Delphix Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 15, 2017

3.1

Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Delphix (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Long but thorough interview process. Required a presentation on a subject I was expert in, given to about 6 or 8 people - they were polite, interested, and asked good questions. Some really good technical interviews: some whiteboard / theory things that became an interesting discussion more than an interview (I learned a lot about ZFS). A great coding exercise with laptop, with interviewer watching, instead of whiteboard that required writing working code...seemed a much better way to test coding ability

Interview Questions

• Write Java code to read a dictionary (list of valid words) from a file, take user input words and respond with a list of anagrams fro the dictionary   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Delphix.

Interview

The process was extremely slow and drawn out. There were 4 interviews: a behavioural interview, a coding challenge interview, a system design interview, and an interview with your possible manager. The challenges were unique but easy. They made me wait about 2 weeks in between each stage. After I finished one stage, it would take the recruiter about a week to get back to me and schedule the next stage at least a week later. They send out interviews to almost everyone who applied, despite only having only a small amount of spots open. I applied to other companies while interviewing here and got offers that would have expired before I was done with Delphix's process at the rate they were going.

Interview Questions

Delphix Response

Mar 20, 2017 – Recruiting & Recruiting Operations

Hi there, thank you for this feedback! We are growing and scaling, and are always looking to improve. I'm sorry to hear this process took longer than you would have liked. For transparency on our ... More

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Delphix.

Interview

I applied through my university. Then, I was set up for a initial phone screen, an online coding round for which an engineer called to explain the question and another phone call that involved some technical discussions.

After this was done, I heard back from the HR that she got positive reviews and would like to move forward for on-site interviews and she scheduled a phone call to explain the process. But the HR never called. When I followed up, the HR rescheduled it and did not call, again!! Instead, I get an email saying that they were "re-evaluating hiring plans" and are not looking to hire someone with my experience level!

Interview Questions

• See other reviews for questions. They ask pretty much the same to everyone.   Answer Question

Mar 20, 2017 – Recruiting & Recruiting Operations

Hello! Thank you for this feedback. This is understandably not the best interview experience you could have had with us. We have relayed this feedback to our Recruiting team, and will make sure this ... More

Full Stack Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

The interview process seems longer than it needs to be. First I received an email for a phone conversation with a recruiter. Afterwards I scheduled a phone conversation with an engineer who gave me a coding problem and gave me 24 hours to find the solution. Then I had another phone conversation with an engineer who gave me two scenarios and asked me to come up with test cases, potential problems and solutions, etc for the two scenarios. This followed by another conversation with the recruiter who just wanted to see how I was doing and answer any questions. Finally there was a final phone conversation where I was just asked a few questions about my resume and any projects.

Interview Questions

• Use the NASA API to calculate the next time a satellite will fly over a certain geographical location   Answer Question

Mar 20, 2017 – Recruiting & Recruiting Operations

Hi there, thank you for this feedback. Sorry to hear this process took longer than expected! We pride ourselves on a high touch process, hence our recruiter scheduled time to check in and set ... More

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I interviewed at Delphix in January 2017.

Interview

First interview with the recruiter was great, moved on to the first technical interview. I did not proceed from this stage. My interview had to be rescheduled some time but overally the experience is great.

Interview Questions

Delphix Response

Mar 20, 2017 – Recruiting & Recruiting Operations

Hello! We appreciate you taking the time to provide the feedback, so thank you! We are glad to hear you had a positive experience with Delphix!

QA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Delphix (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

4 Interviews total, made it to the third. First interview was behavioral with a recruiter, then a relatively difficult coding test for the second, a testing design question for the third, and an onsite interview which I did not make it to. Interviewers were nice, although I think the third one seemed rushed and didn't give me much time to answer the question before she just gave me the answer. Overall positive experience, although I don't understand why they need 4 interviews for an intern.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Delphix (Redwood City, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Entire process took about 4 weeks. They were fast to respond after every round of interview. After having a chat with the HR there are a coding test I was required to solve which was followed by a technical phone interview for an hour. The next interview was onsite which was all day long consisting of 6 interviews.

Interview Questions

• A few string related question, thread based concepts etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Delphix (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online, recieved a response the next day to schedule a phone interview. The interview date was moved back twice, due to internal circumstances. On the scheduled day and time of the interview, received no phone call. Emailed recruiter 15 minutes after the scheduled time, but received no response. Emailed again after a few days, bug again no response. It was extremely unprofessional of them to cut off all contact with me after offering an interview.

Software Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Delphix (Seattle, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

There are two interviewers in the interview process. I got the interview chance via university career fair. The interviewers are very friendly and have great knowledge about their company culture, value, and products.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Delphix (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Recruiter and engineers were so encouraging! I applied and then got an email from the recruiter. I completed the coding challenge which was not too bad. Then we scheduled the next interview. Did not make it past this round. The next round would have been an interview with HR.

Interview Questions

• Coding challenge and then a design interview. You speak to an engineer for a dew minutes and ask any questions and then he gives you the problem for the coding challenge. The design question had multiple parts that built off of your previous answer.   Answer Question