Dean & Company Interview Questions

Updated Mar 17, 2020

To filter interviews, or .
Found 39 of over 39 interviews

3.2
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Dean & Company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Dean & Company (Charlottesville, VA) in Feb 2020

Interview

Typical case interview, pretty standard. It can be difficult if it's your first one, but they really just want to hear you articulate what you're doing at every single step in the process in answering the question.

Interview Questions
  • Asked a case about how to fix falling sales for a toy retailer
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dean & Company (United States)

Interview

Went to networking events. Applied through University Handshake and was selected for an interview. The person who was originally supposed to interview me went to take a phone call instead and I was motioned towards a bare room with a laptop, pen and paper. A remote interviewer conducted the interview through the laptop. The interview was much more difficult than any first-round interview you would get with MBB companies, with a multitude of very complex graphs, unclear data and curveballs thrown at you.

Interview Questions
  • How would you design a metric to quantify the competitiveness of Company A's product?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dean & Company (United States) in Nov 2019

Interview

I’m local to their DC office. I submitted my paperwork, and very quickly they set up an interview. The gentleman who interviewed me did not ask any behavioral questions, and immediately went into a fairly difficult case study. I hadn’t practiced those in a while, so I was pretty rusty. This was entirely my fault. But in terms of a case study, it was pretty hard. Even though I knew I bombed it, the rep said he would be in touch about next steps. I never received a call. FYI, their website is so outdated. They don’t keep anything up to date, so be watchful. I thought my technical expertise would matter, so I selectively applied for the job. It turns out I would not be doing anything that pertained to my background.

Interview Questions
  • Explain how this purchaser of used cell phones can expand its operations.

Application

Interview

It was a standard case interview with no behavioral component. The interviewer was nice and gave helpful direction. The only negative feedback I would give is that the interviewer was running late so my interview started 15 minutes late and I felt he was rushing me a bit through the case.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Dean & Company (Baltimore, MD) in Oct 2017

Interview

Applied online, on-campus case interview followed. The people interviewing were super nice and helpful. It was a typical quant case interview (market sizing, graphs, etc). Didn't get the job, but overall was a positive interview experience.

Interview Questions
  • Given a chart asked to interpret. Also asked about the market for solar panels (used market sizing)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dean & Company (Durham, NC) in Sep 2017

Interview

Meet some employees at school's career fair. Dropped my resume and received an interview about a week later. Attended pre-interview event where they gave you some info on the company. Interviewed with a partner, nice guy. Math-oriented firm.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dean & Company (Vienna, VA) in Feb 2017

Interview

The interview consisted entirely of a pretty obscure, but interesting case. It was highly mathematically-based (not with actual numbers - think more graphs and understanding trends). Interviewer was very helpful and supportive during the entire process.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dean & Company (Washington, DC) in Feb 2017

Interview

On-campus first round case interview, then flown to DC for a behavioral interview with an analyst, a case interview with an associate, and another case with a VP. Great people, great communication throughout the process

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Application

Interview

Applied through on-campus recruiting. Interviewed on campus. One interviewer walked me through a case interview, minimal behavioral questions. The case was very quantitative, asking for multiple computations of large numbers; as a math major, I struggled because I wanted a precise answer not an estimated one. The second round of interviews would have been the next day; I was told by the end of the night that I had not received a second round interview.

Interview Questions
  • Would you rather use the mean or the median for this analysis?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dean & Company (Durham, NC) in Sep 2016

Interview

Attend first round interview, 45 mins. 15 mins behavior questions and 30 mins case interview. Case is the most important part in the interview. The case I got is a quantitative one.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you choose to apply Dean & Company? Why do you apply this position?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 39 Interviews