Delaware North Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Delaware North Interview Questions

Updated Oct 4, 2017

2.1

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Delaware North.

Interview

Asked if I had work experience. Described the job. Gave me an offer and had me sign a paper that same day. One on one interview. They'll do a background check and let you know if you are accepted.

Director, Strategic Sourcing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Delaware North (Buffalo, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Two phone interviews before one Skype interview. Then, face to face interviews with 5 staff members throughout the morning. Lunch was difficult sitting near the other candidate (hearing their conversation) with the in-house recruiter who I had breakfast with.

Word to Delaware North pick two different places for lunch and show some respect for the candidates. Also, the upper management at DN does not respect staff or candidates. I walked out knowing if an offer was to come I would decline with a smile. Plus, three weeks went by and no word from DN (Radio Silence). I had to email the scheduler and ask for the recruiter to call me. If I did not do this they might never have called (No Respect). Not impressed at all with this large company and they need to treat candidates as they would want to be treated.

Interview Questions

• None nothing hard at all. Pretty normal questions from all staff members   Answer Question

gfw Interview

Anonymous Employee in Titusville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Delaware North (Titusville, FL).

Interview

Willing to work any day of the week, nights and weekends. Have to be able to drive to work bc you go on NASA property. Have to lift 30 pounds or less.

Interview Questions

• Can you obtain a background check   1 Answer

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Delaware North in April 2017.

Interview

Phone screen with HR followed by an in person interview with 3 people. Last round was phone interview with another senior manager. Pretty standard process, no "hard" questions. Received an offer but declined. They negotiated pay but were unwilling to negotiate other benefits to match the level of position I interviewed for.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience explaining accounting info to people without a finance background?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Delaware North (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2017.

Interview

The interviewer worked for the bakery's home store and not the company that owned the location I was applying to. She was lost for words and basically asked when I could start. No professional or background information needed.

Interview Questions

• When can you start?   1 Answer
    • How will you get to work? (It is at an airport, so transportation and parking is tricky).   1 Answer

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Delaware North (Buffalo, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

The recruiter calls to prescreen the candidate and then brings in a select group for in person interviews. They were very clear on what the position was about, why it was open, and what the plans for the department were. This is a huge company and there would have been alot of opportunities once you were hired and proved yourself.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work for them, background, experience, etc   Answer Question

Warehouse Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Delaware North (Cleveland, OH) in March 2017.

Interview

Great interview, I asked questions about how things work and how I didn't know how some things work around the facility. I would definitely recommend the job to a lot of my associates.

Interview Questions

• How was my experience last year from the job.   1 Answer

Assistant Retail Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Delaware North (Detroit, MI) in March 2017.

Interview

The entire process took about 3 months. It began with a phone interview with a recruiter and then about a month later I had a couple of face to face interviews. The entire process was a positive one and I was so impressed that when they gave me a timetable on when they would be in touch, they kept it. Not a lot of companies keep their word.

Interview Questions

• How much experience do you have working without a plan/guide setting up a store?   Answer Question
    • How much experience do you have doing inventory?   Answer Question
    • What's the most amount of employees you had to manage?   Answer Question

Talent Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Delaware North (Buffalo, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Very smooth process. My recruiter was very helpful and always readily available. The process moved pretty quickly. I had a phone interview and then 3 weeks later I had a face to face interview at the corporate office. I met with 2 members of the team first and then had a separate interview with the director of the Talent acquisition department.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate- wage seemed pretty set. I do have a planned vacation that I somewhat negotiated to get.

Club Level Servicer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Delaware North (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

Yes the job fair had light traffic. I arrived early and was nymber three in line. I fill filled all paper work then waitng until name was called. Next something happened I#ve never experienced in my life. The ihterviewer conducted this interview with two individuals. Image a room full candidates being interviewed at same time.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It vertically the same as the most important part of the interview.