Deacom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 19, 2017

3.5

Software Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesterbrook, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deacom (Chesterbrook, PA).

Interview

Skype interview, the wonderlic test, HR interview, software demo, and then manager interview. It was obvious from the beginning that I did not pass their test, because everyone was cold and dismissive towards me after that. I have had my IQ tested twice professionally with high results, so the test seems to be used for something else. If you absolutely will not hire someone without a certain score, they should just stop the interview at that point. It was obvious that the employees were annoyed with having to interview me, and I'm sure they are interviewing a lot of people without success. Everyone acted like they had better things to be doing, and most were wearing jeans. Overall, they were pretty unprofessional. Also, I agree that "Why shouldn't I hire you" is probably the worst question to ask someone.

Interview Questions

• Why Shouldn't I hire you; how would you test an elevator; an example of your leadership; various math problems; how would you acquire any knowledge that you lack for the role   Answer Question

Data Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesterbrook, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deacom (Chesterbrook, PA) in July 2016.

Interview

Extremely long due to 20 to 30 minute waits in between meeting 5 groups and individuals thru the process. Test after test after test such as wordranking, wonderlik, typical non-experience related questions such as 'why should we not hire you', 'strengths', 'weaknesses', a homework assignment regarding relational databases. Great for those with little to no work experience. Anyone with experience is wasting their time interviewing with this company. Experience counts for nothing in their process. Spent over 20 hours prepping for interview. Gut told me to cancel it, but since it was already scheduled, figured why not. Nothing but a waste of energy and time.

In short, the company needs to learn professionalism. The high turnover rate they alluded to is obvious. Other glassdoor reviews have expressed this as well.

Interview Questions

• Wonderlik interview
      Relational database presentation prepped before interview
      work ranking game
      Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesterbrook, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deacom (Chesterbrook, PA) in May 2016.

Interview

First step was a Webex meeting with the HR dept. Second was an in person interview at their facility in Chesterbrook. I was asked to complete a homework assignment prior to the interview. I put way too much time into it, but that's okay because they laughed at it anyway. Very unprofessional company that did not give off a good vibe whatsoever. I was spoken towards in a very disrespectful manner and was asked to leave midway through the interview (which was supposed to last almost 4 hours). I was honestly was about to walk out of the interview midway through anyway because of their demeanor. The interview consisted of the comical wonderlic test, 2 mock e-mail scenario samples with a timeline of 15 minutes total to answer (I was ridiculed about my responses despite 10 years of professional post college work experience). The interview isn't real at this company, don't even think for a second that you have a chance. I'm almost 4 months later into my job search and I still see their ads as they continue to try to fill the position I attempted to earn. I had to take a break from interviews for a few months after the way I was treated during my interview at Deacom. Do not even think about taking a day off from your current job to waste it on this interview.

Interview Questions

• A plain clothed individual walks into a Ferrari dealership where you are a salesman. How do you sort whether or not they are able to take a test drive.   1 Answer

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Deacom.

Interview

Very intense, lots of culture based questions. Interviewed by 4 different people from different parts of the business. Case resolution and intelligence tests are prominently used in the process. They are definitely looking for specific traits.

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesterbrook, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Deacom (Chesterbrook, PA) in January 2016.

Interview

Pretty quick process, in total was about 10 days. First took a Wonderlic test, 50 questions in 12 mins. Than they asked for you to type an email in response to a customer inquiry about a BMW test drive and Ford Focus test drive. They asked a few sales oriented questions about what you would do in certain scenarios.

Overall, not a great experience. They tend to be very critical of your accomplishments during the interview and try to find reasons why you wouldn't be a good fit instead of looking for the potential.

Interview Questions

• If a customer comes in to look at a Rolex than a Timex, what would you say?   1 Answer

Controller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deacom (Wayne, PA) in December 2015.

Interview

As someone who been through the interview process many times, both as the interviewee and an interviewer, I found the entire interview process at Deacom to be quick, exciting and refreshing.

I was contacted for a phone interview about a week after submitting my application online. The Hiring Manager was kind and professional, but also very obviously knowledgeable and passionate about the company. She's the primary reason my attitude went from "Yeah, I'll go for it" when I applied to "This is the place I need to be!" after the phone screen. Her love of the company is infectious!

