbrook. I was asked to complete a homework assignment prior to the interview. I put way too much time into it, but that's okay because they laughed at it anyway. Very unprofessional company that did not give off a good vibe whatsoever. I was spoken towards in a very disrespectful manner and was asked to leave midway through the interview (which was supposed to last almost 4 hours). I was honestly was about to walk out of the interview midway through anyway because of their demeanor. The interview consisted of the comical wonderlic test, 2 mock e-mail scenario samples with a timeline of 15 minutes total to answer (I was ridiculed about my responses despite 10 years of professional post college work experience). The interview isn't real at this company, don't even think for a second that you have a chance. I'm almost 4 months later into my job search and I still see their ads as they continue to try to fill the position I attempted to earn. I had to take a break from interviews for a few months after the way I was treated during my interview at Deacom. Do not even think about taking a day off from your current job to waste it on this interview.

Interview Questions

• A plain clothed individual walks into a Ferrari dealership where you are a salesman. How do you sort whether or not they are able to take a test drive.   1 Answer

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Deacom.

Interview

Very intense, lots of culture based questions. Interviewed by 4 different people from different parts of the business. Case resolution and intelligence tests are prominently used in the process. They are definitely looking for specific traits.

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesterbrook, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Deacom (Chesterbrook, PA) in January 2016.

Interview

Pretty quick process, in total was about 10 days. First took a Wonderlic test, 50 questions in 12 mins. Than they asked for you to type an email in response to a customer inquiry about a BMW test drive and Ford Focus test drive. They asked a few sales oriented questions about what you would do in certain scenarios.

Overall, not a great experience. They tend to be very critical of your accomplishments during the interview and try to find reasons why you wouldn't be a good fit instead of looking for the potential.

Interview Questions

• If a customer comes in to look at a Rolex than a Timex, what would you say?   1 Answer

Controller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deacom (Wayne, PA) in December 2015.

Interview

As someone who been through the interview process many times, both as the interviewee and an interviewer, I found the entire interview process at Deacom to be quick, exciting and refreshing.

I was contacted for a phone interview about a week after submitting my application online. The Hiring Manager was kind and professional, but also very obviously knowledgeable and passionate about the company. She's the primary reason my attitude went from "Yeah, I'll go for it" when I applied to "This is the place I need to be!" after the phone screen. Her love of the company is infectious!

For years, as an interviewer, I had my "standard" questions that I would ask - "What are your biggest strengths & weaknesses?", "What is the biggest challenge you've ever faced, and how did you overcome it?", etc. So, coming into the in-person interview process at Deacom, with the Wonderlic test, the deductive reasoning questions, the benefits presentation and even the accounting question, it made it really clear to me that this wasn't your standard, run of the mill company. They forced me to think outside the box a little, and that's something that I loved. My skills and qualifications for the job were very clear on my resume, so the interview process took the time to get to know me, who I am and how I think. A good "fit" between the interviewee and the company and its culture are just as important to a successful work experience as your skills and qualifications, so it makes perfect sense, and is appropriate and necessary, that this be addressed in an in person interview.

If you go into the process with an open mind, you'll likely come out with a rewarding experience.