Dejero Labs Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Dejero Labs

3.1

Field Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dejero Labs (Seattle, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

This was a "first round" interview with the HR department. The HR manager was very courteous and respectful of my time, but focus on the specific requirements of the role while including personal interests as part of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a "success" in a previous position.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dejero Labs (Waterloo, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Spoke with a recruiter and then came on site for a tech screen. I was met by the recruiter in the lobby. The tech screen consisted of filling out a questionnaire on a computer in a room by myself with several questions regarding core C++ concepts. After I finished the questions to the best of my ability the recruiter escorted me out. Coming from an embedded C background I was taken off guard about the content of the questions and at how impersonal the interview process was. This hurt me as I wasn't invited back for second interview or an offer.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dejero Labs in September 2017.

Interview

I applied via LinkedIn from overseas. My interview process was much more drawn out than for people who applied while living nearby - probably because the 5-hour time difference makes it hard to arrange things!

An initial non-technical phone call was arranged soon after I applied so I could find out more about the company and the role.

There was a plum.io aptitude test and and an online questionnaire (the latter has since been replaced by a take-home coding exercise).

This was followed about a week later by a 90-minute Skype interview with an engineering manager, where my technical knowledge was tested and I got to find out more about the company's development process and technology.

A week after that, there was than another 90-minute video call with a technical member of the senior management team. This was less focused on technology and more on the company's plans for the future and whether I was ready to move to Canada.

Interview Questions

• If there were multiple network paths available to a single destination server, how could the fastest path to establish a TLS-encrypted session over be determined? Could this be done without sending any data over the TLS sessions?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dejero Labs (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in January 2018.

Interview

I applied online via LinkedIn Easy apply for the Senior software developer connectivity position. First response was within a week. The HR (People & Culture) team was very prompt and professional throughout the process and quick to respond to all correspondence.

Following initial phone screen a take home assignment was provided and some time to complete it within. I spent a significant amount of time on it, but I wanted it to be very clean and polished.

An in person interview was quickly scheduled following the assignment being delivered.
    The in person consisted of some senior developers and HR. Management was present for a portion of the interview.

I received a verbal offer for Software Developer the same day as my in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Take home:
      Implement a server that asynchronously handles multiple connections and parses the incoming data. Printing the data out in a specific format and handling errors or misbehaving connections as best as your experience dictates.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dejero Labs (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in December 2017.

Interview

Standard HR stuff, technical interview had a take home assignment. The take home assignment is relevant to the job I applied to, it allows you to demonstrate things that you don't normally get to in a "normal" whiteboard interview.

Interview Questions

• Take home assignment, develop a tcp server/client with specified functionality.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dejero Labs (Waterloo, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Step 1: typical HR phone interview

Step 2: online personality and pattern matching test (1 hour)

Step 3: homework assignment related to socket programming (potentially 5+ hours depending on how robustly you decide to implement it)

Invested several hours into the interview process at this place and then they don't even bother to respond after you get several steps into the interview process. Complete waste of time, and possibly unethical considering the homework assignment they give isn't purely academic in nature

Interview Questions

• implement socket server that parses incoming packets based on requirements   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Dejero Labs (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in July 2017.

Interview

I got a call from HR talking about general goals, and character questions.. After that I took a test that had like 60 question or so which took me an hour or so to finish. Anyways the test was short questions about certain programming languages. Some of these questions were in the format "what will be the output of this snippet of code?", "find the error in this snippet of code?" ... Some of the questions required you to put together a method that does what is described in the question. Anyways, waited a week or so afterwhich I got an email to schedule the next interview with on of the dev team leaders who asked me a variety of questions (character question, programming question,..), nothing too hard really.
    2 weeks after that I got a call from HR offering me the job and discussing benefits, salary, etc

Senior Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dejero Labs (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in April 2018.

Interview

Interview process was very smooth, but the HR repeated the same questions she asked during the phone interview as well as in-person interview with HR which I thought was waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Questions were very technical from the technical team. good questions.   Answer Question

Purchasing & Logistics Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dejero Labs (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in November 2015.

Interview

Phone interview followed by Plum questionnaire. Then an in person meeting with HR. Next an interview with the hiring manager. Job offer by email.
    The onboarding process once I started was the best I've ever seen. You meet with someone from each department to get a good overview of what they do, and how that relates to the position you are hired for.

Interview Questions

• They asked what type of management style I like in my immediate manager.   1 Answer