Dechert Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dechert Interview Questions

Updated Aug 2, 2018

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dechert (Irvine, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I received a call from hr a couple of weeks after submitting my resume online then interviewed in the office and received an offer several weeks later. The individuals I met with were pleasant all around. I had a very good feeling.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to work independently?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dechert (San Francisco, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I had my first phone interview about 10 days ago. By the end of the call, my interviewer told me that I had made to the second round and that a hiring manager would be in contact to schedule a face-to-face interview. I have not yet heared from the firm although I sent an email a few days ago.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dechert (Phila, PA) in June 2013.

Interview

Interviewed with Administrator and took test on computer re: reading comprehension and writing ability. Interviewer explained job responsibilities noting the job could be tedious with possible overtime. Working on small piece of litigation very repetitive without seeing full process

Interview Questions

• Why you wanted to work there. What your strengths and weaknesses were   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Dechert (Mountain View, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

They had an initial phone screen and then called in those they liked for an in-person interview. I believe they interviewed a ton of candidates in person and only selected two for the positions.

Associate Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dechert (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

Half day event, met with about 5 different people - first year associate, a third year, a partner, a managing partner, and an HR person. Long day. Many questions. Tour of the office. Why Dechert? litigation v. corporate. no water break, long day

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dechert (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2009.

Interview

I heard of the job opening through a staff agency. I had a one on one interview with my present manager and a short meeting with my current co-worker. Before I met either of them - I had a skills test for Excel. My manager was very pleasant and very fair during the interview process.

Interview Questions

• How do i work under stressful situations?   1 Answer

Librarian Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dechert (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by HR for an interview. I met with HR representative and then with the head librarian in the Philadelphia office. I also met via video/phone with the head of all library services for the firm. She worked out of the New York office. The whole process took about an hour and a half I think. Everyone was very professional and seemed nice. Dechert is the most profitable law firm in Philadelphia and they seem very driven by the bottom line. In most law firms Librarians usually do not have to bill their time. Some database charges are billed to the client, but at Dechert librarians fill out time sheets like attorneys. I also got the impression that you have to justify your existence. When the budget for the library comes around every year, it seems they are lways looking to get the most out of every dollar. While I can understand the importance of this, I think it get go to extremes. This was just the impression I got, and it could be off. I sent Thank you notes to everyone I met with and never heard back.

Interview Questions

• I can't remember any questions that were not your typical interview questions.   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dechert (New York, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

You are brought in small groups for the call-back. Relatively few get offered callbacks, so if you get one, it's already a very good sign. You meet with two to three associates and two to three partners, and will go to lunch in between. The key is to relax and have a meaningful conversation.

Interview Questions

• What do you like most about Dechert?   1 Answer

Staff Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dechert (Phila, PA) in June 2007.

Interview

2 interviews. One with group director and then one with partner. Apparently after the first interview, they decided to hire me because the second interview was perfunctory. The first interview included a description of the duties and the salary and benefits.. I was asked to describe my past work experience and also wto explain why I was pursuing this job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. There is a set salary.

Desktop Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dechert (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2015.

Interview

Phone screen with IT Services Manager, then F2F with Senior HR Rep, IT Services Manager, and Director of IT Services. They really liked my personality and had nothing negative to say about how the interviews went. Ended up not being offered the job for the sheer fact that I have an Associate's Degree and not a Bachelor's. It seems that some companies care more about a piece of paper than experience and who can actually get the job done.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a difficult client?   1 Answer