For years, as an interviewer, I had my "standard" questions that I would ask - "What are your biggest strengths & weaknesses?", "What is the biggest challenge you've ever faced, and how did you overcome it?", etc. So, coming into the in-person interview process at Deacom, with the Wonderlic test, the deductive reasoning questions, the benefits presentation and even the accounting question, it made it really clear to me that this wasn't your standard, run of the mill company. They forced me to think outside the box a little, and that's something that I loved. My skills and qualifications for the job were very clear on my resume, so the interview process took the time to get to know me, who I am and how I think. A good "fit" between the interviewee and the company and its culture are just as important to a successful work experience as your skills and qualifications, so it makes perfect sense, and is appropriate and necessary, that this be addressed in an in person interview.

If you go into the process with an open mind, you'll likely come out with a rewarding experience.

Interview Questions

• Why shouldn't we hire you?   1 Answer

Financial Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deacom (Wayne, PA) in December 2015.

Interview

First contact was through email to coordinate a phone screen. The phone screen went well and led to an in-person interview. The interview started with a laptop being put in front of me and being asked to take a Wonderlic test. This was a first for me, however I was assured that this is the norm for NFL quarterbacks. Next I was asked to write an email to a customer about a scenario created by the hiring manager. Once that was done, the in-person interview was started and let me just say that the phone screen and in-person interviews were night and day. The questions asked were more appropriate for a sales or customer service type role and had nothing to do with the position being applied for. Once the HR portion was completed, the Chief Operating Officer came in and asked a few questions. Very little time was spent reviewing the benefits summary that was asked to be completed as a "homework" assignment for the interview. In addition, questions had not much to do with the actual position but maybe more of getting a feeling of whether there would be a cultural fit with the company. In any event, the interview left me with an odd feeling and declined to move further with the process.

Interview Questions

• If you were a luxury car salesperson and someone came in looking for a test drive, what would you say to this person?   Answer Question
    • If you worked in a Rolex store and someone came in to buy a watch but couldn't choose between a Rolex and Timex, how would you handle this customer?   Answer Question
    • Why shouldn't we hire you?   1 Answer
    • If you asked someone out for dinner on a Friday and they declined, what would you do?   Answer Question

It didn't feel like a good cultural fit.

Sales & Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deacom (Wayne, PA).

Interview

In my case there was a phone screen then a second interview and a third interview. There were also multiple deliverables (writing projects) and an IQ test (Wonderlic). I committed to doing the work fully and well but at the last and final interview no one even asked to see the projects I'd done for them.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Deacom (Wayne, PA) in September 2015.

Interview

As a current employee of Deacom (been here since Oct. 2015), I felt like it was finally time and appropriate to leave a review of my experiences to date, specifically the interview process. There are somewhere around 90+ rock stars working here now, all of whom apparently got through the interview process with flying colors, myself included. I thoroughly enjoyed my interview and meeting/speaking with the people that I would eventually work with. My experience at the time included talking to the hiring recruiter on the phone, two days of in-person interviews, a homework assignment, and of course the dreaded Wonderlic test…. Oooh… Scary. Everyone I spoke to, including the founder and CEO of the company, went out of their way to make me feel comfortable, and engage in meaningful conversation about my experiences, ideas about the role that needed to be filled, and why I wanted to come work for Deacom. I walked into the interview process with the mindset that I was going to have a purposeful dialogue with anyone I met – regardless of whether I was asked boilerplate questions or not.

Interview Questions

• Why shouldn’t we hire you?   1 Answer

Systems Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Deacom (Wayne, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview on a Monday and was offered an on-site interview on Friday - quick turn around. The interview was very lengthy - more than 3 hours. As soon as I sat down, I was handed a laptop and given a Wonderlic test. The test itself was not difficult, but being unprepared for it and is format was challenging. I was then asked to write an apology email to a customer in response to a software problem. This was easy also, except for not knowing the company policies on such things. I tried to be generic. Lastly, I meet with 4 people - HR, another SS, a Project Manager, and the Ops Manager (Owner's Son). Everyone was very nice, and the office atmosphere seemed quite good. The interview, while long, revolved mostly around the kinds of questions you might expect in an interview... Why us? Why should we hire you? Etc

Interview Questions

• Name two things that your current co-workers do better than you.   2 Answers