Dealer eProcess Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Dealer eProcess

2.5

PHP Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dealer eProcess (Chicago, IL) in November 2018.

Interview

First there is a phone screen. There's nothing technical but the recruiter knows more than the average. She'll ask you specific technologies you worked with, what methodology your team followed, etc... They weigh the phone screen heavily since there's only two interviews total.

One thing to mention is they are super weary of having multiple employers on your resume and a computer science degree(more on this in a bit). Weary as in they don't like it. If you have either of these on your resume, expect a handful of questions.

The in-person interview went great, it's an open discussion between their two of the higher ups and yourself. No technical questions whatsoever. They do expect you to bring in questions so they know you are interested in the company and not just a job to make money. It's a hefty conversation that lasted 2 hours majority of it the interviewers asking you specific questions. Toward the end of the interview the interviewer blurts out "we usually don't hire people with college degrees.." I had a CS degree so it was a bit awkward.

The last final test is a take home assignment. You are allowed to use Google. Expect some basic OOP questions in PHP like the difference between private, protected, and public, what bit operators do, etc.. There is also segments to write code and to debug/code review.

After completing the assignment I got completely ghosted. The once cheerful HR representative never responded to my emails.

Launch Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dealer eProcess (Downers Grove, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Comfortable and hands on. Having the owners in the interview can make some feel uneasy, but it s meant to show you how involved the owners are in the day to day!

Interview Questions

• How well do you work in a group setting?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dealer eProcess (Lisle, IL) in May 2018.

Interview

After applying for the Digital Marketing Assistant position through Indeed, I was contacted a few days later via phone call. I had a brief phone screen in which the kind HR representative asked me brief questions to see if I was qualified for this position. It turned out that, while I was not qualified for the Digital Marketing Assistant position, there was another open position I was qualified for. I set up the in-person interview for the Account Executive role at the end of the phone screen.

The in-person interview was scheduled for later that same week as the phone screen. For the in-person interview, I interviewed with the HR representative and the Manager of the Account Executives. The interview itself was very relaxed and stress-free. I could tell that the two ladies I interviewed with wanted to create the best environment for the meeting. The questions pertained to my experience at my other jobs and how I might possibly use my skills and background for the Account Executive position. My interview lasted longer than most of my other interviews, but I'm happy it did because I took away a lot from it.

I received the offer letter the same day as my interview.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions pertained to how my previous roles along with my skills and background would be beneficial in the Accounting Executive role.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dealer eProcess (Lisle, IL) in February 2019.

Interview

The interview process was very relaxed. I sat down with the HR manager and manager of Account Executives. They asked pretty simple questions and allowed for questions if I had any.

Interview Questions

• How do you prefer to communicate with clients and customers? phone or email?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dealer eProcess (Chicago, IL) in April 2019.

Interview

Very casual and conversational interview process. I sat down with 2 folks (HR and the AE manager). We spoke about my experience, what i am looking for, what they are looking, etc. I feel they are looking for experience, a good team fit, and your ability to multi task. This was honestly one of the better interviews I have been a part of.

Interview Questions

• If you were a hamburger, what part of the burger would you be?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dealer eProcess (Downers Grove, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

I was brought in the first time for an initial interview by the launch team. The second interview I was brought in and interviewed a little more and the owner of the company was present. I then took an at home personality test.

Interview Questions

• If you were a hamburger, what part of the burger would you be?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dealer eProcess (Downers Grove, IL) in November 2013.

Interview

The interview was pretty chill; the interview was done by both owners. I was hired later that day. I know the process has changed now though where managers & HR will meet with the potential employee first and then if they think there is the potential to hire, will either bring the owners in that day or schedule a follow-up interview. There is also a personality test as well.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dealer eProcess (Lisle, IL) in June 2018.

Interview

I initially met with the Human Resources Manager. She was very welcoming and friendly. My interview was regarding me to be her intern. However, she suggested another role in which offered more money and was permanent. I believe that is what makes her a great fit for HR. I had a second interview with two more people. They were super friendly and we were all laughing and cracking jokes. That is how I knew that this was a going to be a great work environment.

Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dealer eProcess.

Interview

I applied for a writer position with this company and received a call for an interview. The first interview went well. I met with two people who were very friendly and nice. Like the other reviewer, they didn't offer me much in a salary. I declined the offer and was asked to come back for a follow up interview with the partners or the founders of the company.

This is where it gets weird. They didn't really make eye contact or seem all that interested in asking me questions. Except they did ask if I wrote a review on this website. I always wait a while before writing a review, but I thought it was unprofessional to ask me that question.

At the end of the conversation, they shook my hand and let me see myself out of their office. It is awkward enough walking into a business for an interview, but it's even worse when you have to find your way out. This is weird for someone who's come in to interview and establish a professional relationship. I felt uncomfortable and scrutinized. In the end, I wouldn't work for this company because I felt a little disrespected and like they did not have any concern to be courteous towards me.

I've worked with companies like that before. The employees are sweet, fun, enthusiastic, and awesome. But then you meet the partners or owners, and they feel judgmental, careless of their employees, and so forth.

I was also told during the second interview that the company cannot pay writers more because their clients do not understand the importance of good writing. This makes zero sense. Your clients do not know what you pay employees. So you do not value good writing and aren't willing to pay for talent and employee satisfaction.

After reading the reviews on glassdoor, I got a sense that the negative things said on here is the truth, but also that I should take my talents elsewhere.

I never received a response or an additional offer. But the moment the owners did not show me to the door like a person with manners would do, I had decided that this company isn't the right fit for me.

Interview Questions

• How good are you at multitasking?   1 Answer

Content Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Dealer eProcess (Lisle, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with the department director and one HR representative. The interview was one of the friendliest I've had. We covered experience and job expectations, but it all felt like a casual conversation between new friends. There was little to no awkward pressure. The director went over my resume during the interview, seemingly for the first time, which I thought was weird. However, she used it as a roadmap to shape the conversation/interview after going over the details of the position, so in that way, it wasn't offputting.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to take the position?   1 Answer

I'm holding out for a higher paying position at my current place of employment.