Delaware County Community College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Delaware County Community College

Math Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Media, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Delaware County Community College (Media, PA) in August 2015.

Interview

The recruiter came to me first and she knew that she wanted me to work for her, so the interview was perfunctory. She asked me questions, but she also gave me answers and I just endorsed them.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths, weaknesses? (There were a few more but I forgot.)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Media, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Delaware County Community College (Media, PA) in August 2011.

Interview

Phone and Face to Face, had to come to main campus and was offered a job on the spot. Asked about my degree and how it will relate to department. Asked what type of courses taught previously.

Anonymous Employee in Media, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Delaware County Community College (Media, PA) in October 2013.

Interview

I first applied online and after several emails and phone call, I was invited to an interview with the assistant dean. She also asked me to prepare a presentation/example lecture for her.

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Delaware County Community College.

Interview

I received an initial phone call and phone interview followed by an in-person interview with the hiring manager then an interview with the Dean. Then I was sent to meet with human resources. It was a great help that I had brought with me my sealed college transcripts. And I had completed all state mandated background checks and teaching clearances. This helped expedite my hiring as human resources did not have to wait for these clearances before hiring me. They did finger print me and submitted those to law enforcement even though that had already been done before I applied for the position.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe my teaching experience and why I wanted to teach at Delaware County Community College. I was also asked about my academic degrees in higher education.   1 Answer

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Delaware County Community College.

Interview

One interview, friendly interview to display core competencies and match with potential courses offered.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Standard pay per credit hour

Human Resources Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Delaware County Community College in February 2017.

Interview

Panel interview, one interview with about 10 people, asked in depth questions about prior experience. It would have been helpful to them if they had conducted a screening phone interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked about expertise working with adjunct faculty.   Answer Question

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Media, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Delaware County Community College (Media, PA) in January 2012.

Interview

be yourself never lie they will catch you. tell about your major , and future goals. bring reliable resources and references. get a lot of college recommendation letters also be on time. research the college history and dean.

Stem Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marple, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Delaware County Community College (Marple, PA) in October 2013.

Interview

Fair, friendly, objective, professional. I was required to make a lesson / lecture presentation on a topic of my choice - in the area of my best competency (of course according to the specific position/subject I applied for). There were several additional, more general questions.

Interview Questions

• I was required to make a lesson / lecture presentation. There were several additional, more general questions.   1 Answer

Adjunct Faulty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jennersville, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Delaware County Community College (Jennersville, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with the site supervisor. I am not on the main campus, and my department supervisor did not attend the interview, but did review my credentials. He wanted more information from my transcripts, which was appropriate. The site supervisor is absolutely a fantastic manager. He had a great sense of the culture of the school and the types of students that they cater to, as well as the types of employees work best with that type of student. He spent a lot of time explaining that to me which was helpful as I was on the fence as to whether I wanted the job. He did not have expertise in my field, so he couldn't ask me technical questions. But I think he was just assessing if I was a good fit based on my life situation - since I was kind of a risk since I had not worked professionally in many years based on being a stay at home mom.