Dechert Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dechert Interview Questions

Updated Nov 12, 2017

2.9

Human Resources Temp Interview

Interview

I am appalled by how Dechert handled my interview. I had 2 interviews and a skills test arranged. I met with the first interviewer who was not enthused to be interviewing someone as a replacement for the position. The first interview told me the head of HR would be in shortly. 45 minutes later, with no update, I leave the conference room and inquire what is happening at the front desk. They tell me the HR director's meeting ran long and that my interview with the director and my testing session would be rescheduled. They did not respond for weeks and did not apologize for the poor processes on their part. I now carry a negative experience of Dechert because of their mismanagement and lack of accountability in my interview process.

Interview Questions

Dechert Response

Sep 22, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We did look into the situation and turns out there was an interview scheduling mix-up. This is not how we normally operate. We try to make sure everyone is treated with... More

Audiovisual Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dechert (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2017.

Interview

I had a lengthy telephone conversation on the phone and was scheduled for an in person interview at the Philadelphia location nearly two weeks later. I met with the Director, and seven other individuals via videoconference and in person. I reached out to the individuals I Interviewed with to inquire about the status of the position but never received a response. I decided to give up once I never received any return correspondence after a month.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how I would handle difficult or irate customers.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Dechert (Mountain View, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

They had an initial phone screen and then called in those they liked for an in-person interview. I believe they interviewed a ton of candidates in person and only selected two for the positions.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Dechert (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Had phone interview a couple of weeks after sending my resume. Interviewed with 11 people. No response from them after interviews in mid-June. Hey, I understand if I didn't get the job, but just tell me after I took time and money to fly to interviews. Unprofessional.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dechert (Irvine, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I received a call from hr a couple of weeks after submitting my resume online then interviewed in the office and received an offer several weeks later. The individuals I met with were pleasant all around. I had a very good feeling.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to work independently?   1 Answer

Desktop Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dechert (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2015.

Interview

Phone screen with IT Services Manager, then F2F with Senior HR Rep, IT Services Manager, and Director of IT Services. They really liked my personality and had nothing negative to say about how the interviews went. Ended up not being offered the job for the sheer fact that I have an Associate's Degree and not a Bachelor's. It seems that some companies care more about a piece of paper than experience and who can actually get the job done.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a difficult client?   1 Answer

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dechert (San Francisco, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I had my first phone interview about 10 days ago. By the end of the call, my interviewer told me that I had made to the second round and that a hiring manager would be in contact to schedule a face-to-face interview. I have not yet heared from the firm although I sent an email a few days ago.

Tax Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dechert in May 2015.

Interview

Very nice and friendly people. The interview wasn't very difficult they asked a lot of questions about personal work history. The questions were not technical in nature. I did not receive an offer but enjoyed the experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time where you were in a confrontational work environment, and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dechert.

Interview

Phone screen with HR, then Interviewed with five different people over two in person interviews. First meeting was with the 2 managers of Finance, the next interview was with the Director, then an analyst and the last was with the HR associate. The HR associate asked more behavioral questions while the other interviews had the normal questions like rate yourself on excel, where do you see yourself in 5 years.. etc..

Associate Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dechert (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

Half day event, met with about 5 different people - first year associate, a third year, a partner, a managing partner, and an HR person. Long day. Many questions. Tour of the office. Why Dechert? litigation v. corporate. no water break, long day