Deer Valley Resort Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 28, 2017

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Deer Valley Resort

Supervisor Interview

Interview

Applied online through the Deer Valley website. I was then contacted by the department manager and set up time for a phone interview and then an additional Skype interview with the manger and assistant manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience in which you were able to help improve a guest's experience.   Answer Question

Guest Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Park City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Deer Valley Resort (Park City, UT) in October 2016.

Interview

Several phone and emails. Very informative on the expectations of staff, went over all duties and benefits of Deer Valley Resorts. Quick to reply to e-mails. Everyone who I talked with were happy to answer my questions and help me decide if this opportunity was a good fit for both of us.

Interview Questions

• General questions. No tick questions.   1 Answer

Guest Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Deer Valley, UT

Interview

Being a skier helps but is not necessary. Understanding skiing is helpful, but not necessary. Most important smile, be friendly, excellent guest service is required for all positions and at all levels. Very, very important. Don't be afraid you are too old. They love the AARP crowd and have received awards for it. It is a beautiful mix of youngies and oldies and it works really well.

Interview Questions

• The interviews aren't hard, but they seem to be quite selective in their hiring, that depends on the department however. - They always treat everyone with considerable respect and appreciation for applying. If anyone is thinking of working a season for any of the resorts -- this is the place!   Answer Question

Lift Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Deer Valley, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deer Valley Resort (Deer Valley, UT) in January 2016.

Interview

Very easy went up in one day and was hired by the end of the day. It was a simple one on one where it felt like he was just getting to know me.

Busser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Deer Valley, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Deer Valley Resort (Deer Valley, UT) in November 2015.

Interview

Sit down interview with tour. Manager met me at restaurant entrance and led me to a table. Talked for a few minutes, asked questions. Then proceeded to go through handbook and ask questions from there.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Deer Valley?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasnt a negotiation phase, it was pretty much straight forward

Vacation Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deer Valley Resort in August 2015.

Interview

It was a phone interview with two polite managers that want to explain the position and gauge your interest level. They asked a couple qualifying questions and allowed me to do most of the talking. The interview was as beneficial to me as it was to them, as they left plenty of time for questions about job specifications and compensation.

Guest Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Park City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deer Valley Resort (Park City, UT) in August 2015.

Interview

I met on site with my potential supervisor and manager. We discussed my previous work experience and job duties. We met at the location where I would be working.

Interview Questions

• They asked how I had dealt with a high stress situation in a previous position.   Answer Question

Ski Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Swain, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Deer Valley Resort (Swain, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with questions about my skiing ability and my experience teaching. I have heard that others may get interviewed over Skype or Google Hangouts. A letter or email from your previous ski school director is also greatly recommended. If you have your PSIA or AASI certification, it helps quite a bit.

Interview Questions

• How many hours of teaching do you have under your belt?   1 Answer
    • What do you do if a student is unwilling to ski?   1 Answer

Ski Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Deer Valley Resort (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

The recruiter required 2 references from 2 supervisors and a cover letter from me. Those letters were very detailed already. I had to explain why I want to work at DV Ski School and what value I do bring to the table. All new hires with level 2 and below certification start at the children's ski school. It was an interview via Skype

Interview Questions

• If a mom is unhappy with her sons class that he was placed, what would you do?   1 Answer

Sous Chef Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Deer Valley Resort.

Interview

Interview was great, it seemed like the HR people were awesome! But they aren't. Just be yourself and talk up your great cooking experience!

Negotiation