Debevoise & Plimpton Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 30, 2016

2.7

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Debevoise & Plimpton (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online and then I was called by an HR coordinator. The phone interview was very conversational, basic interview questions and trying to get a sense of your personality. In a couple days I met with HR and then managers of the department.

Interview Questions

• What are your strength and weaknesses? Basic interview questions.   Answer Question

Billing & Collections Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Debevoise & Plimpton (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Met with collections supervisor and manager . Interviewers explained job functions and tasks and went into great detail on working hours during busy season.

Only negative with this experience was not hearing back either way . I don't think I've ever had an organization not at least acknowledge that I took a meeting. Left not the best impression of this firm from a interview / potential new hire view point

Interview Questions

• Standard questions regarding previous experiences how I dealt with work load ,   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Debevoise & Plimpton (New York, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

There will be a meeting with 4-5 partners for about thirty minutes each, followed by lunch, coffee, or dinner with two associates. Overall, the interview process takes anywhere from 4-6 hours. If you express a preference about a certain practice group, many of your interviewers will be from that practice group. Otherwise, it is random.

Interview Questions

• Many interviewers will ask you if you have any questions about Debevoise. Some may also ask why Debevoise.   Answer Question

NOC Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Debevoise & Plimpton (New York, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

The hiring process is incredibly easy. You get asked 1-2 technical questions (and that is because the people hiring no NOTHING about technology) and the rest are all personal questions. Easy to land a job if you get the interview. They ask for people that are pretty senior in the job req but the work is really entry level.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were pretty much unexpected because it was more of a conversation about life than a job interview.   Answer Question

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Debevoise & Plimpton (London, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

First interview meet with 2 employees and again 2 different employees for second interview
    First interview was very conversational and flowed but the second the interviewers were rigid and felt very closed

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you dealt with a difficult situation/employee.   Answer Question

Associate Attorney Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Debevoise & Plimpton.

Interview

Standard affair of 3 rounds of interviews: covering background, skills and job suitability; had conducted several meets and greets with relevant partners and counsel from the department applied for as well as another department (for independent moderation).