Dedicated Computing Reviews | Glassdoor

Don Schlidt

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "HLA Tech"

I worked at Dedicated Computing full-time

Pros

Fun and lively work environment.

Cons

Horrible working hours and consistent mandatory overtime.

"Good Job but not a Career"

Current Employee - Production Technician in Waukesha, WI
    Current Employee - Production Technician in Waukesha, WI

I have been working at Dedicated Computing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with. Lots of technical knowledge can be learned from just about anyone there. Very friendly environment with visible upper management. Overtime readily available for people who want it.

Cons

Management does what it can to save a buck. They don't try to keep top talent around, they're more than happy to let talent leave and just hire a new person off the street. Even if that means they have to increase hours. They also require a lot of background experience for entry level positions that don't really need that experience. Not a lot of room for growth.

Advice to Management

Keep your top talent around. A lot can be solved by keep your best employees happy instead of bringing in a brand new employee and trying to make it work. Good help is hard to find.

"Poop Show"

Former Employee - Network Engineer in Wauwatosa, WI
    Former Employee - Network Engineer in Wauwatosa, WI

I worked at Dedicated Computing full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Coworkers that I worked with. BYOD cell phone reimbursement if you were in the right positions ($90 for everyone at the poo on level, and $210 if they liked you and you were always in the office).

Cons

EVERYTHING ELSE. They take advantage of everyone and everything they can. I was in the engineering department (Formally Tushaus), and my first manager was great, then he was gone, then had a new manager every month for the next couple of months. Then had THE WORST MANAGER IN THE WORLD! He would ask me to work on something, then hover over me as I did it. If I had an idea, that he didn't link, he would tell everyone why it was so bad. It got to the point when the team had a meeting, he would ask for ideas, everyone would IM each other with "Quit" or "Don't ask us". He would throw us under the bus every chance he could. I was triple booked by him, and he said, "you'll figure it out", and I end up calling all 3 customers to vetting out what was most critical. After that, I got reprimanded by him for contacting the customers and telling them I would have to be in hours late or the next day.

Then the new ERP system started. The poor person who started as project manager was doing what he could. A higher up person wanted to cheap out on stuff, and led the whole project down the wrong path. Then they fired the project manager when they found they wasted 3 million on the wrong path, and people started to lose jobs. They fired many good hard working people, only to keep the snake and traders that were stealing from the company. One person was in direct competition and would work on his own business and tell his customers "Dedicated is going down, and they shouldn't use them", but that person go to stay because he kisses more behind than the guy that prompts the company.

They would spend thousands of dollars for some gimmicky tech, and not increase anyone pay.
    Bottom line, do not work at or with or near Dedicated Computing if you are a hard working, good person.

Advice to Management

1) Start thinking about security, I know of two people that walked out with a complete list of customers.
    2) Make all employees part owners, and you will get more dedication from them. Or at least just tell everyone that the director levels are part company owners.
    3) STOP PUSHING SHAREPOINT ONLINE, it's to slow for what they did in manufacturing.

4. "Design Engineer"

Former Employee - Design Engineer in Waukesha, WI
    Former Employee - Design Engineer in Waukesha, WI

I worked at Dedicated Computing (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits are decent for position

Cons

Pay needs some improvement and high turnover rate

Advice to Management

Make pay scale higher with education

5. "Stepping Stone"

Pros

Decent pay, freedom to work on your own, Great people to work with.

Cons

No clear way of moving up in company,
    Politics and favoritism seem to be more important than skills and education.
    Empty promises and overworking of employees

Advice to Management

Improve training with new employees.
    Hold management accountable for shortcomings
    Tear down politics and secrecy and hire people with better skills to higher positions,

6. "Hit or miss, general management problems"

I worked at Dedicated Computing full-time

Pros

This company tends to be innovative, and spends some considerable effort providing community outreach and allows employees to direct themselves

Cons

lower level management often is too busy spending time looking further up the corporate ladder with meetings and other process requirements. and low level employees are left to function on their own without enough feedback.

Advice to Management

Reduce the burden of oversight on department managers such that managers are able to actually work with the people they are supposed to manage

7. "Good"

I worked at Dedicated Computing full-time

Pros

Good opportunity for learning if you like computers.

Cons

Interns didn't do anything of significance.

"Good simple place to work"

Pros

Possibly learn about computers... All you do is assemble computer systems, learn to trouble shoot them, and solve what is wrong with them. Not a lot of pros.

Cons

Work is extremely simple yet co-workers take it not seriously at all. No one works well/hard to meet goals or deadlines and what I mean by that is co-workers talk, leader and management does not care as long as you can make it look like your working. There is no room for advancement even if you have certifications and degrees. Pay is not competitive at all.

9. "Worst Job I've Had"

I worked at Dedicated Computing full-time

Pros

People are great and fun to work with that's about it.

Cons

Managers don't seem to have a clue what is going on in their departments. They have not worked in the position of the employees so they do not know how to set proper expectations. They do not listen to the employee's input and make false promises. Process of doing things is horrible. If there is a process it is not followed and is not in place. Employees are all seriously underpaid and overworked. No opportunities for advancement. Office people are segregated from factory people and it feels like an US and THEM situation. Very little if any praise for hitting goals. A lot of talk but no rewards whatsoever. Employee's are afraid to speak out in fear of getting fired.

Advice to Management

Ween down on some of the power-trip managers who don't have a clue what they are doing.

"Toxic Environment and Unprofessional Slave Drivers"

Former Employee - Enterprise Network Engineer in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Enterprise Network Engineer in Milwaukee, WI

Pros

None. See the Cons for an explanation.

Cons

Believe all of the negative reviews. Below average pay and benefits. Lookup reviews of Tushaus Computer Services, it's the same pig with new lipstick.

I've had a couple bad jobs and bosses before but this company takes it to a new level. The more time and skills I gave, the more they demanded. I was working 70-80 hrs a week and rarely got the performance bonuses that were dangled in front of me. When I was hired I was promised that there wouldn't be any overnight travel required. I ended up being gone more nights than at home.

I took vacation time to move and my boss demanded that get a project done while on vacation. I completed and submitted it to him, only to find out weeks later that he never gave it to the customer and then he blamed me for it being late.

Advice to Management

They promote the absolutely incompetent and my former boss is a perfect example. (You know who you are if you read this.)

Management makes promises they can't (or won't) keep to both customers and employees. Then drive the employees into the ground trying to deliver.

This is the worst management I have ever had to work for. They put on a really good show before they hired me. Please do the right thing and just quit, you can probably sell used cars or bag groceries. Stop killing employees and disappointing customers. I can't believe this company is still in the consulting business.