Dechert Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 14, 2017

2.9

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Dechert (Mountain View, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

They had an initial phone screen and then called in those they liked for an in-person interview. I believe they interviewed a ton of candidates in person and only selected two for the positions.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Dechert (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Had phone interview a couple of weeks after sending my resume. Interviewed with 11 people. No response from them after interviews in mid-June. Hey, I understand if I didn't get the job, but just tell me after I took time and money to fly to interviews. Unprofessional.

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dechert (Irvine, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I received a call from hr a couple of weeks after submitting my resume online then interviewed in the office and received an offer several weeks later. The individuals I met with were pleasant all around. I had a very good feeling.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to work independently?   1 Answer

Desktop Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dechert (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2015.

Interview

Phone screen with IT Services Manager, then F2F with Senior HR Rep, IT Services Manager, and Director of IT Services. They really liked my personality and had nothing negative to say about how the interviews went. Ended up not being offered the job for the sheer fact that I have an Associate's Degree and not a Bachelor's. It seems that some companies care more about a piece of paper than experience and who can actually get the job done.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a difficult client?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dechert (San Francisco, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I had my first phone interview about 10 days ago. By the end of the call, my interviewer told me that I had made to the second round and that a hiring manager would be in contact to schedule a face-to-face interview. I have not yet heared from the firm although I sent an email a few days ago.

Tax Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dechert in May 2015.

Interview

Very nice and friendly people. The interview wasn't very difficult they asked a lot of questions about personal work history. The questions were not technical in nature. I did not receive an offer but enjoyed the experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time where you were in a confrontational work environment, and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dechert.

Interview

Phone screen with HR, then Interviewed with five different people over two in person interviews. First meeting was with the 2 managers of Finance, the next interview was with the Director, then an analyst and the last was with the HR associate. The HR associate asked more behavioral questions while the other interviews had the normal questions like rate yourself on excel, where do you see yourself in 5 years.. etc..

Associate Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dechert (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

Half day event, met with about 5 different people - first year associate, a third year, a partner, a managing partner, and an HR person. Long day. Many questions. Tour of the office. Why Dechert? litigation v. corporate. no water break, long day

Finance Project Interview

Interview

Met with 4 different people over 3 interviews. First meeting was with the 2 managers of Finance, the next interview was with the Accounting manager, and the last was with the HR associate. The HR associate asked more bheavioral questions while the other 2 interviews had the normal questions like rate yourself on excel and so on..

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dechert (Phila, PA) in June 2013.

Interview

Interviewed with Administrator and took test on computer re: reading comprehension and writing ability. Interviewer explained job responsibilities noting the job could be tedious with possible overtime. Working on small piece of litigation very repetitive without seeing full process

Interview Questions

• Why you wanted to work there. What your strengths and weaknesses were   Answer Question