Dean & Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 19, 2017

3.2

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dean & Company (Vienna, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview consisted entirely of a pretty obscure, but interesting case. It was highly mathematically-based (not with actual numbers - think more graphs and understanding trends). Interviewer was very helpful and supportive during the entire process.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dean & Company (Washington, DC) in February 2017.

Interview

On-campus first round case interview, then flown to DC for a behavioral interview with an analyst, a case interview with an associate, and another case with a VP. Great people, great communication throughout the process

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dean & Company.

Interview

Applied through on-campus recruiting. Interviewed on campus. One interviewer walked me through a case interview, minimal behavioral questions. The case was very quantitative, asking for multiple computations of large numbers; as a math major, I struggled because I wanted a precise answer not an estimated one.
    The second round of interviews would have been the next day; I was told by the end of the night that I had not received a second round interview.

Interview Questions

• Would you rather use the mean or the median for this analysis?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dean & Company (Durham, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

Attend first round interview, 45 mins. 15 mins behavior questions and 30 mins case interview. Case is the most important part in the interview. The case I got is a quantitative one.

Interview Questions

• Why do you choose to apply Dean & Company?
      Why do you apply this position?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dean & Company in September 2016.

Interview

On-campus recruiting, had an info session before the interview to get to know the company and interview style, very helpful for prepping for the interview. Fairly easy case during the process

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dean & Company in September 2016.

Interview

Recruited on campus. Had a 30-minute case interview for the first round with no fit component. The case ase was very quantitative and required you to evaluate trends in the data. Was called back the next day for 2 45 minute case interviews with a 15-minute fit interview. One interview was with Principal and one with a senior analyst at the firm. Every was extremely nice and receptive. They were a little slow to get back after 2nd rounds but responded to a follow-up email.

Interview Questions

• Evaluation of Telecommunications market and new product option   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dean & Company (Durham, NC) in September 2015.

Interview

One on campus interview. Was selected for an interview based on career fair and resume and cover letter submission. Interview was only half an hour, and no behavioral questions were asked. One case spanned the duration of the interview. I was able to ask questions at the end about my interviewers company experience.

Interview Questions

• Solely case study based. Asked about investing in a residential solar company   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dean & Company (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Case Interview - Very quantitative. Got to second round, didn't make it past it.They were very friendly, not much behavioral questions at all. Lots of estimate the number of tennis balls in a football field type of questions. They interviewed me in their New York office.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dean & Company (Durham, NC) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied through on-campus recruiting; it is a three round process. First round, one 30 minute case interview. Next day, two 45 minute case interviews with about 10 minutes of behavioral for one. Third round is in-office. Heard back about a week later, did not receive an offer for the third round.

Interview Questions

• Given a table of profits and revenues for a bank in 3 different geographical areas and asked to analyze and come to conclusions.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied on campus; process took about two weeks. Basically all consisted of case interview (very limited behavioral portion)...cases were thought provoking and interesting. Interviewers were conversational and helpful. I found them to be challenging but practice definitely helps.

Office visit was useful to meet most of the firm and get a sense for the work. Had multiple opportunities to ask questions of analysts as well as managers.

Interview Questions

• Question regarding telecom was the toughest given no industry knowledge but thinking through the structure is more important.   Answer Question