Definiens Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Definiens Interview Questions

Updated Nov 3, 2017

3.2

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Definiens.

Interview

First by Skype or Gotomeeting and then in person at the Munich offices. You can visit the office in Cambridge and talk with the other consultants. The interview is with the hiring manager and some consultants from the team

Consultant (Engineer) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Definiens (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Very interesting. First phone screening and then skype call with few team members. Had to present a project of my own. Very friendly interviewers. Got the result in two weeks

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Definiens (Munich, Bayern (Germany)) in September 2017.

Interview

Online application submitted. In few days I was contacted via email, to setup a skype interview with Vice President (VP). The skype interview was mainly for to assess the background and interest/ motivation for the position. Second round consisted of one on one and panel interviews, where I had to give a 15min presentation about my background, current projects, and work experience. The panelists were friendly. All the queries were addressed nicely.

Interview Questions

• What kind of project management experience do you possess?   1 Answer
    • How do you deal with your project issues and address them?   1 Answer
    • How do you handle conflict with a colleague or conflict between project members?   1 Answer
    • Technical questions about the R&D project I presented?   1 Answer

DevOps Engineer - Cloud Technologies and Internal Systems (M/F) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Definiens (Munich, Bayern (Germany)) in August 2017.

Interview

While being on vacations in august, I was contacted by an external recruiter for a DevOps position at Definiens and I told him I would need relocation assistance and visa sponsorship, which could also be provided by Definiens.

Next, I had three calls, two with the recruiter and one with the client, after that definiens flew me to Munich for an on-site interview, which I passed according to them.

Besides, I was told I would receive the contract once I flew back to my home country. When I flew back, they neither sent me the contract nor answered any of my e-mails. They even said to the recruiter they were preparing the offer to send it to me ASAP, which never happened.

After one month, they told the recruiter they decided to withdraw the offer and therefore they made us lose our time for both of us: me and the recruiter. It was such a terrible experience. By that time, I had to decide between two companies and I opted for definiens, worst decision ever. So, be careful and make sure to receive the contract no later than one week, verbal offers with this company are not reliable.

Interview Questions

• What is a way to keep separate versions of python projects avoiding same version library conflicts and some others regarding ip subnetting and vpc's.   1 Answer

Devops Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Definiens (Munich, Bayern (Germany)) in July 2017.

Interview

The process was fast, clear and well-structured: 3 online interviews and an onsite. The company has a very welcoming atmosphere and the interviewers come well-prepared. The onsite took the whole day, but it gave a good feel of the company, and the position I was interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• Cannot recall, but probably the most difficult question for me was around IP address distribution in AWS.   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Definiens (Munich, Bayern (Germany)) in May 2017.

Interview

There were 2 Skype Interviews, followed by an Onsite Interview. You get to meet the Leadership team. I met the CEO and was highly inspired. All my concerns and queries were handled professionally.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Definiens (Munich, Bayern (Germany)) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online thru indeed job posting, got response next day. They scheduled two rounds of Skype Interview as I was in different country than Germany.

1st Round was technical for 45 minutes, second round was exhaustive, starting with interview by VP (Managerial type) , technical manager + architect (Pure Technical with programming test) for almost 3 hours.

Interview Questions

• Manager : Why are you looking for a change? Why Germany? Have you been to Europe before?   Answer Question
    • Manager : Who all are there in your family? Are you planning to move here with your family?   Answer Question
    • Manager : What kind of team have you worked on which you liked the most and why?   Answer Question
    • Manager : Mention one team mate that is unpleasant to deal with, and how did you deal with it?   1 Answer
    • Manager : What is the typical great day at work, which at end of day you feel content about?   1 Answer
    • Technical: Describe one technically challenging situation that you faced and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question
    • Technical : Programming challenge of Nearest Neighbourhood in C++ to be implemented online thru a shared editor.   Answer Question
    • Technical : Are coding standard useful? What kind of coding standard techniques are there in C++ that you have used?   Answer Question
    • Technical : Have you used Smart pointer of C++ 11? Explain the same.   1 Answer