Deer Valley Resort Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Deer Valley Resort

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Deer Valley Resort

Vacation Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deer Valley Resort in August 2015.

Interview

It was a phone interview with two polite managers that want to explain the position and gauge your interest level. They asked a couple qualifying questions and allowed me to do most of the talking. The interview was as beneficial to me as it was to them, as they left plenty of time for questions about job specifications and compensation.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Deer Valley Resort (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

The recruiter required 2 references from 2 supervisors and a cover letter from me. Those letters were very detailed already. I had to explain why I want to work at DV Ski School and what value I do bring to the table. All new hires with level 2 and below certification start at the children's ski school. It was an interview via Skype

Interview Questions

• If a mom is unhappy with her sons class that he was placed, what would you do?   1 Answer

Ski Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deer Valley Resort in September 2009.

Interview

Phone conversation between myself and the director of ski school. Basic behavioral questions.

They want to make sure that you're a people person and know how to teach/work with the public. They can help you improve your skiing and technical knowledge, but you've got to know how to teach and work with people.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation possible.

Ski Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deer Valley Resort in September 2010.

Interview

Very quick process - was hired in September and started work in early December 2008. After submitting my application, I was contacted by Deer Valley's human resource department within a week. We scheduled a phone interview and after that I got an email a few days later offering me a position.

Interview Questions

• No tricky questions. Turn all your weaknesses into strengths and you'll be fine.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Entry level ski instructors are a dime a dozen.

Anonymous Employee in Park City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deer Valley Resort (Park City, UT) in November 2016.

Interview

A typical, laid back interview in the office of an interviewer.
    Lasted approximately 30 minutes.
    Dressed semi-casually.
    A basic Q&A session till I was asked a couple of specific-scenario situations.
    Be prepared with a specific lesson plan of yours!

Anonymous Employee in Swain, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Deer Valley Resort (Swain, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with questions about my skiing ability and my experience teaching. I have heard that others may get interviewed over Skype or Google Hangouts. A letter or email from your previous ski school director is also greatly recommended. If you have your PSIA or AASI certification, it helps quite a bit.

Interview Questions

• How many hours of teaching do you have under your belt?   1 Answer
    • What do you do if a student is unwilling to ski?   1 Answer

Ski Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Deer Valley Resort in January 2018.

Interview

After some email correspondence, first interview was at deer valley HR office. About 30 minutes. Discussed why I want the job, what I can bring to the company, my past experience with different ages of kids, situational questions. Relaxed and engaging interview process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a ski instructor at deer valley?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if a child gets hurt during lessons?   1 Answer

Sous Chef Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Deer Valley Resort.

Interview

Interview was great, it seemed like the HR people were awesome! But they aren't. Just be yourself and talk up your great cooking experience!

Guest Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Park City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Deer Valley Resort (Park City, UT) in October 2016.

Interview

Several phone and emails. Very informative on the expectations of staff, went over all duties and benefits of Deer Valley Resorts. Quick to reply to e-mails. Everyone who I talked with were happy to answer my questions and help me decide if this opportunity was a good fit for both of us.

Interview Questions

• General questions. No tick questions.   1 Answer

Guest Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Park City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deer Valley Resort (Park City, UT) in August 2015.

Interview

I met on site with my potential supervisor and manager. We discussed my previous work experience and job duties. We met at the location where I would be working.

Interview Questions

• They asked how I had dealt with a high stress situation in a previous position.   Answer Question