Dedicated Computing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dedicated Computing Interview Questions

Updated Feb 17, 2017

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dedicated Computing (Waukesha, WI).

Interview

Was brought in for an in person interview a few days after applying. Went through 4 waves of interview groups. HR first, then 2 sets of Production Leads, then the Manufacturing Manager. Questions were basic situational trouble shooting computers and S.T.A.R. questions.

Interview Questions

• What are the steps that you would go through to troubleshoot a computer that isn't powering on?   Answer Question
    • When was the last time you built a computer and how did you know what components to put into the computer?   Answer Question

Hardware Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukesha, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dedicated Computing (Waukesha, WI) in March 2015.

Interview

It was very typical. At first they had confused me with another person. They had stated that I had already had a phone interview and would like to bring me in for in person interview. The only problem was that I did not.

The interview process was very standard. Talked to 6 managers, including the hiring manager and HR. Had a very short plant tour. Overall it was positive experience.

The only thing is that they do not pay well for the position. I estimate they are in the lower 20% tile in terms of compensation.

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dedicated Computing.

Interview

One phone screen, one in person interview with manager of department. Phone screen was from recruiter who didn't ask many relevant questions to the position. In person was informal. There was a background check and drug screening that needed to be completed.

Interview Questions

• Very impersonal. MOre Q/A. Manager was late and was distracted entire interview checking his phone.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't one.

Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dedicated Computing (Waukesha, WI) in December 2014.

Interview

fun people, easy interview. It took about 2 hours for the full interview, including meeting with the different managers for the cells and a floor tour. all in all it was a decent experience.

Interview Questions

• how experienced you are in building and testing computers   Answer Question

Cell Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dedicated Computing (Waukesha, WI).

Interview

Multiple interviews, with teams of people. At one point I had 6 people asking me questions at once. felt kind of cornered. Overall though if you know your stuff the questions are easy & the people are very nice. They seem to have a very high turnover rate as I was hired by a staffing agency. I had multiple phone interviews, a one on one interview, a team interview ... allot of interviewing to say the least.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite version of Linux?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None, was hired through a temp agency. Hourly was already decided. $11 an hour.

Material Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dedicated Computing (Waukesha, WI) in June 2014.

Interview

It was easier than I thought, it was about one week till i heard back from them. I first met with the HR manager and was asked usual questions about myself, talked about the position, and some skilled questions. I then met afterwards the logistic manager in which went with pretty much the same questions but then add some questions such as if I was aware and have knowledge of this software and how advance am I in this...

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position, do you have knowledge in excel (examples), what's your schedule for the summer/semester, and etc.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wauwatosa, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dedicated Computing (Wauwatosa, WI) in May 2014.

Interview

It was a very standard interview process, starting with a phone interview followed by an in-person interview. No brain teasers or out of the box questions. Make sure to be able to describe your resume and your technical skills.

Anonymous Employee in Pewaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Dedicated Computing (Pewaukee, WI) in July 2013.

Interview

To even get to the interview process the company reviewed resumes for almost 2 months. Once you are selected as a candidate you are called up by HR for a brief phone interview discussing the position in grater depth as well as going over some standard interview questions about previous employment qualifications etc.

If selected to move on to the second round of interviews you come into the building and have a face to face interview with:

1st the HR team who asks the same basic questions to gage your personality and your previous experience in grater depth.

2nd at least two floor managers "Cell Leaders" will come in and ask you the same basic questions as HR as well as a few about your experience with computers and your ability to follow the detailed instructions necessary to build the computer to spec. You will then go out for a tour with the Cell Leads and they will show you the general layout of how the production units or "Cells" work where you will be if you are hired on.

3rd you will meet with the production manager who will again ask you basic questions about your job history and where you have worked previously.

You must pass a drug screen.

If you pass both rounds you will then be brought in and trained for 3-4 day following a computer through the production line from start to finish meeting people and beginning to understand the instructions and the assembly process. You will build a system following the instructions to best of your ability and then it will be inspected you will watch videos on handling electronic components and on ESD safety.

After all this you will be brought into your perspective "Cell" where you will be trained through all the various steps generally stating from easiest to hardest.

Interview Questions

• "Describe a time when you demonstrated your attention to quality in a work environment"   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non-negotiable at will employment

Technician Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dedicated Computing.

Interview

Phone interview with staffing then in person interview with staffing. Phone interview with company then in person interview with 2-3 head people at company

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wauwatosa, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Dedicated Computing (Wauwatosa, WI) in February 2011.

Interview

Presentation to group of executive staff and other personnel. Loose, laid back and audience was oblivious to what was presented and not really sure how my role fit with the company. Amazing that they were as unprepared as they were...but now looking back their low level of understanding of the market shows they a small fish swimming in a sea of sharks and not really knowing what they are doing.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not too much flexibility...more of a take it or leave it scenario